Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Am I done with videogames?

This is a discussion on Am I done with videogames? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Do you have any actual friends that play games? not psn friends, but people over at your house to play ...

PRO Member

Do you have any actual friends that play games? not psn friends, but people over at your house to play some coop or something. That to me is funner than most games... Pretty much goes back to the old days of gaming where you just love kicking the shit of one of your friends or teaming up with them to take down some dictator in a foreign country.

Take a break, you might not ever come back to gaming bud... I've seen it happen more than once my friend.

Enjoy your day, hope you stay gaming
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnZero68 View Post
    hello everyone! recently I felt something really shocking: Not having pleasure playing videogames! About two months ago, I start feeling a lost of interest on getting trophies (at that time I was working on Final Fantasy XIII and Red Dead Redemption plats) I was SO decided to get them! but, suddenly, the interest on that goal started to decrease.

The worst part came to me about a week ago: I got Mortal Kombat (Kollector's Edition, BTW) and started playing it. Awesome game! but started to feel no fun at all. "Damn, I didn't like it" I thought, and began playing something else. The sensation didn't change at all!

I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 28 years old, dentist. Maybe the magic is gone for me... Or could it be something temporary? Any of you have felt something similar at any moment?
    sounds like getting plats in games has become more of a work than fun for you
    in all honesty i kinda feel that way
    i just plat games i really like
    and wont bother playin unless im really bored
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hit up a vacation...go to iceland...i wouldnt give up tho

Lvl 7 - Gold

I've had this happen to me, I would always force myself to at least try to play for a little bit, I would turn on my Playstation, go get a snack and drink...and I came back wondering "Why did I turn on my Playstation?"

The best thing to do is, take a break. I did, actually took a 23 day break of video games. I am now refreshed, not to the point to get more platinums, but am enjoying games in general again. I played Bioshock ALL day and I'm almost done with it, loving every minute of it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Take maybe a couple of days without playing games, just relax for a bit. After that try a different genre of games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I get the same thing however I try and set myself a 2hour limit at a time..and play for a bit..then watch tv or sleep..however if i break up my gaming in 2 - 3 hour chunks at a time..I dont feel as fatigued. Switch the games up every now and then! Hopefully you will come back to gaming =)
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnZero68 View Post
    mmmmm...thanks for your suggestions! they all seem to be pretty logical. No more trophies, no more games for about two weeks or so an we'll see. Thank you very much
    i think your biggest problem is trying to obtain two platinums at the same time. both of which are grind fests. your probably burnt out from all the grinding games including gta4. take a little break or just go back to your gaming roots. when that happens to me i throw madden or mlb in my console (cant get enough of sports games) and thats all it takes. play a genre of a game that got you into gaming and just enjoy it.

Dominate!

Hardcore!!!

I don't know what to say since everyone says the same thing: Take a Break from gaming. Anyway, here is a video of a Modification of Doom that one could try and after some rest.

Toggle Spoiler

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

PRO Member

Well my friend I am 38 years old and video games in one form or another have been a part of my life since I can honestly remember. I played Space Invaders at the arcade when it was a hit, anyways games have come and gone during different periods of my life, there were many times that I never played for some years the last console I had before my PS3 was in 2002 2003 with the XBox and after that for 04-10 there were no games at all, it depends but if your not enjoying them put it to the side for awhile, eventually youll come back and if not then your right.

The One and Only

you sound a bit like me right now, getting a bit bored of games as of lately, but i think it's from playing it alot at a short time. I know for sure I'm worn out a bit from trophy hunting because of the trophy rush i was in last summer.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Try getting puzzle or strategy games to calm your mind or something

Toggle Spoiler

An old-fashioned cowboy

Just take a break from gaming. It happens to me from time to time. I'm currently going through one of these phases myself the past 2 days. Do other stuff eventually your interest in gaming will return with time.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If you're only playing games for numbers on a card with designs (trophies) then of course it's going to start sounding more like work than fun.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Like many have said take a brake from hunting and play a game that you love that you dont need trophies. Or just hang out with friends and stuff like that.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm so shocked because this is the very first time in my gaming life that something like this happen! I started exactly 20 years ago when Atari 2600 was dying. Then NES, SNES after that, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP nowadays... Maybe trophy hunting became a "work" like u guys said. I remember I used to criticize MMORPGS like Lineage or World of Warcraft because those games don't have a "goal" itself: pick a character, develop to its fullest, and then what? Start over! (That is just my opinion, please MMORPG fans don't get mad at me). I used to be an enthusiast of trophy hunting, but now I feel about them like MMORPGS: Grind loads of games, get its trophies...and then what? Do we really get something for our hard hours of work for get these plats? Sure, some kind of reward and a feeling of personal accomplishment, but that sensation feels worn for me now

I hope my temporary retirement works. I love videogames, they have been my hobby, my pleasure, a great way to make new friends! My real life friends are worried because they don't want to see me retired...
    Last edited by SkinnZero68; 10-05-2011 at 09:23 AM.

PRO Mimbur

Most of us have had these feelings. Especially after grinding games and I hear FF XIII is one of the worse. The best thing to do is take a break. I took 2 weeks off at one point and my gaming urges came back. You have to get your mind ready for Batman AC and Uncharted 3. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This happens to me time to time, something it happens with a specific game. Where I kinda have to force myself to play it. Last time I had gaming fatigue was a year ago.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Never to late to lose hope, hey you might even find in the future that you like games again!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

take a break and later come back, everyone has periods of highs and lows

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 8 - Gold

Nah, you just need a break. We've all felt that way at times... I almost feel out of it now since I have COD WAW and LHP from Gamefly and I barely have any motivation to plat them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast