Need a Nice Shooter Game

This is a discussion on Need a Nice Shooter Game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i want a first or third person shooter game, please recomend me some games. pd: for example if you tell ...

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Need a Nice Shooter Game

i want a first or third person shooter game, please recomend me some games.

pd: for example if you tell me to buy BLABLA 3, can you tell me if i need to play BLABLA 1 and BLABLA 2 Before

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Duke Nukem Forever
    Rage (just picked it up today..AMAZING!!)
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Can't see your list of games so not quite sure what you've already played.....

The Call Of Duty series gets a lot of flack for the immature rejects on multiplayer, but if you play the campaign on Modern Warfare 1 & 2 it will gear you up for 3 which comes out in November. MW2 also has Spec-Ops mode which is a lot of fun to play with a friend (though most can be played solo as well).

The Battlefield series also has a lot of fans (have not personally played them myself but will get around to it eventually). Battlefield 3 looks good, that comes out Oct. 25. In the meantime, there is Battlefield : Bad Company and Bad Company 2 to keep you busy.

RAGE (as techoverride mentioned above) is garnering good feedback, just came out today in the States.

Red Dead Redemption is not a "shooter" in the traditional sense, but it is a fantastic game with a lot to do, the Game Of The Year Edition (which includes all the awesome DLC) comes out early November, I believe.

I've heard good things about Aliens VS Predator and Bulletstorm, two games which I own but have not yet played so I can't whole-heartedly recommend them but they fit the criteria.

If you have a PS2, you should play Black. It has a pretty decent story and destructible environments, and actually pretty good graphically for a last gen game.

There are a lot more out there, but that's enough of my long winded post.....

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

thanks a lot! and dont worry i dont have a shooter game, so you can recomend me every shooter that you found nice.

the more close to a shooter i have is Uncharted 1 and 2 and SH: Homecoming ahaha, but i wanna start in the shooters for some reason.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I found Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to be really fun to play, and it gets me prepared for Battlefield 3 scheduled out this October 25th. You may want to play Battlefield: Bad Company before playing Bad Company 2 as it continues the storyline of the protagonist, but I'm pretty sure Battlefield 3 has a storyline unrelated to the Bad Company spin-off series of the Battlefield franchise. The multiplayer requires teamwork and strategy to be successful and is quite enjoyable to play.
    Call of Duty 4 was also another great shooter. I recommend playing this game as it was hands down the best COD to date. I somewhat recommend playing COD: Modern Warfare 2 as well just to continue the storyline in preparation for the release of MW3 this November. The multiplayer can be very addicting yet at the same time be ruined by the exploits found by the community and their abuse of the game.
    I guess Uncharted 3 is already on your radar as you seem to have played the first two games. I've played the beta for this game and I recommend this 3rd person shooter, for both its story and multiplayer.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    i want a first or third person shooter game, please recomend me some games.

pd: for example if you tell me to buy BLABLA 3, can you tell me if i need to play BLABLA 1 and BLABLA 2 Before
    Im afraid your out of luck because the shooter games are scarce in modern gaming!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Also forgot to mention 2 Sony exclusives: the Resistance series and Killzone series. I have played all of the Resistance series and recommend them (3 just came out so will be expensive, but you can get 1 & 2 for pretty cheap). I have not played the Killzone series (believe the first is on PS2 and 2 & 3 are on PS3), but I have heard good things so that is probably a safe bet too.
    F.E.A.R. also has good reviews. It is a shooter with some horror elements, if you are into that kind of thing. I played the first one but not 2 or 3, which recently came out.
    Keep in mind, if you are trophy hunting, that the first Resistance game (Resistance: Fall Of Man) does not have trophy support, nor does the first F.E.A.R. game.
    Resistance 2 and F.E.A.R. 2 are considered to be pretty difficult platinums due to online multiplayer requirements (very high kill totals, etc.) so also keep that in mind if you are a completionist.
    Good luck and happy hunting!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Im afraid your out of luck because the shooter games are scarce in modern gaming!
    Oh you snarky Brits. lol.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

I suppose the Killzone, Battlefield and the Call Of Duty series are a good start

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'd recommend getting Call of Duty 4. It has an awesome story and awesome MP. Definite game that needs to be added to your collection
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 4 - Silver

Want something different?
    Try Vanquish, it's freakin awesome.

PRO Member

Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the best Sniper game around. I found that quite alot of fun. Distance, rain, wind, gravity etc all have an effect on the bullet, so you've got to be clever when taking the shot
    Online mode is fun aswel.

As everyone else has said, COD series and Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2. But play Bad Company in order, because you know the characters.

Killzone 2 & 3 are awesome too. I couldn't really remember the 2nd one and the 3rd gives you enough of a prologue to get the jist of things.

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

ok so i think in resistance series, killzone series, battlefield series and rage.

cant decide.

pd: Nice Shakuga no Shana sig. killermachine