Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Do you think boosting is cheating

This is a discussion on Do you think boosting is cheating within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Regardless of what people think. Boosting will always be cheating. Any game that has leaderboards will always be riddled with ...

  1. #41
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Regardless of what people think. Boosting will always be cheating. Any game that has leaderboards will always be riddled with booster/rage quitters and the works.

    With that being said, who the hell cares? You wanna boost to get certain trophies quicker? Do it. You wanna boost to have your name top one of these lists, more power to you. At the end of the day, you're hurting no one. Even if you hack a certain plat, it ain't like you're drowning babies in urine.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  2. #42
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Stop beng a dumbass... you'll reserve your comments but you post anyway

    There really is nothing more to say after seeing this
    What is your problem? THe other thread everyone wants to disagree with my point of view, and yet when i am no longer the only one with this view, you concentrate on me, just because i put the link to the other thread and vice versa?

    I still withhold my comments, because i argued my point in the other thread. Its nice that you want to still argue with me, even though i refuse to continue this argument.

    Go find someone else to disagree with.



  3. #43
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    What is your problem? THe other thread everyone wants to disagree with my point of view, and yet when i am no longer the only one with this view, you concentrate on me, just because i put the link to the other thread and vice versa?

    I still withhold my comments, because i argued my point in the other thread. Its nice that you want to still argue with me, even though i refuse to continue this argument.

    Go find someone else to disagree with.
    I avoided this thread but you brought me into it. You are obviously stupid, saying you refuse to argue with me but still are... You do know by quoting me and saying stuff the way you are is still arguing, right? Anyway, if you want to offend me then you're going to have to try harder

    Sig by Smashguy

  4. #44
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I avoided this thread but you brought me into it. You are obviously stupid, saying you refuse to argue with me but still are... You do know by quoting me and saying stuff the way you are is still arguing, right? Anyway, if you want to offend me then you're going to have to try harder
    Dragon, i dont see how me quoting you required you to "defend yourself". I also dont know why you would be offended. I didnt alter the quote. I am offended by you calling me stupid, but i guess your upset because you all called me a noob for my opinions, and yet other people seem to share that thought.

    Edit: I think i understand your confusion. I am "supposedly" arguing with you by posting your quote, which seems to be the minority among the other users in this thread. So although i have no grudge against you, you see it as a attack of some sort.

    To end this argument, stop replying to me. Instead, go "correct" everyone in this thread, and leave me out of it.



  5. #45
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Dragon, i dont see how me quoting you required you to "defend yourself". I also dont know why you would be offended. I didnt alter the quote. I am offended by you calling me stupid, but i guess your upset because you all called me a noob for my opinions, and yet other people seem to share that thought.

    Edit: I think i understand your confusion. I am "supposedly" arguing with you by posting your quote, which seems to be the minority among the other users in this thread. So although i have no grudge against you, you see it as a attack of some sort.

    To end this argument, stop replying to me. Instead, go "correct" everyone in this thread, and leave me out of it.
    Who said I wanted to end the argument?

    Toggle Spoiler


    Sig by Smashguy

  6. #46
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Who said I wanted to end the argument?

    Toggle Spoiler

    I dont want to end the argument either, but because you cannot answer any of the (many) questions i have posted previous, and started spamming my visitor messages (with hate mail), i would rather let you think your right then try to explain my point of view again. There isnt much of an argument when you cannot admit the flaws in your opinion and arnt willing to even consider they could be wrong.

    It really is a lost cause talking with you. Thats why i brought you to this thread. You can explain your opinion to others.

    About the picture: since i am not a noob, i dont have to follow your orders.



  7. #47
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Seriously? Honestly, who cares? This all comes down to how you define things. I remember in Super Mario Bros. on NES that you could do that one exploit for infinite 1-ups. Is that considered cheating? You were taking advantage of an exploit in the game, but is it really cheating since it was part of the game to begin with? Do people remember cheat codes and what they did? I'm sure we all remember the konami code. Even those cheat codes, you could say, were part of the game. Didn't the devs purposly put cheat codes in games?

