Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Disney Infinity (officially) announced

This is a discussion on Disney Infinity (officially) announced within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Denaratuck Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts only not as interesting. ^ This so far i'm not really ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts only not as interesting.
    ^ This

so far i'm not really sold on this but i won't mind seeing more on it

INTJ

about marvel/star wars ips, they haven't decided yet

Disney Infinity developer says Star Wars, Marvel characters under discussion, but not*decided | Polygon

and the prices for everything are now out

US Prices:

Here's the deal with Disney Infinity's price and versions - Destructoid

Starter Pack (3 figures, reader base, and game): $74.99
    Play Set Pack (basically a level hub and campaign, think DLC): $34.99
    Disney Infinity Figure: $12.99
    Figure 3-Pack: $29.99
    Power Disc Pack (blind purchases): $4.99

Disney Infinity video game costs more than an iPad Mini - Infinity base and characters sold separately | Mail Online

UK Prices:

Amazon Starter Packs

PS3 - 65.65

Nintendo Wii - 54.99

Nintendo Wii U - 69.99

Nintendo 3DS - 47.36

Xbox 360 - 60.13

Individual characters - 14.99

GAME Starter Packs

PS3 - 64.99

Nintendo Wii - 64.99

Nintendo Wii U - 54.99

Nintendo 3DS - 54.99

Xbox 360 - 64.99

Individual characters - 12.99

Toys R Us Starter Packs

All platforms - 49.99

Individual characters - 12.99

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    What classic character would you add? Cinderella? Sleeping Beauty? Alice? Oh, I know! How about the seven Dwarves from Snow White? Maybe if you count the 90s movies as classics (I personally don't), it'd work, since that'd include the likes of Peter Pan and Lion King, but most of the actual classic Disney movies are princess movies that lack a character that could be used for a game like this.
    Let's define disney classic, shall we?
    A Disney classic is the movie series entitling original Disney IP's. On many boxes of Disney DVD you will find a golden square with a number in it. That's the chronological Disney Classic number. We have now 52 orignal Disney Classics... ranging from Snow White to Wreck-It-Ralph (yes, even the god awful Home on the Range)... Which just makes the exclusion of the Disney Classics worse. I was worried because it would leave out cool characters and scenery from the game, like The Lion King, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Mulan, Tarzan... even Bolt could be somewhat interesting in this context. The thing I'm worried about is there are no real Disney IP's... only things that's really "licensed" by Disney. With that said I do like the inclusion of Nightmare Before Christmas.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Let's define disney classic, shall we?
    A Disney classic is the movie series entitling original Disney IP's. On many boxes of Disney DVD you will find a golden square with a number in it. That's the chronological Disney Classic number. We have now 52 orignal Disney Classics... ranging from Snow White to Wreck-It-Ralph (yes, even the god awful Home on the Range)... Which just makes the exclusion of the Disney Classics worse. I was worried because it would leave out cool characters and scenery from the game, like The Lion King, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Mulan, Tarzan... even Bolt could be somewhat interesting in this context. The thing I'm worried about is there are no real Disney IP's... only things that's really "licensed" by Disney. With that said I do like the inclusion of Nightmare Before Christmas.

uh all the stuff in this is made by Disney.

Pixar is part of the disney family, so is pirates of the carribean.

There was a Cinderella vehicle ridden by davy jones, Syndrome was riding a Dumbo vehicle, and Buzz lightyear had a Lilo & Stich Surfboard.

theres alot of Disney IP's here.

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    uh all the stuff in this is made by Disney.

Pixar is part of the disney family, so is pirates of the carribean.

There was a Cinderella vehicle ridden by davy jones, Syndrome was riding a Dumbo vehicle, and Buzz lightyear had a Lilo & Stich Surfboard.

theres alot of Disney IP's here.
    Yeah, but not directly through the Disney Animation Studio... who defined Disney... you know what I mean.

And those are small things. I sincerely hope that it doesn't keep being that way in later trailers.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Yeah, but not directly through the Disney Animation Studio... who defined Disney... you know what I mean.

And those are small things. I sincerely hope that it doesn't keep being that way in later trailers.
    I'd personally prefer it was limited to the Pixar stuff. Not only to keep it relevant to this generation of young kids (my 3 year old son wouldn't know Mickey Mouse from Donald Duck), but to mitigate the damage to my hip pocket.

Reading the Destructoid post from PS360, it looks like the mounts will be separate toys, so Dumbo, Lilo & Stitch etc will probably not be playable characters.

We might see core toons like Mickey, Donald, Goofy etc as expansion packs (Skylanders releases new toys as "series"), but I don't see the appeal for younger gamers.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12