Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ps4 - e3 reveal summer 2013

This is a discussion on Ps4 - e3 reveal summer 2013 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Apologies for my rushed copy and paste job but just found this, I know it goes against previous in that ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ps4 - e3 reveal summer 2013

Apologies for my rushed copy and paste job but just found this, I know it goes against previous in that usually it's another year + that the console actually comes out, but a reveal and release the same year would be awesome!!

The PlayStation 4 will be revealed at E3 this summer and released during the fourth quarter of 2013, according to a report.

VGleaks, dubbed the WikiLeaks of the gaming industry, claims to have seen the 'roadmap' for Sony's new console, which is said to have entered development in June 2011.

Sony

Sony

The PS4 is believed to be in the works under the code name of 'Orbis' and is rumoured to be powered by a quad-core AMD APU Solution processor with an AMD 8000 series GPU and between 2 and 4GB of GDDR5.

Other reports claim it will be capable of displaying games in 4K resolution, support Blu-ray and ship at an "affordable" price.
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Referred to as Orbis, the PS3 successor will support Blu-ray, will not be built in Japan, and will be "very affordable, but no slouch".

It will be powered by something similar to AMD's A10 Accelerated Processing Unit, which will enable the machine to run 1080p games at 60fps in 3D with "no problem".

The machine will ship with a 256Gb hard drive "as standard", and feature similar connectivity and HDMI input/outputs to the PS3.

Sony will, however, revamp the user-interface, allowing users to seamlessly transport in and out of games by pressing the PS button.

DLC, for example, can be purchased mid-game and played instantly upon returning from the store.

System and title updates, meanwhile, will be delivered as background downloads, although users will have the option to disable this function in the settings screen.

The current development kits are said to resemble modified PCs, with improved kits likely to ship in January.

PRO Member

I think it is actually being revealed at some Sony event in February, but all of the facts seem right. I like the idea of buying dlc mid-game. I wonder why it is a 256Gb hard drive and not just 250Gb???

Sig by Bladia

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I think it is actually being revealed at some Sony event in February, but all of the facts seem right. I like the idea of buying dlc mid-game. I wonder why it is a 256Gb hard drive and not just 250Gb???
    Yeah thats what I read a couple of weeks ago.

I can't wait to see how this console is going to look and play out. Hopefully it will release around Christmas time, because I know for a fact Santa will be bringing me one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I didn't get the 256gb HDD either, I think the not being made in Japan is a bit dodgy myself though.... made in Poland perhaps? lol

Lvl 8 - Gold

Q4 2013 launch? Not likely. Xbox seem more likely to be revealing their console this year but not Sony.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname View Post
    I didn't get the 256gb HDD either, I think the not being made in Japan is a bit dodgy myself though.... made in Poland perhaps? lol
    Maybe 6GB are for the system software and in the end you will have only 250GB LOL

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    Maybe 6GB are for the system software and in the end you will have only 250GB LOL
    That was my initial thought but then I thought 6gb seems a bit low when I think the PS3 one is much bigger? I could be wrong though...

Breakfast and Chill

Maybe we'll see support for possible larger (physical) size HDDs/SSD's.

PRO Member

Can't wait to see how it looks like. I'd be surprised if it was released this year, 2014 would be my guess

Up the Irons!

To be honest, I don't see it releasing this year.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    The event is called "Destination Playstation" and it is being held in Scottsdale, Arizona from the 25th -28.
    i read that Sony will use this event to announce new Vita titles.

Rangers F.C

The guy in my games shop says he has been hearing a lot of rumblings from inside the industry that Sony will not let Microsoft get the same head start this time round , so this all sounds like it could be a face off between the two , I would like to see them both release at the same time , I think we are going to be in for a real treat this time and I am going to keep an open mind and buy whichever one is the best , I really don't want to but them both this time around .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm not ready for a PS4 yet. PS3 has more life left

Rangers F.C

I want one now lol , the PS3 is a workhorse and will more than eclipse anything the PS2 done but its time for change , the Orbis or whatever will probably be an absolute beast and with the new game engines that have been made it will be amazing to see what they can do now , the PS3 has served us all well but the arrival of a new console does not mean the end to it , if like I have heard a thousand times on this site " I am fine with my PS3 for at least a couple more years " well you can batter in , I will be getting the thing on day one , I honestly think its been too long already lol .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I gotta agree with some people here that the console won't be released this year, i mean PS3 has still so many good years to have.

I'm not saying that the games doesn't have to develop further but i think it's too early for a PS4. And they say an affordable price hm??

Lvl 2 - Bronze

just to get the heads up M$ hope thier not rushing n screw everthing p and have to wait 4 a orbis slim

Platinum Procrastinator

I don't care if the PS4 doesn't come out for another few years as I still have plenty of games to hold me over until then. However, I know that Sony are trying to avoid the same mistake they made with the PS3 by releasing it a year after the 360. They don't want to spend the consoles whole life cycle playing catchup with the 720 this time so I think its a smart move.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Announce it so the PS3 will go on sale!!!!!!!! Mine is biting the dust and could use another one at a discount

Lvl 2 - Bronze

*throws money at screen*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast