Possibly making new PSN Account - What should I work on from first - last?

This is a discussion on Possibly making new PSN Account - What should I work on from first - last? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm thinking of creating a new account as the name of my current one was from poor imagination, partly because ...

Deathless Destroyer

Possibly making new PSN Account - What should I work on from first - last?

I'm thinking of creating a new account as the name of my current one was from poor imagination, partly because I made it shortly after my original PS3 died after almost 6 years, and also so that I can possibly start my YouTube "career" - possibly dependent on whether or not I buy a headset (I already own a high quality 1080p video card).

I decided to post a thread here so that I could get a community-based list on what I should work on first-to-last and will work on them one by one based on how many votes each one gets. I'll give free reputation to all who give me helpful responses.

Out of my 19 PS3 games, 13 games have trophies, which I'll list below.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Crysis 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    FIFA 2010: World Cup
    FIFA 2012
    F1 2011
    Gran Turismo 5
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Prototype
    Resistance 2
    Street Fighter IV
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

You should probably focus on the MP-heavy games first, and get those trophies out of the way as soon as you can. Resistance 2, for example - the Co-Op online is still fairly active I believe, and you should fly through that if you join matches with a good squad, but you'll definitely have to boost the 10,000 kills. Crysis 2; I'd also suggest you find a boosting group to level up to rank 50. Most of C2's online trophies could be done on your own, but levelling up will go much faster if you boost it.

Uncharted 2 has just 2 online trophies, and you could have both of them within half an hour, and if you substituted Street Fighter IV for Super Street Fighter IV, the online trophies may be easier to get through, as regular SFIV's online is pretty much a ghost town now.

So, I guess I'd recommend Resistance 2 first, since it's such a hefty online grind, then follow it up with Crysis 2.

Deathless Destroyer

So right now the poll is at..

Resistance 2 - 1st
    Crysis 2 - 2nd
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

illegal in 9 countries

I like your current PSN name and personally wouldn't change it.

As for the games and your new ID, approach it with some thought - do you want a muck-around account with little regard for the games that appear on your trophy card, or do you want a 100% completionist account?

You're unlikely to get the for GT5, Resistance 2, Street Fighter IV and maybe Prototype without significant effort, and FIFA World Cup's servers are now closed, so consider not adding them to the new account, depending on your objective.

As far as YouTube "careers" go...there's already a million and one trophy / achievement related videos online and you're not going to make an impression unless you dedicate a tonne of time to it, like PowerPyx. That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but do it for yourself first and foremost.

I upload YT videos for personal things like Platinums popping, game bugs & oddities, accessory reviews / comparisons, or for how to approach a particular trophy eg a boss battle. It's more or less a personal journal with some trophy tips for mates sprinkled on top.

You're not that far into your existing PSN id so it's easy enough to change, but I reckon you should keep it. Have fun making your YT videos

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I like your current PSN name and personally wouldn't change it.

As for the games and your new ID, approach it with some thought - do you want a muck-around account with little regard about games appear on your trophy card, or do you want a 100% completionist account?

You're unlikely to get the for GT5, Resistance 2, Street Fighter IV and maybe Prototype without significant effort, and FIFA World Cup's servers are now closed, so consider not adding them to the new account, depending on your objective.

As far as YouTube "careers" go...there's already a million and one trophy / achievement related videos online and you're not going to make an impression unless you dedicate significant time and effort to it, like PowerPyx. I upload YT videos for personal things like Platinums popping, game bugs & oddities, accessory reviews / comparisons, or for how to approach a particular trophy eg a boss battle.

You're not that far into your existing PSN id so it's easy enough to change, but I reckon you should keep it. Have fun making your YT videos
    You've mentioned that I'd be unlikely to plat GT5, R2, SFIV and Prototype, though you haven't actually given any idea on what I should approach from first to last. My new account will be intended to achieve as much as I can achieve (a bit completion-ey), so it would be good if you could give me some idea on what I should approach first.

To help you out a bit, I'm quite experienced at shooters, racing games, sport games and a few RPG's (to name a few), but am a bit weak (in my opinion compared to the others) at games like Street Fighter, at least for the present.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    You've mentioned that I'd be unlikely to plat GT5, R2, SFIV and Prototype, though you haven't actually given any idea on what I should approach from first to last. My new account will be intended to achieve as much as I can achieve (a bit completion-ey), so it would be good if you could give me some idea on what I should approach first.

