Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 116

Update psn maintenance

This is a discussion on Update psn maintenance within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hmm, I haven't been at all affected by the maintenance. But wait, wouldn't it be over now if it was ...

  1. #61
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Hmm, I haven't been at all affected by the maintenance.

    But wait, wouldn't it be over now if it was supposed to end at 6:30pm GMT, or i my time zone (PST), 10:30am? I heard some friends are still affected by it.


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  2. #62
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Oxymoron28's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    26

    It's gonna be down till tomorrow morning now, at least that's what they said on their Twitter.

    2 days without black ops 2, dunno how I'm gonna cope without constantly being reminded I suck at that game by some 12 year old kid



  3. #63
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14
    Reputation
    0

    My son is playing Cod MP in his bedroom whilst I cant get on line in the living room how random is that. I get the PSN maintainance message. Nevermind got other stuff to do anyway, lol.

  4. #64
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Harrogate, England, UK
    Posts
    204
    Reputation
    4

    For anyone who hasn't got the time to read the thread the PSN is down until sometime of the morning of Saturday 19th, that is the latest information at hand, yes some people can get online and play, but most people can't
    Because Trophies are amazing...

  5. #65
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    STRANGEgenius's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    STRAYA ****
    Posts
    777
    Reputation
    17

    my brother can sign in thru the PS3, but i can't sign in with my account through my Vita. lol

    Guess its time to start Uncharted GA crushing.


    Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

  6. #66
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Killermachine252's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Academy City, Japan
    Posts
    403
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    Yea "dude" lol Dj, Peachy, Broken, Jack recently posted. I can go on with a umtenth number. I can see my friends list just fine...wait..... yup a shitload of ppl online. Just saying
    Actually he's right, not everyone can play online like how you make it out to be

    We are currently performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Network from January 17-19th. This maintenance is scheduled to end around 2:00am PDT (5:00am Eastern) Saturday Jaunary 19th.

    During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states “Sony Entertainment Network is undergoing maintenance” when attempting to access the PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, or PlayStation Home.

    If you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance (meaning: any time since January 12), you may be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period.

    Note: During our current maintenance some authenticated users may have lost access. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to restore access as soon as possible.

    We will update you with any changes that may occur in regards to this scheduled maintenance
    . If you would like to receive a notice when PSN is fully restored, be sure to follow the official PlayStation Twitter account and our support Twitter account,@AskPlayStation.
    So yeah, I haven't played since January 11th, which is probably why I can't do anything on the Playstation Network right now....including online play

    Source: https://support.us.playstation.com/a...kw/maintenance
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it








  7. #67
    Chocobo Master
    Jay Hawk-chan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    502
    Reputation
    54

    I want to troll some of these post so badly but I am not going to do it. I have been able to sign in and play online(with certain games) all day yesterday. The maintenance that Sony do/don't will get most of y'all panties in a bunch regardless. It's a Friday nite anyways, why aren't most people not out watching movies, partying or hanging out at the mall or something? Y'all acting like Sony going to read your post then all of a sudden they will work faster but all you really doing is showing how immature and impatience you are.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

  8. #68
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Harrogate, England, UK
    Posts
    204
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    I want to troll some of these post so badly but I am not going to do it. I have been able to sign in and play online(with certain games) all day yesterday. The maintenance that Sony do/don't will get most of y'all panties in a bunch regardless. It's a Friday nite anyways, why aren't most people not out watching movies, partying or hanging out at the mall or something? Y'all acting like Sony going to read your post then all of a sudden they will work faster but all you really doing is showing how immature and impatience you are.
    Not really dude, people are annoyed because something they've paid for doesn't work.. and people have every right to be annoyed with that, before anyone says PSN is free, what about the cost of the console? If you have PS+ then you aren't able to use that, which again you pay for.. the games that have the online functions, which won't work if you can't get online, so again, paid for, so this whole notion that PSN is free is a load of crap as it isn't, nothing is free!

    People aren't stupid enough to think Sony reads some website, or even perhaps their own Twitter and Facebook pages to care what they think, but everyone has a voice and is free to express themselves in any way in which they choose, just as you are, but to moan about people moaning, sounds like a bit hypocritical don't you think?

    The fact is that people are pissed because it's been extended 3 times and was 'scheduled maintenance' if you took 12hrs to do your job, then another 10, then another 8 then another 12 after that you telling me people wouldn't be pissed at you/your company? Don't type, think!
    Because Trophies are amazing...

