Killing Day is apparently being resurrected, You know that Old 2005 PS3 Exclusive?

This is a discussion on Killing Day is apparently being resurrected, You know that Old 2005 PS3 Exclusive? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ubisoft renews 'Killing Day' trademark, its 2 - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games ...

INTJ

Killing Day is apparently being resurrected, You know that Old 2005 PS3 Exclusive?

Ubisoft renews 'Killing Day' trademark, its 2 - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

Ubisoft has renewed its trademark for "Killing Day," a game it first announced way back in 2005. The game was first announced at Sony's E3 press conference, as one of the front-liners for the then-upcoming PlayStation 3. It was to be a first-person shooter with destructible environments, but all we've seen of it is a single trailer.

PlayStation Lifestyle (via Eurogamer) reports that the registration application was filed on January 4, 2013. The trademark was first registered back in May of 2009, with no end product in sight so far, so this could just be Ubisoft holding onto its trademark. However, as I Am Alive has proven, Ubisoft very rarely lets a project die, even if it goes missing for years.

Here's the trailer shown in 2005 at Sony's E3 Confrence.

-i- love myself.

Wow it actually looks pretty awesome! Never even knew this game existed.

The only sane person here

Nice name for a game title.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Screw the destructible environments, the gunplay looks great! Fluid, adaptive, and entirely unique, it could make for an interesting and fresh take on the FPS genre.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Please happen, please happen, please happen.

I would most probably pre-order this on day 1.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I remember that in all the pre-launch chatter, shame it's been left on the shelf so long, looked interesting. Wasn't the only one, good four or five early titles never saw the light of day.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Wow, 2005 feels like ages ago.

I remember being pretty interested by that trailer back then. Looks rough now though, even as a concept or a tech demo. It's such an odd trailer: the shooting sequence looks like it could be in-engine, but there's no way it's actual gameplay.

However, as I Am Alive has proven, Ubisoft very rarely lets a project die, even if it goes missing for years.
    Not a very comforting comparison...

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!