Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

EA to start shutting down more servers in early 2013

This is a discussion on EA to start shutting down more servers in early 2013 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Does Madden 11 have any online trophies?...

Angel of Death

Does Madden 11 have any online trophies?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Does Madden 11 have any online trophies?
    No it doesn't. So no worries about that

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Thank goodness Burnout Paradise isn't one of them, not only do I need 3 trophies to finally 100% it, but the online is the most fun aspect of the game.
    That and Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor. I checked out Battlefield: Bad Company MP, it still active. Question is how long will that server stay open. I can understand why EA would shut these servers down, it's not like most people would play *insert EA Sports game* 2010 Multiplayer would last 5 years unlike Medal of Honor or Battlefield.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

EA Servers are crap. All that money they have can't they improve them. The amount of times I get kicked out of the server in FIFA 13. It's even more annoying in UT when I lose contracts for it

The One and Only

As long as the NFS servers are still alive, I'm good.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    You're right. I just checked the trophy guide for Madden 11, and there's no online trophies for it. I forgot about that because I got the so long ago.
    Woo! The longer I hold out on getting it the lower it'll drop in price.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't own any of the games on the list, so I'm not worried about anything. The 2 EA games in my collection with online trophies (Spare Parts & Red Alert 3) were both platted ages ago. But still, that's a hell of a lot of servers to be shutting down. If this is the course of action that EA are so intent on pursuing, then they need to either stop making online trophies altogether, or just include a few short and easy ones that don't require countless hours to earn.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Does anyone else see a problem with them shutting down servers that you're forced to either buy a brand new copy or pay extra for the online use? It's bad enough countless people buy cheaper games that say "online enabled" only to find out when they get home that the online features are shut down and they can't even earn a platinum. Not everyone frequents sites like these or is up to date with shut down lists, especially parents and other family buying games for their children.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    What about Army of Two: The 40th Day, Brutal Legends? I think those are the only two games that EA makes that I have. I've started Army of Two: The 40th Day, but not Brutal Legends. I'm currently playing a different EA game but no online trophies for it so I'm good, which is The Sabateur. And I don't play any of the sports games so I'm good there too. Please send me a reply about Army of Two: The 40th Day and Brutal Legends since I don't check here that offten.
    Army of 2: 40th Day is impossible to plat unless you already have the DIY Trophy (the mask creator site is gone)

and I see alot of hate about EA.....now I like to bash them all the same like you guys, but you have to give them thanks for atleast NOTIFYING YOU of upcoming server closures..... Atari, codemasters and a couple of others have shut down servers without any notice....
    WRC 1 & 2, SBK ,08,09, Ghostbusters, Operation Dragon Rising, Overlord, Dirt 2 and a few other games have had thier online servers stopped without any warning whatsoever(Dirt 2's online is fine, but DirtNet is gone so 2 trophies are impossible) and thats just been in the last couple of months.....

Chocobo Master

So the games that servers are closing has been out for 2 years and people expect them to stay open longer? I really don't think it's EA fault if you can't achieve the because of servers being closed. I believe it's certain people fault who decided to keep buying games whenever something new comes out. Seems like people like to buy 5 or 6 games at a time. It's nothing wrong with that but when you have a big backlog of games to play and most of them require you to play online then who fault is it?
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Lancer View Post
    Army of 2: 40th Day is impossible to plat unless you already have the DIY Trophy (the mask creator site is gone)

and I see alot of hate about EA.....now I like to bash them all the same like you guys, but you have to give them thanks for atleast NOTIFYING YOU of upcoming server closures..... Atari, codemasters and a couple of others have shut down servers without any notice....
    WRC 1 & 2, SBK ,08,09, Ghostbusters, Operation Dragon Rising, Overlord, Dirt 2 and a few other games have had thier online servers stopped without any warning whatsoever(Dirt 2's online is fine, but DirtNet is gone so 2 trophies are impossible) and thats just been in the last couple of months.....
    Thanks for the info about Army of Two: The 40th Day, mask trophy and it being impossible to plat. Dam I glad I plated Ghostbusters. What about Overlord 2 I have that game, is that still possible or is it closed two?

Saints Row IV

I still have to platinum Brutal Legend and Army of Two: The 40th Day
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I'm really glad to hear that Double Fine owns the Brutal Legend servers, I feel comfortable about re-platting it now Can't say I'm affected by all the server shutdowns b/c I don't play sports games but I feel for those who are. I don't care for EA much myself but I can understand why they shutdown servers for old games when they have annual installments. Games like those really shouldn't have any online trophies though, it's just a poor business practice to me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Thanks for the info about Army of Two: The 40th Day, mask trophy and it being impossible to plat. Dam I glad I plated Ghostbusters. What about Overlord 2 I have that game, is that still possible or is it closed two?
    Overlord 2's servers are down for good so its now impossible if you don't have the 5 online trophies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

That's the problem itself lies in online tacked on games. Meaning you need to plat em now or pay for it later. Still at least EA and Deep Silver gives you a nice heads up on when their games are being shutdown for good. Yeah it's online tacked on and brings an grim future for when you guy an product that could be useless to plat afterwards still it's better than Atari and others just shutting things down without an notice.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

PRO Member

So is NBA Jam and NBA Jam: On Fire edition the same thing? I have On fire edition and would barely have enough time to get the 2 online trophies cause it takes 8 days lol.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    So is NBA Jam and NBA Jam: On Fire edition the same thing? I have On fire edition and would barely have enough time to get the 2 online trophies cause it takes 8 days lol.
    Thats what Ive been asking lol. I know theyre different games obviously. But they could be on the same servers or something idk. I guess no one knows for sure. Guess well see in a few days...

Lvl 6 - Silver

EA needs to stop with the online trophies since keep shutting down severs.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    So the games that servers are closing has been out for 2 years and people expect them to stay open longer? I really don't think it's EA fault if you can't achieve the because of servers being closed. I believe it's certain people fault who decided to keep buying games whenever something new comes out. Seems like people like to buy 5 or 6 games at a time. It's nothing wrong with that but when you have a big backlog of games to play and most of them require you to play online then who fault is it?

Agreed, if you are serious enough about Platinum hunting then you know the risks of online trophies, whether it be servers expiring or general lack of interest. It's not nice to be online if it's not your thing but then, no one is forcing that on you.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Thats what Ive been asking lol. I know theyre different games obviously. But they could be on the same servers or something idk. I guess no one knows for sure. Guess well see in a few days...
    Just found an article with the answer On fire Edition is gonna stay up. Yea I wasnt sure if they were sharing servers I guess not.

EA Shutting Down Servers For 'The Sims 2,' 'NBA Jam'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast