Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How long do you wait til giving up on a plat?

This is a discussion on How long do you wait til giving up on a plat? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Usually I try not to wait TOO long before earning the plat. That said, however, the GTA IV platinum has ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Usually I try not to wait TOO long before earning the plat. That said, however, the GTA IV platinum has been more than 3 years in the making so far, and there's still a fair way to go yet, thanks to the Wanted grind!

Some games will just never be platted, and I accept that (SFIV, SSFIV, MotorstormR), so I just move on from them and go after something else that's more likely to be within my reach. I'll still play them from time to time, but any thoughts of scoring the plat have long since been banished.

Breakfast and Chill

Until it literally becomes impossible to plat. Ie. server closure or no patch for a glitched trophy.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Until it literally becomes impossible to plat. Ie. server closure or no patch for a glitched trophy.
    This is when I'll give up as well, then I'll just complete as much of it as possible.

PRO Member

I never 'give up' just move on for a really long time until i decide if i want to go for the platinum or not like what i just did with L.A. Noire lolol

PRO Member

Not sure if I ever give up if the games worth it I'll do it if the games worth it but I have to see the same ending over and over I'll come back to it and if I don't enjoy it or have no intention of playing the multiplayer then I couldn't be bothered..so really there's no giving up it just depends on enjoyment for me.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    This right here. I've stopped playing a lot of games in the past but that doesn't mean I'll never return to them. Right now I have very little time to use my PS3, so when I actually do turn it on. I try to concentrate on earning trophies for older games before the servers close.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12