Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Time for a new WWII shooter

This is a discussion on Time for a new WWII shooter within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I never got around to getting Brothers in Arms but I heard it was pretty good. And yes, the African/Mediterranean/Mid ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I never got around to getting Brothers in Arms but I heard it was pretty good.
    And yes, the African/Mediterranean/Mid East theaters would be cool. The last time I saw that was Medal of Honor: European Assault when they were in Tunisia and in Call of Duty 3 when they invaded Sicily and Italy.
    I kind of grouped those areas into the European theater, and I would love to see those as well.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers F.C

For years the market was full of WWII stuff and got real boring IMO but its not a much used setting anymore on console and I would welcome one , think it would be great if the team behind the Operation Flashpoint games did it , I would but this for sure but if it were a Medal of honor or COD effort I would not be interested .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

-i- love myself.

I wouldn't mind a new WWII shooter, I love games based on that period.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I do agree, kind sir! There's so few on consoles! One of the best for me, HAS to be The Saboteur, I just had toooo much fun on that.
    They need to make WWII game for consoles that makes you want to ! Possibly get a team from a few popular/successful game companies and just collaborate a true masterpiece.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I had a similair conversation with a friend once, I agree that it is time for another WWII shooter. Its been enough time since we have had a top line WWII game and it could sell quite well considering the current market is focusing on more modern to futuristic shooter games. There is certainly room for another WWII game.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

PRO Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by web1017 View Post
    What sucks about these new WW2 games is that they never put the German swastika flag. They put iron cross instead the only games that had it is COD.
    I love the Swastika it is like the Killzone Triad symbol

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Legendary...Nuff Said

In all honesty I think that shooters as a whole need to go away for a while in order to either revamp or to just take a break. Having 4-5 AAA shooters per year is getting boring and tiring, especially when they're all pretty similar to one another.

I want to see more shooters on the market like BioShock. A really good and deep story, expansive environments, multi-tiered gameplay with more than just pew-pew. The gameplay is easily fixed with a creative dev team willing to take a few risks, a good story is written by a quality writer (someone who doesn't fall into every single cliché of a war story ever), etc.

However, it's difficult for me to see all of that existing within a WWII environment. It's been done to shreds, you don't have much wiggle room for taking creative chances with the story.

The time period itself is so much more interesting than just the violence and lives lost. From a political standpoint, it's interesting and the philosophies of Hitler, Churchill, etc could be adapted into a FPS that actually takes chances. (Ex: Andrew Ryan shared the same objectivist philosophy as Ayn Rand.) Granted, we've seen parallels to this already with Killzone, but frankly those games are pieces of turd in terms of story.

Basically, give me a legitimately good story in a shooter and I'm happy - a legitimately good story can't exist in a WWII FPS.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Crocodile Hunter

I am not bashing on your thread and this is just my opinion.

In Australia at school when you go to a history class all it is, is about WW1 and 2 from year 6 to 12. 6 fucking years of the same shit over and over. . now i understand that it was an important part in history, it changed the world to how it is blah blah but who cares really cares about it now, i had to listen to that shit for years. its the same over and over and happened over 70 years ago. time to move on and forget about it honestly. how about you teach us about other countries wars or anything . there is more than just WW1 and 2.

Like i said you might enjoy WW games but society has been talking about the same shit for years and its time to move on from it

Sig by Apokolypz

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post

In Australia at school when you go to a history class all it is, is about WW1 and 2 from year 6 to 12. 6 fucking years of the same shit over and over. . now i understand that it was an important part in history, it changed the world to how it is blah blah but who cares really cares about it now, i had to listen to that shit for years. its the same over and over and happened over 70 years ago. time to move on and forget about it honestly. how about you teach us about other countries wars or anything . there is more than just WW1 and 2.

Like i said you might enjoy WW games but society has been talking about the same shit for years and its time to move on from it
    Off-topic: Forgetting about WWI and more importantly WWII would be catastrophic. Imagine if everyone forgot about it, we could have the same mistakes and problems happen again. History repeats itself, but not if we stay vigilant and knowledgable.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't know if this has been mentioned but there was a World at War that came out for the PS2 around the same time as the PS3 version. I haven't played it myself but by looking at it, it looks like its got a different campaign and seems to be SP only. You might want to look into that if you haven't already.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would love to see a true sequel to Brothers in Arms, instead they start developing some cel-shaded spin off bullshit called Furious Four that shares no similarities other than having Brothers in Arms in the title. Brothers in Arms is easily my favorite WW2 game series and I would love to see it eventually move to the Pacific theatre or maybe into a different war like Vietnam

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I would love to go through the D-Day landings in all the current gens graphics. CoD 2 was great, and I'm sure they could improve some what

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post

To be fair though, does Australia even have a history outside world wars and British settlement? Australia has only been Australia for about 100 years

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Gotham's Reckoning

Would definitely like to see some more WWII, Vietnam and Gulf War games. Tbh a WWI game wouldn't be good really cause most if not all the action during WWI took place in the trenches so the whole game would just be shooting out from the trench and running across to the enemies trenches and that would get boring almost immediately.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster_Death View Post
    ...EPIC.
    While it makes no mention of the Pacific theater, it's still something and can still be added later perhaps.
    Even better, it makes no mention of multiplayer, which tells me the focus will finally be on the campaign for once.
    Their is a Multiplayer mode on the menu buddy... but I agree with you even though I love new shooters and play them all a ton... I would love a throwback which is a much need and Enemy Front is most certainly on my list of first day buys.