    Cheating, to me, is using or abusing of something outside of the confines of normal rules. If you cheat at poker, you're not exploiting something intrinsic, you're going outside the boundaries of the game and breaking rules that aren't meant to be broken. I considers hacking cheating. Anyone that's platted RDR knows about the Posse Up trophy. I'm wonder if anyone may have been lucky to have gotten it legit, and by legit, I don't mean lobby-hopping and asking people to join your FL so you could get the trophy. I mean you actually joined a lobby and were fortunate enough to have had 7 of your online friends in that lobby (or however many you needed). Often times, boosting is a 'necessary evil'. Anyone who considers it cheating is an idiot...nuff said.

  8. #48
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I dont want to end the argument either, but because you cannot answer any of the (many) questions i have posted previous, and started spamming my visitor messages (with hate mail), i would rather let you think your right then try to explain my point of view again. There isnt much of an argument when you cannot admit the flaws in your opinion and arnt willing to even consider they could be wrong.

    It really is a lost cause talking with you. Thats why i brought you to this thread. You can explain your opinion to others.

    About the picture: since i am not a noob, i dont have to follow your orders.
    How about this then?

    Toggle Spoiler


    Sig by Smashguy

  9. #49
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    How about this then?

    Toggle Spoiler

    Again that doesnt pertain to me. You do know bitch is female right?



  10. #50
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Seriously? Honestly, who cares? This all comes down to how you define things. I remember in Super Mario Bros. on NES that you could do that one exploit for infinite 1-ups. Is that considered cheating? You were taking advantage of an exploit in the game, but is it really cheating since it was part of the game to begin with? Do people remember cheat codes and what they did? I'm sure we all remember the konami code. Even those cheat codes, you could say, were part of the game. Didn't the devs purposly put cheat codes in games?

    Cheating, to me, is using or abusing of something outside of the confines of normal rules. If you cheat at poker, you're not exploiting something intrinsic, you're going outside the boundaries of the game and breaking rules that aren't meant to be broken.

    Cards is a simple game. There are only cards. games are much more complicated, with cheats and exploits built into the game. Hardly a parallel. And to be fair, people do cheat in card games. With slight of hand (nothing more than quick movements, intelligence, and knowing where to hide a card) they can cheat the system. What do you think counting cards is?

    I considers hacking cheating. Anyone that's platted RDR knows about the Posse Up trophy. I'm wonder if anyone may have been lucky to have gotten it legit, and by legit, I don't mean lobby-hopping and asking people to join your FL so you could get the trophy. I mean you actually joined a lobby and were fortunate enough to have had 7 of your online friends in that lobby (or however many you needed). Often times, boosting is a 'necessary evil'. Anyone who considers it cheating is an idiot...nuff said.
    Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination : she always cheats at cards.

    cheat codes, or other "short cuts" are cheating. The devs put them into games because it makes the game more fun, like a nice easter egg to go find and unlock. Yes it is part of the game, there to be used. But if you do use them, be honest with yourself. Your "gaining" a advantage by using the short cut.

    Its nothing to be ashamed of, and really the gamer community already accepts it as something to do to get the trophy quicker. Your helping your fellow gamers. Your using it when the online is dead or old. Thats fine

    But stop lying to yourself. You took the easy route. You used a cheat.

    a necessary evil? Yes maybe it is. The trophy wont pop other wise. Same with a cheat code that gives you unlimited ammo for a impossible fight.

    A necessary evil. Still a short cut.

    Here is a example: A person is running late to work and to make it in time, they have to cut through a neighbors yard. There is no other route to make it in time but to go from point A to point B (through this yard).

    Is it necessary for them to take the short cut? YES
    Was it still trespassing? YES

    I know you disagree, but why is everyone that considers boosting to be cheating a idiot? We differ with your opinion, but because you explain one possible situation that proves its impossible to be cheating? I feel strongly for my opinion, but i wont go so far as to guess your intelligence level because of your one comment.



  11. #51
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    Adzster5310's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    72
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination : she always cheats at cards.

    cheat codes, or other "short cuts" are cheating. The devs put them into games because it makes the game more fun, like a nice easter egg to go find and unlock. Yes it is part of the game, there to be used. But if you do use them, be honest with yourself. Your "gaining" a advantage by using the short cut.

    Its nothing to be ashamed of, and really the gamer community already accepts it as something to do to get the trophy quicker. Your helping your fellow gamers. Your using it when the online is dead or old. Thats fine

    But stop lying to yourself. You took the easy route. You used a cheat.
    go kill some cereal.