  9. #69
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Killermachine252's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Academy City, Japan
    Posts
    403
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname View Post
    Not really dude, people are annoyed because something they've paid for doesn't work.. and people have every right to be annoyed with that, before anyone says PSN is free, what about the cost of the console? If you have PS+ then you aren't able to use that, which again you pay for.. the games that have the online functions, which won't work if you can't get online, so again, paid for, so this whole notion that PSN is free is a load of crap as it isn't, nothing is free!

    People aren't stupid enough to think Sony reads some website, or even perhaps their own Twitter and Facebook pages to care what they think, but everyone has a voice and is free to express themselves in any way in which they choose, just as you are, but to moan about people moaning, sounds like a bit hypocritical don't you think?

    The fact is that people are pissed because it's been extended 3 times and was 'scheduled maintenance' if you took 12hrs to do your job, then another 10, then another 8 then another 12 after that you telling me people wouldn't be pissed at you/your company? Don't type, think!
    I would have to agree with you for the most part. If you paid for a service (such as PS+), obviously the customer would be frustrated with the fact that they're unable to use it due to the network being down. Most of us are okay with regular maintenance once in a while on the network, especially since its a service that is free, but what is getting people the most irritated is the fact that it had been extended several times just as you mentioned, and eventually overlapping with prime gaming hours during the weekend.

    The thing I don't agree with you is that you say that we're annoyed since we paid for our console and games, and now they don't work because of the downed network. The PS3 and games work perfectly fine, its just that we've become so overly dependent on the online services that we sometimes take it for granted that Sony is offering this to us at no charge.

    I just hope Sony can get this over with soon so we can all get back to playing our games like we normally do
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it








  10. #70
    Chocobo Master
    Jay Hawk-chan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    502
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname View Post
    Not really dude, people are annoyed because something they've paid for doesn't work.. and people have every right to be annoyed with that, before anyone says PSN is free, what about the cost of the console? If you have PS+ then you aren't able to use that, which again you pay for.. the games that have the online functions, which won't work if you can't get online, so again, paid for, so this whole notion that PSN is free is a load of crap as it isn't, nothing is free!
    PSN is free. You buy the console because you want to play games. You can play all offline games but you will still think PSN isn't free. Now it's your choice to connect the internet to your PS3 then oh well. PS+ is not going anywhere so what is a few days of it being down? So you saying if your at work then you should be able to complaing to Sony if you can't use PS+?
    Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname
    People aren't stupid enough to think Sony reads some website, or even perhaps their own Twitter and Facebook pages to care what they think, but everyone has a voice and is free to express themselves in any way in which they choose, just as you are, but to moan about people moaning, sounds like a bit hypocritical don't you think?
    So out of all the other posts, you decided to pick my post and try to make your ego feel bigger. My post isn't moaning or complaining, if you exactly understood it then you would see I sit on the fence on issues like this so please don't try to make yourself feel whatever it is your trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname
    The fact is that people are pissed because it's been extended 3 times and was 'scheduled maintenance' if you took 12hrs to do your job, then another 10, then another 8 then another 12 after that you telling me people wouldn't be pissed at you/your company? Don't type, think!
    PSN is "FREE" bottom line. Why am I replying to you when you think trophies are amazing. Your one of those people.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

  11. #71
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname View Post
    Not really dude, people are annoyed because something they've paid for doesn't work.. and people have every right to be annoyed with that, before anyone says PSN is free, what about the cost of the console? If you have PS+ then you aren't able to use that, which again you pay for.. the games that have the online functions, which won't work if you can't get online, so again, paid for, so this whole notion that PSN is free is a load of crap as it isn't, nothing is free!

    People aren't stupid enough to think Sony reads some website, or even perhaps their own Twitter and Facebook pages to care what they think, but everyone has a voice and is free to express themselves in any way in which they choose, just as you are, but to moan about people moaning, sounds like a bit hypocritical don't you think?

    The fact is that people are pissed because it's been extended 3 times and was 'scheduled maintenance' if you took 12hrs to do your job, then another 10, then another 8 then another 12 after that you telling me people wouldn't be pissed at you/your company? Don't type, think!
    Well I was signed in way before maintance and I still can't sign in. It doesn't really bother me that there is maintenance... the only thing that bothers me is that they said, if you were logged in before you can still log in and that it would've been finished ages ago.
    Sony is a fucking billion dollar company, acting like teenagers forgetting to hand their homework in. More bullshit after another.

