Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do you think boosting is cheating

This is a discussion on Do you think boosting is cheating within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I kinda do because they just dont meet the requirement with skill like Ex. Get 10.000 kills etc. Ex2. Get ...

Saints Row IV

Do you think boosting is cheating

I kinda do because they just dont meet the requirement with skill like
    Ex. Get 10.000 kills etc.
    Ex2. Get max level etc.

Myself i have met lots of boosters and they always ruin the game
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 4 - Silver

Depends on what the boost is.
    If its just get lots of kills or get max level then I wouldn't say its cheating but it is laziness.
    If its just stupid like wipeout HD's Bling brigade where it is almost impossible to do without then I think its fine.

I have never met boosters in general play though, they tend to do it in private games or try to avoid playing with others where possible

Galaxy beauty pirate

Uh-oh.. I can't wait untill the responses.

On topic: If you still put any effort in the game while boosting (not let the other do all the work), I don't consider it cheating.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Me I don't have a problem with it. I've been helped and have helped others with boosting. Its not like some out there that get all the trophies in a few hours because they hack the game in single player and online. (MW2 & 3) If you don't like playing with people that boost then don't.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think it depends on the trophy really, like Doomlor said, something like bling brigade is something that is practically unobtainable without organising a group of people to do so and i think it's fine to boost, but stuff that is realistically possible like the 8 people in the stadium trophy for burnout paradise shouldn't be

I guess I think boosting kills the meaning of harder multiplayer trophies, but like the example i mentioned above there is a line to draw really. Boosting isn't cheating, just not in the spirit of things

Mr. 70 Plats

Depends on the kind of game. If its boosting kills (looking at you Resistance 2), then hell no!!! If it's boosting XP when the online's almost a ghost town (Crysis 2) then no.

Chocobo Master

There's already a thread about this being done like so many times already. We get it, some people think boosting is ok and some don't. Don't open this up for debate. It won't end well.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Rangers F.C

IMO cheating is a part of gaming , I am old school and before trophies and stuff you looked at in game cheats , so now times have changed as far as on-line gaming and you now have boosting and hacking , if you wanna do it , do it . Hacking does not make sense to me but it does not bother me in any way and boosting makes sense to me and does not bother me either . I think people are missing the point of gaming these days , its about your own personal entertainment and that means do what ever entertains you whether its legit 100% , hacking , boosting , not giving a shit about trophies and so on . People need to stop thinking they are better than people over a stupid collection of platinums however you obtained them .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

No. Cheating requires a cofe for a work around, boosting is doing it legit but the fastast way possible. Thats why its called boost
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

PRO Member

Yes is cheating happy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I dont think they should have online trophies, so no I dont think boosting is cheating. Any online trophy thet depends on other players actions should not be a trophy.
    .The Greatest Danger could be your own Stupidity

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well, if they boost in a game with a dead multiplayer then I don't think it's cheating at all. It's just necessary for the Plat. I would boost the hell out of GTAIV if I had a partner.
    Games shouldn't have insane multiplayer trophies anyway.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    There's already a thread about this being done like so many times already. We get it, some people think boosting is ok and some don't. Don't open this up for debate. It won't end well.
    Searched but no thread like this was found
    I was currious what was the opinion of the community here
    If it gets of limits, i will lock the thread
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

A plat a month!

I've never considered boosting cheating, as it isn't exploiting a known bug to accomplish what may be otherwise difficult.

Exploits I do consider cheating. There is a huge difference.

The Bushiest Pig

Personally, I'm ok with boosting BUT basically to every developers with an MP portion of the game boosting is cheating.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

I'm cool with it. It can be a help when requirements are a bit overzealous like 10,000 kills or something like that. I've never bumped into a group of boosters before, they usually do it more secretly. I'm fine with it if the online is pretty much dead too.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Depends on the kind of game. If its boosting kills (looking at you Resistance 2), then hell no!!! If it's boosting XP when the online's almost a ghost town (Crysis 2) then no.
    I pretty much agree with this. Some games feature ridiculously time-consuming trophies, and not everyone has the time to do these things 'legitimately'. So if you have an opportunity to speed things up or do it with a specific player so that you both get what you need without the risk of random players screwing it up for you, then I'm in favour of boosting. After all, you're not resorting to cheating or hacking - you're simply expediting the trophy process.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    IMO cheating is a part of gaming , I am old school and before trophies and stuff you looked at in game cheats , so now times have changed as far as on-line gaming and you now have boosting and hacking , if you wanna do it , do it . Hacking does not make sense to me but it does not bother me in any way and boosting makes sense to me and does not bother me either . I think people are missing the point of gaming these days , its about your own personal entertainment and that means do what ever entertains you whether its legit 100% , hacking , boosting , not giving a shit about trophies and so on . People need to stop thinking they are better than people over a stupid collection of platinums however you obtained them .
    May as well just close the thread, the head of the nail has been hit with this one.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I personally don't like to boost. I prefer to get the trophy on my own. It gives me a real sense of accomplishment. The only trophy I ever boosted for was Abstergo Employee of the Month in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I didn't even boost for PlayStation All-Stars. But I am thinking about doing it for Crysis 2. But do I think boosting is cheating? Not really. Just beating the system.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    I kinda do because they just dont meet the requirement with skill like
    Ex. Get 10.000 kills etc.
    Ex2. Get max level etc.

Myself i have met lots of boosters and they always ruin the game
    You mention that people who boost don't meet the requirement with skill but yet you provide two examples that have nothing to do with skill. The word you should've used in those examples is dedication. Anybody can get 10,000 kills in Resistance 2 or reach the max level online in any game with online play. You don't need to have a 50-0 Kill/death ratio to achieve this. You just need to have the time and dedication.

A lot of online trophies have ridiculous requirements so I feel that boosting is a valid method of earning them. If developers continue to use trophies/achievements as a cheap way to keep people playing their games, boosting will exist.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast