Games with good AI help

This is a discussion on Games with good AI help within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am currently playing through the original Killzone. It dawned on me that my AI partners, as well as the ...

PRO Member

Games with good AI help

I am currently playing through the original Killzone. It dawned on me that my AI partners, as well as the units/soldiers that are around the game do a really good job of helping me kill the Helghast as opposed to games like COD where it seems the AI just stand around hopelessly wondering what will happen to them after the game is done. Anyone else find that the AI has really helped them in their games?
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

illegal in 9 countries

The Henchmen / Hero AI in Guild Wars can be spectacular, far outstripping any human performance with God-like casting ability. On the flipside - depending on the skillbar, the same AI can be horrendously bad, resulting in a bunch of bots standing there with their dicks in their hands (metaphorically speaking).

As far as PS3 games go, I've always liked Unreal Tournament 3's bot AI. They tend to follow team commands and feel organic with their pathfinding through levels. It's also positively lethal at higher difficulty levels.

Other games like Counter-Strike: GO have bots that behave erratically and can be found jumping up and down in a corner, in and out of windows, spinning on the spot or bouncing on the top of ladders. Valve's had a good decade to clean up the AI code and it's still not up to par.

PRO Member

Sheva in Resident Evil 5 helped me a lot of times, if you were alone in that game it'd be really hard

Lvl 6 - Silver

Far Cry 3 the friendly AI are pretty good, ive sometimes captured outposts without killing anyone or firing a shot due to a jeep pulling up with a LMG and laying waste to the camp.

Going back abit aswell I think the friendly AI in Crysis 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and I personally thought the friendly AI in Skyrim weren't that bad, just a tad erratic.

But yeah CoD AI are only useful for ammo as sometimes they seem to infinitely respawn next to you and get mown down, letting you fill up on resupplies.

Lvl 9 - Gold

In Lord of the Rings: War in the North even though the AI is kinda dumb it will always revive you or help you when you're in trouble. Other than that it can't die and doesn't attack enemies, but it's a helpful healer sometimes.
    Other than that and the few lucky parts where Sheva helped me in RE5 I can't think of good friendly AI.
    Though if you play Modnation Racers or Demon's/Dark Souls you'll find the AI is really good but will do anything NOT to let you win.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

I must say Sheva as well since u can use her items as u please

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think Mw2 did quite a good job, it's like the only game in the series where you realy feel you're fighting with a team, and not some idiots who sit behind you all the time waiting till you make the move...

take WaW (which I'm playing) for example: You as one tiny soldier who gets the job to push the frontline forward all on your own on vet, while your unkillable friends just wait and when they do follow always seem to forget to kill the enemies who stay behind, it gave me rage A LOT

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can't see how people say Sheva of RE5. I thought she was the dumbest AI I've ever had the displeasure of working with. She was more Artificial Unintelligence. Until I gave her a gun with infinite ammo, all she did was waste ammo and get in my line of fire. I'd have rather played by myself. The only thing she was good for was a pack mule and revive (though many of the times I needed a revive were because of her getting in my way in the first place).

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE