Question about online servers

This is a discussion on Question about online servers within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was just wondering if someone could explain how the process of how servers are shut down or why they ...

PRO Member

Question about online servers

I was just wondering if someone could explain how the process of how servers are shut down or why they get shut down. I understand the yearly sports games being shut down due to the new season coming out. However, why are some servers shut down for games that have a decent following while others that have dead communities stay open.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Legalize it...

This is a pretty good question. IDK if its because of money or what, because the game show games Ludia makes are completely dead unless you have a friend go on with you. But, people still buy games like Madden, especially when the new one comes out and last years is $20 or less. So IDK why they do it. Probably cause theyre a POS company who doesnt care about their fans...