Crysis 4 might not be a first person shooter? 0_o

This is a discussion on Crysis 4 might not be a first person shooter? 0_o within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by http://news.softpedia.com Crytek producer Michael Elliot Read has told Dusty Cartridge that there's still a lot of life ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Crysis 4 might not be a first person shooter? 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by http://news.softpedia.com
    Crytek producer Michael Elliot Read has told Dusty Cartridge that there's still a lot of life left in the franchise and that in the future the studio won't limit itself to making just shooters.

"You know, I think at this point I don't want to give anything away," Read said. "But I think the Crysis franchise itself has life left in it. Whether it's in a different game type format, whether it's expanding upon this, it's hard to say. That's going to be up to the designers at the end of the day. "

According to Read, Crysis was built as a trilogy and Crytek has taken great care to preserve it and not make any dramatic changes.

"Crysis was always intended to be a trilogy and I think that over that time we've built a really cool universe. We haven't really gone in and said 'Hey let's put Nano suits and clown suits and stuff and completely violate and sell our IP.'

"We've done a fairly good job at maintaining that, so I think in terms of the universe, we have a lot more life left in that to go back and try some unique stuff. Whether it's FPS or not I have no idea, but there's definitely a future in the franchise."

Crytek is definitely exploring other genres, what with its successful Warface free-to-play shooter or with the upcoming Ryse first-person brawler.
    I checked if this was already posted up on the forums and couldn't see anything but correct me if I am wrong.

What's your opinion on this? :S

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think there's not enough genres they can move Crysis out to, I mean, What other genres can really Crysis move to and be an success ? I think they are realizing that the gaming industry isnt ust first person shooters and I'll be waiting for Crysis 4 with huge hopes, still we gotta see what they have done with Crysis 3.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Break from gaming

all this talk about Crysis might not be an fps has me wondering what happened to the Battlefield RTS? they(DICE) were making one right? I didn't just dream it

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    all this talk about Crysis might not be an fps has me wondering what happened to the Battlefield RTS? they(DICE) were making one right? I didn't just dream it
    Maybe they saw how shitty Halo Wars turned out and they decided to save their money?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    I think there's not enough genres they can move Crysis out to, I mean, What other genres can really Crysis move to and be an success ? I think they are realizing that the gaming industry isnt ust first person shooters and I'll be waiting for Crysis 4 with huge hopes, still we gotta see what they have done with Crysis 3.
    This is my thinking. Need to see how Crysis 3 does. They had said Crysis was to be a trilogy so if they go in a different direction, it makes sense. Differentiating between the original trilogy and what they do next isn't a bad idea

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm still wondering as to what other genres they could use though :S I cant think of any at the moment that would go well with a Crysis game other than FPS :S

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think it could have potential as a 3rd-person action game that retains elements of the previous games. Including co-op and competitive modes or squad-based combat would maintain ties to the current games, while perhaps taking notes from the online modes of Uncharted or Assassin's Creed or whatever. It'd be a big departure from the series as it stands now, but I can somewhat visualize it now.

Lvl 4 - Silver

third person shooter maybe or a action adventure type of Crysis like uncharted.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Angel of Death

Let's see Crysis 3 before jumping to Crysis 4... lol A game like Uncharted or Assassin's Creed would be pretty cool though.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    It would still be in the same genre, they are talking about Crysis universe expanding and because of that they think they can explore new genres inside Crysis universe, the transition from 1st Person Shooter to 3rd person shooter would be nothing, If they want to surprise us they should restart it all, Kill the protagonist in Crysis 3 and develop a new adventure away from earth, maybe in the space. Although making a new IP would be better, CryTek has the tecnology and the engine to develop better IP's.

Although, I wish to see the day Crysis becomes an Sand World adventure, that would be epic, at least for me.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    I can't picture Crysis being like Uncharted.

Anyways, really want to see how this will end up.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Deathless Destroyer

Seeing as CryTek owns one of the most powerful tech engines in the world, it wouldn't be too hard for them to breach off the current "aliens try to take over earth" game genre.