Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ps4 - e3 reveal summer 2013

This is a discussion on Ps4 - e3 reveal summer 2013 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE There is no chance it will be that price , $400 is only 250 and the ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    There is no chance it will be that price , $400 is only 250 and the Vita launched at that price in the UK .
    That is right but the UK tends to get an upped price of the normal conversion rate due to tax and shipping costs.
    Or though the Wi-Fi Vita launched at 230, In the US it launched at $250 (3G version follows the same pattern, 280 or $300).
    If the PS4 does launch at $400 then it would probably be between 350 and 380.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i still say 2014
    i personally would be content with even a year or two after that

only reason i say this is because i have nowhere near the amount of money available for this yet, and if rumors are true about the full backwards compatibility...if i don't get it before it gets crushed out again, i am screwed
    -----
    and the nickname Orbis reminds me of that one futuristic picture they had of the PS4 a few years ago, the one with the orb and the clear holographic (?) screen...that one's my favorite

i hope they do that one, or something similar, cuz if i see that ugly orange and gray piece of crap after knowing of this masterpiece i'm gonna cry
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am speculating that the PS4 should come out this year. Just with the way Sony have been through some tough times lately, as well as the PSN hacking, and the Steambox being shown off recently... Sony need this. Also, with Apple and their crazy profitable app store, Sony can't afford another year resting their hopes on the PS3 - they need something fresh, something that can pick up the slack in console gaming innovation.

Adding to the fact that 4k, 3D, online media streaming (like Netflix), and even cloud storage and gaming seem to be the future, this would be the perfect time to come in and monopolise the gaming console and home media centre markets.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Glad the rumours of the 7k series amd GPUs seem to be wrong would be a stupid move to release it with anything that old already in the ps4.

Celestial Pedo'

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    There is no chance it will be that price , $400 is only 250 and the Vita launched at that price in the UK .
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    the PS3 launched at like $1000 here in Australia.
    It launched at 425 €599 in EU. Still, no price can be put on something that hasn't been developed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingsam96 View Post
    As long as sony keeps releasing games for ps3 I will be fine, because I just got my ps3 4 years ago. The ps2 lasted over 10 years so I think the ps3 should be able to keep going for that long.
    It's more the developers decision if games are being made and released, Sony only provide the licence for it to be on their console.

As far as the PS4 details go so far, the hardware upgrades are unnecessary. The PS3 has great hardware specifications for the game engines out there and I don't see it going outdated within the next two years at least. Let's for example say the PS4 is backward compatible and you play GTA IV on it, you will see no improvement from playing it on a PS3. Why? Because the PS3 does not use all it's CPU to run the game and nothing about graphic enhancement has been confirmed which leads me to believe it is one specification that will not be changing between consoles. I will be purchasing the PS4 on release day so I'm not trying to insult it, just the only major changes you will actually be seeing in regards to information so far will be the console look and the PlayStation software/OS.
    However, information given so far is little and vague - Things could change and everything I said could be contradicted.
    Last edited by TheAlphaQuadrant; 01-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlphaQuadrant View Post
    As far as the PS4 details go so far, the hardware upgrades are unnecessary.
    the hardware was already outdated one year after it came out.

Celestial Pedo'

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the hardware was already outdated one year after it came out.
    Not really, it has the equivalent of a medium powered gaming PC. (I can give a spec list if you don't know what one may be built of)
    The only thing wrong and outdated with the PS3 is the graphics since it can not run a game in 1080p natively and doesn't have the greatest of graphic cache.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlphaQuadrant View Post
    Not really, it has the equivalent of a medium powered gaming PC. (I can give a spec list if you don't know what one may be built of)
    actually it's the lowest spec gaming pc you can get right now.

The Tegra 4 tablet chip has more power than it.

you can get a $300-500 computer that would destroy it right now.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36...t-gaming-under

not to mention

Celestial Pedo'

I never said it was more powerful than a PC graphics wise... And I can tell from that response you don't know much about computer engineering.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123