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    To be fair though, does Australia even have a history outside world wars and British settlement? Australia has only been Australia for about 100 years
    Australia isnt the only country in the world, we dnt need to learn about WW for 6 years is what im saying.There is other stuff to learn out there that is just as important. Hell we could even learn about America, they dnt teach us a thing in 12 years of schooling about any other countries history. Our school curriculum is just shit

Sig by Apokolypz

Harvester of Souls

I definitely second and agree with the OP. . I want a new World War II shooter or something. lol.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hey AC3, you forgetting about all the people who died so we could have the world as it is today? Who's to say if the Germans had won that they wouldn't have gone on to Australia and wiped your family and others out, there in your own country too? You could very well not exist, just as people here and my friend in England may not have too.. so before you start crying your eyes out that your country has a shit agenda when it comes to History and education, why don't you make a point to your education board instead of disrespecting the millions of people who died?

I actually thought you were going to say something half decent and then you followed it up with blah blah blah, be grateful you didn't have to hide in a bomb shelter for 6 years wondering if your house had been bombed when you walked home afterwards, be grateful the only guns and bombs and that kind of violence you see is within your own control and at your discretion.

Statements like who cares, it was 70 years ago etc, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, if people forget the same mistakes could easily be made today, with even more dire consequences, in future you might want to think before you start typing, the facts are the history taught in schools here in England sucks too, there's also years of focus on WW2 but that's because it's important to the countries and the people of the countries who fought in it to give us what we have today!
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would love to see a new WWII shooter but as you say, one with a good story and in a different theatre of war to the usual D-Day and Normandy scenarios. Going to North Africa, or the Eastern Front or to India would be really good. And on the current gen or next gen consoles the graphics would be truly magnificent! Watching a T34 blow up or a bunker get flamethrowered!

A WWI game ive discussed with someone before and the only two ideas we came up with were one set before the descendent into trench warfare but it would be difficult to pull off and the other idea was a flying game which by all accounts would be insane. Dogfights in biplanes, shooting down zeppelins, chasing downed aircrews!

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound403
    I would love to see a true sequel to Brothers in Arms, instead they start developing some cel-shaded spin off bullshit called Furious Four that shares no similarities other than having Brothers in Arms in the title. Brothers in Arms is easily my favorite WW2 game series and I would love to see it eventually move to the Pacific theatre or maybe into a different war like Vietnam
    Think this helps but I think it is now changing direction now, as ALOT of people didn't like the use of the Brothers in Arms name for a piece 'o shit like that, so it no longer bears the BiA name and could possibly mean a new, proper BiA game instead!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm glad to see that so many people want something like this, I feel less crazy and demanding now. WWII was definitely an important time in history and I'd like to see a return. Someone on here said it would be nice to see a break from FPS games and I actually agree with that. I feel an incredible WWII game would be a great way to put a stop to the flow of all the FPS that come out each year.
    That same person said that they can't see legitimately good story happening with a WWII game. I disagree. It's all in the creativity of the story writer. Anything can be spun into a good story, and WWII has so much to offer to create a legitimately good story. One with engaging missions, emotional connections with the characters both AI and controllable, tie ins of actual footage from WWII (MoH European Assault did a great job with that) and all in all a real and legitimate want to play the game.
    I feel at this point in current technology, so much can be done to make you feel like a part of the fight more than ever while experiencing one of the best WWII story lines of gaming history. There's a way, there just needs to be a will.

And Ac3, I'm truly sorry you feel that way. But bear in mind that pretty much every country has history curricula that goes over WWII multiple times throughout schooling. Why? It's important. It truly is. Seventy+ years ago doesn't matter and for the exact reason that I've seen two people say already. History repeats itself and something like WWII has the potential of repeating itself right now in the world. History is history for a reason. That reason is it contains so much that we can learn from. What went wrong? What went right? Learning about it shapes the future and I think you need to realize that.
    Sure, you might not have learned much about other countries. So little, in fact, you don't remember any of it. I can say the same for myself. I remember learning about more than WWII in history class year after year, but what really sticks is the WWII and I feel that's pretty important. But I still know and remember things that I learned about other nations throughout time that I was taught because it, too, was important. You just need to appreciate what history has to offer us, otherwise in 70 years kids will be taught something far more devastating that came from us not being mindful of history.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12