PS3 Resolution TV Problem

This is a discussion on PS3 Resolution TV Problem within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So my current TV has broken or something (no picture will show whatsoever, even for games. Audio works perfectly though), ...

Buy my book, Alteration

PS3 Resolution TV Problem

So my current TV has broken or something (no picture will show whatsoever, even for games. Audio works perfectly though), so for the time being, we're using my mom's smaller TV. However, hooking up the PS3 to it isn't working. I plug it into the TV (a 32" Sylvania if it helps), HDMI cable too, and it says "Resolution mismatch, change the resolution on the device". And when I remove the HDMI cable, the PS3 isn't on any channel. Can someone here help. or do I have to tough it out until we get a new TV?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

RPG Master

Is your new television at a lower native resolution? If you go from a 1080p to a 720p HDTV without changing the resolution on the ps3 it won't show the picture.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    Is your new television at a lower native resolution? If you go from a 1080p to a 720p HDTV without changing the resolution on the ps3 it won't show the picture.
    I'm not sure what the resolution on my "new" TV is, but that sounds like a probable cause. Can I adjust the native resolution of the TV so it aligns with the PS3's?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

If you hold the power button down and keep it pressed for a while it should (I think) beep 2-3 times and that will reset your PS3 to the original factory settings and that may work.

Venire, Videre, Vince

You say your PS3 is not in any channel? Do you not press the game button for input on the remote controller for the sylvania tv?

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

RPG Master

If you do the power button reset look up the proper number of beeps. IF you hold it too long it may reset your entire system (I think)
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies