Question about PS+

This is a discussion on Question about PS+ within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know if you get a PS+ Subscription Card in a store you don't need a credit card to make ...

PRO Member

Question about PS+

I know if you get a PS+ Subscription Card in a store you don't need a credit card to make it work, but if you buy a normal 50$ card and you then buy in the Store a PS+ Subscription, do you need one?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Around a year ago, I was able to buy it with just a PSN card.

I was previously a member and I think bought it on a credit card the first time, but did not have one on file. My membership had also expired, so I was buying a brand new membership.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Thing is I don't wanna spend 50$ on a card and find out after I buy a pass that I need one, can anyone confirm this?

Plats-O'-War!!

Yes, you CAN buy it with a PSN card. You don't need a debit card as you can turn off the auto-renew option on your PS3. I can personally confirm this as I renewed my PS+ subscription with a $50 PSN card. Go for it!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Yes, you CAN buy it with a PSN card. You don't need a debit card as you can turn off the auto-renew option on your PS3. I can personally confirm this as I renewed my PS+ subscription with a $50 PSN card. Go for it!!!
    ^ what he said i've renewed my plus with a psn card so i can confirm this as well

Legalize it...

If you know for sure it works with a PS+ card, and are unsure if it works with a $50 card, why not just buy a PS+ card so you know it works?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta91 View Post
    ^ what he said i've renewed my plus with a psn card so i can confirm this as well
    So you didn't need one in any part of the purchase process right? Thanks for the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    If you know for sure it works with a PS+ card, and are unsure if it works with a $50 card, why not just buy a PS+ card so you know it works?
    Because with a 50$ card I have more than 10$ extra, which is what I need for a game. If I bought a PS+ card I'd also have to get a 20$ card

♚ Overlord ♔

Glad you solved your problem. I'm a little curious what are you buying with PS+ the last couple of weeks of sales have been kinda Meh

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    Glad you solved your problem. I'm a little curious what are you buying with PS+ the last couple of weeks of sales have been kinda Meh
    Costume Quest. It's not new but I've been wanting to get it for a while now

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    So you didn't need one in any part of the purchase process right? Thanks for the replies guys
    That's correct come to think of it, i've never used my debit card for the playstation store

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Because with a 50$ card I have more than 10$ extra, which is what I need for a game. If I bought a PS+ card I'd also have to get a 20$ card
    Ahh I see.