To help you out a bit, I'm quite experienced at shooters, racing games, sport games and a few RPG's (to name a few), but am a bit weak (in my opinion compared to the others) at games like Street Fighter, at least for the present.
    I'm not a hand-holder, you can figure that out on your own.

My advice is at a higher level than "Which game should I play?". It's more along the lines of "How should I play?". When you start thinking about completionist profiles and YouTube careers, you're turning it into a job and putting unnecessary pressure on yourself to perform.

Just play what you enjoy playing, record what you think would be interesting to yourself and/or others and most of all, do it for fun.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well i am not counting the games that servers are closed, if you are aiming for 100%, then you shouldn't put those on your accounts.

I would say start with:

Resistance 2
    Crysis 2
    NFS HP
    MW3
    Street Fighter
    Uncharted 2

the rest you can take your time with, especially GT5

Good luck, i would never make a new account though.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

Play what you enjoy playing depending on you gaming goals. If you're going for 100%, then get the MP heavy games out of the way. If you're going for fun, doesn't matter and play them shits til the sun goes down.

Just play what you enjoy playing, record what you think would be interesting to yourself and/or others and most of all, do it for fun.
    Perfect advice. /thread closed

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

I wanted a 100% account, the last thing I thought of doing was making another account.

I had on my list before I got into trophies

Mirror's Edge
    Dante's Inferno
    SF4
    SSF4
    NGS2
    MW2
    Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    Dead Space
    X-Men: Wolverine
    Sega Mega Drive Collection
    Tekken 6
    Batman:AA
    Bayonetta
    Prince of Persia
    Prototype
    MK vs DC Universe
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I remember seeing eburk's plat list and was amazed he had completed all of his games, and I wanted that. People lol'd at me for saying I would
    get 100% in all my games, especially since I had those hard plats to do. At first I just said it but then started going for it and I did it eventually

I think you should try it too, you'll enjoy it like I did

Edit: I see you have unplattable games, make a new account

Sig by Smashguy

Angel of Death

I think FIFA 2010 is un-Plattable, maybe even FIFA 2012.

If I had those on my list, I'd start with Crysis 2, and get that out of the way. Then I'd go with Resistance 2, that way you can get rid of those annoying MP trophies. I'd go for the easier ones after that, so MW2 then MW3. After that I would finish Uncharted 2. I'd start on the harder ones then, specifically Prototype because it's shorter than the other dificult ones. I'd finish it off with Gran Turismo 5, then Street Fighter IV. Both take a long time, and both are ridiculously difficult, SFIV being the more difficult. The other games I didn't include is either because 1) I don't have knowledge of what the trophy lists are, or 2) the game does not interest me, so I don't want to be biased.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Edit: I see you have unplattable games, make a new account
    He hasn't played them on his current PSN account, so no need

Platinum Procrastinator

I'd recommend playing an online game in Crysis 2 to start working towards the Dedication trophy right away. Then I'd probably either continue with the rest of the online trophies for Crysis 2 or start the online trophies for Resistance 2. Get them done and then you don't have to worry about everything else so much.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

He hasn't played them on his current PSN account, so no need
    lol I thought the games he listed were on his account.

Sig by Smashguy

Deathless Destroyer

So Crysis 2 and Resistance 2 first, and work on games like GT5, SFIV, etc later?

Right now I'm thinking of doing:

1. Crysis 2
    2. Resistance 2

MW2 and MW3 are a tied 3rd as they are both very easy and I platinum'd MW3 on my last account I used on my fat 60GB. Anyone got any ideas for the ones after?

Negator

Do FIFA 10 first, followed by GT5, SF4, R2 and C2.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Do FIFA 10 first, followed by GT5, SF4, R2 and C2.
    I say SF4 first, then the ones Helyx i said.

Sig by Smashguy

Deathless Destroyer

I was thinking of doing:1. Crysis 22. Resistance 23. Deus Ex HR4. Uncharted 25. GT56. Call of Duty MW2I'm unsure of what to work on afterwards.