Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PlayStation Network Store Idea...

This is a discussion on PlayStation Network Store Idea... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i know sony has that 1 hour trial with some games and it's good but it's not long enough and ...

I make lego out of you!

PlayStation Network Store Idea...

i know sony has that 1 hour trial with some games and it's good but it's not long enough and the trophy's don't sync to the server until you buy the full version... but wouldn't it be cool if sony would allow us to rent the games from the store for 48 hours for as little as £$ 3.99 each plus allow us to sync the trophy's after the 48 hours are up! is this a great idea or what?

tell us all what you think! by posting...

Last edited by ROBO3AG13; 01-06-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Update
    Making plat cards

All out of bubblegum.....

I would think the bandwidth of downloading would cut into the play time to be honest. Also, would hackers/piraters be able to steal the game after downloading it? just thinking out loud. I'd probably be more than willing to try it to be honest. I think Gamefly has a monopoly on this type of thing though, from what I hear from people that use it.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

The One and Only

I like this idea, but I think a week for maybe $10-$15 would be a better bet.

However, the free games you get from PS+ is kinda like renting, as long as you have + you can play the game unless you make a separate purchase of the game.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony implement some type of rental system in the next gen since they'll have a block to stop all pre-owned games from being played. I fully expect a Sony owned monopoly on the rental market.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

That's a great idea but I think PS+ is like renting games from sony. On top of that you're paying a 3 months or a year subscription fee for PS+.

Saints Row IV

Yeah renting games for a very cheap price on the store
    BRILLIANT IDEA
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Yeah renting games for a very cheap price on the store
    BRILLIANT IDEA
    i got the idea from blockbuster
    Making plat cards

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    That's a great idea but I think PS+ is like renting games from sony. On top of that you're paying a 3 months or a year subscription fee for PS+.
    yeah but not much are going for free though the best ones need to be purchased or 1 trial my idea was to change that and go with the rental option...
    Making plat cards

Buy my book, Alteration

Interesting idea, not the first time someone's spoken about this. Having PS Plus is like renting games though: you have Plus, you get to play them free. Your idea is good, but from the business side, it's best if it's only 60 minutes so you have enough of a taste to want more, enough to buy the full thing. A lot can be done in 48 hours. I dunno, I guess I'm just not feeling it. You can always pay that much at real-life rental places for less memory take-up and for more days.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Interesting idea, not the first time someone's spoken about this. Having PS Plus is like renting games though: you have Plus, you get to play them free. Your idea is good, but from the business side, it's best if it's only 60 minutes so you have enough of a taste to want more, enough to buy the full thing. A lot can be done in 48 hours. I dunno, I guess I'm just not feeling it. You can always pay that much at real-life rental places for less memory take-up and for more days.
    It could be like iTunes where you rent movies. Once you activate the game you then have 48 or 72 hours to play it as much as you want. It would also be beneficial to Sony and developers who are losing out money to Gamefly and such... and it will save you a trip to your rental store too
    Making plat cards

Venire, Videre, Vince

I bet this idea has been pitched to Sony before? There will always be further updates to the PS Store and maybe this could take off, I do not know if MS X-Box has a similar plan but it might prompt Sony to keep up with the trends in market! Kind of like when McDonalds has a $1 hamburger all the competition follows suit!...........Hope you having a blast in RDR!

Compadre (mate) you a fan of Portsmouth F.C.?

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Español

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm sure the SCE has approached this topic at some point before. I'm not sure if they've decided it wasn't worth whatever investment it took or if there's another limitation, but I like the idea a lot. It's definitely another way they can not only offer value to the customer, but also extract some of the profits that get hawked by other rental services and pre-owned games sales at Best Buy and GameStop.

I don't think $4 for 2 days is worth it, though. And for them, I don't think 48 hours of played time is worth as little as $4. I bet a normal monthly subscription service (outside of PS+ or a PS+ w/ rental service like Netflix has) would be a better idea. They could even undercut prices of the other services by eliminating overhead of warehouses, shipping, etc.

Latest Platinum: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV)
    Next Platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Twitter: @JEWombat

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    I bet this idea has been pitched to Sony before? There will always be further updates to the PS Store and maybe this could take off, I do not know if MS X-Box has a similar plan but it might prompt Sony to keep up with the trends in market! Kind of like when McDonalds has a $1 hamburger all the competition follows suit!...........Hope you having a blast in RDR!

Compadre (mate) you a fan of Portsmouth F.C.?

not really into football/soccer... for the game part it's great i love it id say more but i don't want to go off topic
    Making plat cards

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaIsJustin View Post
    I'm sure the SCE has approached this topic at some point before. I'm not sure if they've decided it wasn't worth whatever investment it took or if there's another limitation, but I like the idea a lot. It's definitely another way they can not only offer value to the customer, but also extract some of the profits that get hawked by other rental services and pre-owned games sales at Best Buy and GameStop.

I don't think $4 for 2 days is worth it, though. And for them, I don't think 48 hours of played time is worth as little as $4. I bet a normal monthly subscription service (outside of PS+ or a PS+ w/ rental service like Netflix has) would be a better idea. They could even undercut prices of the other services by eliminating overhead of warehouses, shipping, etc.
    ok, but over here in the united kingdom the rentals in blockbuster cost £3.99 so i think for you guys in the us it should be $6/10 if they did go with this idea
    Making plat cards

Rangers F.C

Just join Lovefilm , I get 3 disks at a time and can swap them as many times as I want for £12 plus there are Vita games and Blu-ray and 3D movies as well . I have not bought a game for months and wish I had done this sooner .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

I make lego out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Just join Lovefilm , I get 3 disks at a time and can swap them as many times as I want for £12 plus there are Vita games and Blu-ray and 3D movies as well . I have not bought a game for months and wish I had done this sooner .
    love film/Netflix do not allow you download games to your console instead they make you wait for your rented game to come though the post... there vision is to stream/download movies to portable hardware like the vita/PS3 for example not games
    Making plat cards

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    ok, but over here in the united kingdom the rentals in blockbuster cost £3.99 so i think for you guys in the us it should be $6/10 if they did go with this idea
    For 2 days?! That's robbery. Any price point they would use would have to start with Gamefly, as it's the biggest competition in the game rental arena (in the States, at least.)

I make lego out of you!

For 2 days?! That's robbery. Any price point they would use would have to start with Gamefly, as it's the biggest competition in the game rental arena (in the States, at least.)
    maybe... i don't know how your currency works! but i know £3.99 is a good price for uk rentals
    Making plat cards

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    maybe... i don't know how your currency works! but i know £3.99 is a good price for uk rentals
    The exchance rate is roughly 1.6x GBP/1 USD. Basically, a Gamefly subscription is 11 GBP for the entire month. That's why I think that's a bit steep, but it may just be a EU/UK thing to charge more, for whatever reason.

I make lego out of you!

The exchance rate is roughly 1.6x GBP/1 USD. Basically, a Gamefly subscription is 11 GBP for the entire month. That's why I think that's a bit steep, but it may just be a EU/UK thing to charge more, for whatever reason.
    3.99 for a game rental seems about rite for uk... maybe $8.99/12.99 for US
    Making plat cards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast