Fighting Game Suggestions

This is a discussion on Fighting Game Suggestions within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi there everyone, I was talking with my wife the other day about how we barely ever play games together ...

> Restart Button <

Fighting Game Suggestions

Hi there everyone,

I was talking with my wife the other day about how we barely ever play games together and she said I need a good fighting game. She's played other things but shes right. We had a fighting game for the PS2 that we would play a lot, Capcom VS. SNK 2 but thats outdated and I don't have it anymore anyway. It's really fun because we're pretty even in skill when it comes to fighting games.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is what a good fighting game is like nowadays. I'm not bad at them but I'm definetly not the best. I don't really play them anymore and I want to know from everyone here a good suggestion. I looked at Mortal Kombat and I always loved those as a kid but I'm still not sure. I absolutley hated Marvel VS. Capcom 3 for whatever reason. I think the reason we loved Capcom VS. SNK 2 so much was its fast paced play. I know most fighting games are tough to get the for but I would still want to try as hard as it may be.

All in all, I'm just looking for a good fighting game. Any suggestions guys?

Thakns so much.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Dull Ember

Platinum have a new fighter out called Anarchy Reigns maybe you could try that.

Lvl 5 - Silver

PRO Member

You might want to try SF X Tekken, really good game to play with friends and also has a lot of characters.

Another one is Blazblue Continuum Sift Extend.

Both are not hard to platinum, actually really easy compared to most fighting games so you won't hate the trophies. Although SF X Tekken is a grind, but not a difficult platinum.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

CVS2 is actually scheduled for release on the NA PSN "sometime this year", according to Capcom's Senior Vice President, Christian Svensson. No news yet as to whether it'll be a PS2 Classic or an HD remaster, but it is coming.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Definitely check out my thread I linked to just above, it has a lot of recommendations from people

PS- don't let DRAGON fool you, any game is easy to him! lmao Just check out his Trophy Lists... oi vei XD
    Last edited by SoS-kryyptyyk; 01-09-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Just because.

PRO Member

I'll say TTT2 nice game and will keep u playing till plat since is fun and easy

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Definitely check out my thread I linked to just above, it has a lot of recommendations from people

PS- don't let DRAGON fool you, any game is easy to him! lmao Just check out his Trophy Lists... oi vei XD
    lol no the ones I mentioned really are easy, maybe a few tough trophies for some though.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Yeah and after platinum, tag fighting games are the shit.

Sig by Smashguy

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    Platinum have a new fighter out called Anarchy Reigns maybe you could try that.
    Looks cool but I don't think my wife would like that kind of game. Thank you still.

LOL fail on my part, looking over it soon. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    You might want to try SF X Tekken, really good game to play with friends and also has a lot of characters.

Another one is Blazblue Continuum Sift Extend.

Both are not hard to platinum, actually really easy compared to most fighting games so you won't hate the trophies. Although SF X Tekken is a grind, but not a difficult platinum.
    I will check those out today. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    CVS2 is actually scheduled for release on the NA PSN "sometime this year", according to Capcom's Senior Vice President, Christian Svensson. No news yet as to whether it'll be a PS2 Classic or an HD remaster, but it is coming.
    Well that would be cool. Worst case scenario I can just grab that if it comes and I know she'll like it.

LOL Yeah, some people are masta's at these types of games and they definetly deserve some credit. I'm pretty good at fighting games, so I'm not entirely worried about the trophies but I'm no combo master, so I will check out everything before I decide.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Sounds good. I haven't played Tekken (on a console) for a long time but I loved them as a kid. Maybe she'd like that too.

IDK I was talking to her last night and it sounds like she wants Mortal Kombat. Ya know, she wants to beat me up with my own arms and make me bleed and stuff like that. I'm still going to check all these others before I go and grab it as I want options.

Thank you everybody for helping and sorry I didn't find that other thread from before.

Deathless Destroyer

Street Fighter IV. It's a very fun game but I have such a huge backlog of games to completely finish that I don't have time for it ATM.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 4 - Silver

TTT2

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Street Fighter IV. It's a very fun game but I have such a huge backlog of games to completely finish that I don't have time for it ATM.
    At this point it's between Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter IV and I think both she will enjoy. I just need to go to the store and pick one. Again thanks for the help.

PRO Member

Then i ll say MK definitely fun and brutal will keep u playing it 4 a long time

Deathless Destroyer

Choose Mortal Kombat if you're going to like the whole "FINISH HIM" thing at the end of the match. Choose SFIV if you're all for the funny moves and sounds. HADDOOKKIINN...RATAA RATAAA BOOOOOM!!!
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

> Restart Button <

Well thats what I'm giving my wife as a choice tonight.

Do you want slow, methodical fighting styles with blood, guts, gore, and a dark setting? - Mortal Kombat

OR

Do you want fast paced, combo action with da goofy stuff? - SFIV

It's up to her because I'm down for either. She's played with both series in a way before so IDK what she'll want.

PRO Member

I vote SFIV

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I vote SFIV