  12. #52
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Again that doesnt pertain to me. You do know bitch is female right?
    95 plats is nothing compared to most hunters out there.. and you deleted your post so

    Toggle Spoiler


    Sig by Smashguy

  13. #53
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination : she always cheats at cards.

    cheat codes, or other "short cuts" are cheating. The devs put them into games because it makes the game more fun, like a nice easter egg to go find and unlock. Yes it is part of the game, there to be used. But if you do use them, be honest with yourself. Your "gaining" a advantage by using the short cut.

    Its nothing to be ashamed of, and really the gamer community already accepts it as something to do to get the trophy quicker. Your helping your fellow gamers. Your using it when the online is dead or old. Thats fine

    But stop lying to yourself. You took the easy route. You used a cheat.
    So, you know how to look up a word in the dictionary? Congrats. :stare: What's your point?

    Also, it's you're* not your.

  14. #54
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    95 plats is nothing compared to most hunters out there..

    Toggle Spoiler

    Oh you missed the mark...
    I am neither little nor am i a bastard child. As you know i am taking your words literally, which dont pertain to me.

    I see your going off topic, so this is kind of getting lame.

    Can you go back to your ranting about how its impossible that anyone would consider the act of boosting to be cheating? Everyone else must be idiots to disagree with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    So, you know how to look up a word in the dictionary? Congrats. :stare: What's your point?

    Also, it's you're* not your.
    Well i was adding to my previous post, but to answer your question:

    Cheating is getting a advantage not given to you from the start of the game. So to go and boost so your friend can let you win, is that unfair advantage or a cheat.

    Any idiot can see that...



  15. #55
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Well i was adding to my previous post, but to answer your question:

    Cheating is getting a advantage not given to you from the start of the game. So to go and boost so your friend can let you win, is that unfair advantage or a cheat.

    Any idiot can see that...
    So, upgrades, for example, are cheats?

  16. #56
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Stop double posting

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Oh you missed the mark...
    I am neither little nor am i a bastard child. As you know i am taking your words literally, which dont pertain to me.

    I see your going off topic, so this is kind of getting lame

    Toggle Spoiler


    Sig by Smashguy

  17. #57
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    So, upgrades, for example, are cheats?
    Hmm see there are specific situations that come up.

    No upgrades arnt cheats. They progress through out the game, so your the same level as your enemy.
    But you also dont get them at the start of the game, you play the game and unlock using exp or fulfilling certain requirements.

    If we are talking about Saints row 3, which you can be invincible and have unlimited ammo, then yes i consider that an in game cheat. Siants row is a free roam game, so its more fun when your done playing to have those "upgrades" on.

    What about the game "where the wild things are". Collecting the collectables gives you cheats like a "collectable radar". Again its in game, but i consider that a cheat

    Nothing is wrong with using these methods to get your trophy. My definition differs from yours. Why does that make me the idiot?
    my opinion doesnt hurt you, and vice versa. So why are we arguing this? Just because you want to prove me wrong, and the same for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Stop double posting



    Toggle Spoiler

    I deleted the other post, because i was in the process of consolidating.

    Was this newest picture to the words "you missed the mark"

    Why dont you liven it up and use some .gifs.



  18. #58
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Again that doesnt pertain to me. You do know bitch is female right?
    Actually, a bitch is a female dog..
    Bitch - A female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I deleted the other post, because i decided to consolidate.

    I have no idea what set of words your newest picture is referring to. Why dont you liven it up and use some .gifs.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Sig by Smashguy

  19. #59
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    BALLZ's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,213
    Reputation
    157


    Sig and Avatar By djunglist

    My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

  20. #60
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Actually, a bitch is a female dog..
    Bitch - A female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.
    Contridiction: You pinpoint that bitch is a female dog by definition. Then go on to correct yourself and add other animal types that also use the term by definition.


    Toggle Spoiler

    lol facepalm. You took my question too literally.

    yes i know bitch refers to female dogs. I said it as a question. "you know its female right?", as in the gender, to make it pertain to me, would mean i would have to be female. Regardless, they all refer to females.

    This is off topic, so i will stop messing around with you for tonight.

    Good night



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO