Ran into a rather perplexing issue :/

This is a discussion on Ran into a rather perplexing issue :/ within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; OK, so this past week has been somewhat frustrating. I was playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution this past weekend. Monday ...

Du wirst geil

Ran into a rather perplexing issue :/

OK, so this past week has been somewhat frustrating. I was playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution this past weekend. Monday comes along and I go to boot it up. It get's to the "Press Start" screen, I press start. A few seconds later, it freezes and the music just loops, like a CD would if it were scratched. I turn the PS3 off but it doesn't completely "turn off", it just beeps 3 times and the power indicator light flashes.

Now here's the interesting part: It only does this with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. And not just my original copy. You see, I went to GS yesterday and purchased a second copy, thinking maybe mine had bit the dust. Low and behold, it still does it, even after multiple attempts. I even went through all my options of figuring out what it could be making the game do this i.e., deleting game/save data. Still no love.

Has anyone encountered this problem with this particular game or any game whatsoever? I'm really frustrated and upset since I really enjoy this game.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Buy my book, Alteration

That's strange. I've never heard of this happening before. It's possible your data is corrupted, but that's the best I can do.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Chocobo Master

Have you tried blowing on the disc and using a t-shirt to wipe it off? Try getting some can air to blow out any dust inside your PS3.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Your PS3 could be allergic to Deus Ex, maybe your only option could be getting it digital?

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Venire, Videre, Vince

Do you use a vertical stand for your PS3?

Maybe the game is not being read by the laser properly, also is your PS3 near any vents or ducts that blow air near it?

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

RPG Master

There is one of two possible solutions.

1. Your PS3 is going bad - Unlikely since you said it only affects Dues Ex
    2. The game disk itself is bad - Most likely the problem. If cleaning off the disk to make sure there isn't dust or dirt on it the best solution you can do is buy or rent a new game.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Du wirst geil

I actually cleaned my PS3 last week, taking my vacuum hose to the vents. I even used an actual laser cleaner disk. And I already stated I tried deleting the game data and save data. The only option I could consider is buying it digital but there's no guarantee that'll work. Thanks for the help guys.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.