New PS3 Problem

This is a discussion on New PS3 Problem within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I have gotten a new PS3 . My problem is that I can't download any games or online passes ...

Buy my book, Alteration

New PS3 Problem

So I have gotten a new PS3 . My problem is that I can't download any games or online passes I did on my old or redeem any type of code. The problem is apparently that 2 PS3s already have access to my stuff.

I forgot to deactivate my old one before trading it in, is that a factor? And my friend's PS3 has my account on it too. Will deleting it there free me up? Any help is appreciated.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

DON'T BLINK

yes. there is a website you can deactivate your systems from. that will solve your problem

https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...m/login.action

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    yes. there is a website you can deactivate your systems from. that will solve your problem
    That's awesome. Is it the official PS site? Can you link me?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    That's awesome. Is it the official PS site? Can you link me?
    It is official, I also edited my post with the link

The only sucky part is that they don't really tell what system is what, so one of the ones you deactivate could be the one on your friend's system.

Kiwi Defender

Dude, deactivating your acc on your PS3 if you're getting rid of it is a no-brainer! Why did you not do it? And Koimia's link is the one you need, just open it in a new tab/window, log-in and deactivate the acc from both PS3s (just to be safe you deactivate it from the one you traded).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'd like to know what this website is so I can remove a 'friend' and for when I'm going to have to buy another PS3 as I think mine is on it's way out!
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Can someone repost the link please? I couldn't see it?

Lvl 4 - Silver

It's cool I got it, thanks dude rep coming your way

Lvl 7 - Gold

This is all I get when i try to deactivate my PS3 and whatever other PS3 is listed there. I only have 1 so I have no idea why there are 2 listed there:

[top]How to Deactivate a PlayStation®3 System

[top]Deactivate a PlayStation®3 System

Some types of media that are available in PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of systems per account. The number of systems that can be used depends on the type of media. You manage access by activating and deactivating systems from your PlayStation®Network account. You may also wish to deactivate your system if you plan on giving it to someone else or if you need to send it in for service. If you are not on the system or cannot see the XMB™ menu you will not be able to deactivate the system.

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.
    1. On the XMB™ menu, go to PlayStation®Network and sign in to your PlayStation®Network account.
    2. Go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3™ System.
    3. Select the type of content you no longer want your PS3™ system to use.
    4. Highlight [Deactivate System] and press the X button. Your system is now deactivated.
    5. Highlight [OK] and press the X button.
    For more information or assistance, please visit PlayStation® Support.

If you guys are getting something different, please tell me how to do this properly.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    This is all I get when i try to deactivate my PS3 and whatever other PS3 is listed there. I only have 1 so I have no idea why there are 2 listed there:

[top]How to Deactivate a PlayStation®3 System

[top]Deactivate a PlayStation®3 System

Some types of media that are available in PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of systems per account. The number of systems that can be used depends on the type of media. You manage access by activating and deactivating systems from your PlayStation®Network account. You may also wish to deactivate your system if you plan on giving it to someone else or if you need to send it in for service. If you are not on the system or cannot see the XMB™ menu you will not be able to deactivate the system.

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.
    1. On the XMB™ menu, go to PlayStation®Network and sign in to your PlayStation®Network account.
    2. Go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3™ System.
    3. Select the type of content you no longer want your PS3™ system to use.
    4. Highlight [Deactivate System] and press the X button. Your system is now deactivated.
    5. Highlight [OK] and press the X button.
    For more information or assistance, please visit PlayStation® Support.

If you guys are getting something different, please tell me how to do this properly.

Check your inbox for instructions

Buy my book, Alteration

Thanks guys, it's all working now.

Sig by DaRe