    Also people complaining about other people's rants, its a forum for fucks sake, what did you expect? Everyone has a right to express their opinion.

    I just wanted to point out though, leavingnoname, PSN is free. PSN is a service that is provided (for free) when you buy a PS3 that has an internet connection. Everything else, isn't. PS+ gives you benefits, but in no way is compulsory.

    Certain games are designed to work over PSN (which is free) but the game itself, you have to buy (obviously).

    At the end of the day, I'm pretty most people are pissed off since it just keeps on getting extended. They should've just said it might take longer than usual from the start.


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  12. #72
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Killermachine252's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Academy City, Japan
    Posts
    403
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    At the end of the day, I'm pretty most people are pissed off since it just keeps on getting extended. They should've just said it might take longer than usual from the start.
    Great point. I feel the same way.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it








  13. #73
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Currywrath88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    156
    Reputation
    9

    Interesting, I was able to long on. I didn't even know there was an issue until a friend of mine mentioned it to me. I tried to access the store, but it said it was down for maintenance...The strange thing was, it wouldn't let me back out by hitting circle...I had to shut down and restart. I still was able to log back in afterward.

    Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

  14. #74
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    STRANGEgenius's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    STRAYA ****
    Posts
    777
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    I want to troll some of these post so badly but I am not going to do it. I have been able to sign in and play online(with certain games) all day yesterday. The maintenance that Sony do/don't will get most of y'all panties in a bunch regardless. It's a Friday nite anyways, why aren't most people not out watching movies, partying or hanging out at the mall or something? Y'all acting like Sony going to read your post then all of a sudden they will work faster but all you really doing is showing how immature and impatience you are.
    Is that what people call a life..?

    It's actually Saturday afternoon for me


    Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

  15. #75
    Chocobo Master
    Jay Hawk-chan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    502
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    Is that what people call a life..?
    It's actually Saturday afternoon for me
    Well I live Japan and pretty much my day started with breakfast so I was thinking why aren't most people not outside.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

  16. #76
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Harrogate, England, UK
    Posts
    204
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    PSN is free. You buy the console because you want to play games. You can play all offline games but you will still think PSN isn't free. Now it's your choice to connect the internet to your PS3 then oh well. PS+ is not going anywhere so what is a few days of it being down? So you saying if your at work then you should be able to complaing to Sony if you can't use PS+? So out of all the other posts, you decided to pick my post and try to make your ego feel bigger. My post isn't moaning or complaining, if you exactly understood it then you would see I sit on the fence on issues like this so please don't try to make yourself feel whatever it is your trying to do. PSN is "FREE" bottom line. Why am I replying to you when you think trophies are amazing. Your one of those people.
    I wasn't trying to subject your post as the only one to criticism, sorry if that seemed that way and I will apologise for that.

    I know the PSN itself is free and that it's your choice to connect it to the Internet etc, but if you look at the bigger picture with all the stuff that costs in order for you to have this free service, then infact it isn't free is it? this was my point I was trying to make. It's like saying FREE iPad when you take out a mobile phone contract over 2 years 35 a month, you usually get a poor phone that's been out 12-24 months already on a poor deal, where as a new phone without the 'free' iPad costs just the same with a better tariff, that iPad is NOT free, you are paying for it heavily.. free drink when you buy burger and fries... well no it isn't because you gotta buy the burger and fries, which are probably an artificially inflated price anyway so the drink isn't free.. you have to look at stuff that says FREE and see where you are paying for it, somewhere you will be, 99% of the time!

    If you have other stuff to do then that's cool, I had the day off work and had no plans until tomorrow and had a rented BF3 server which I can't play which I paid for and had set up stuff for the past 2 days, so that's why I'm a bit hacked off it was no way an attack on you though I can guarantee!
    Because Trophies are amazing...

  17. #77
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Harrogate, England, UK
    Posts
    204
    Reputation
    4

    Why am I replying to you when you think trophies are amazing. Your one of those people.
    Wow, it was a spur of the moment thing I added to a sig dude, 'one of those people' one of what people exactly? and you blame me for falsely having a go at you? that's low man
    Because Trophies are amazing...

  18. #78
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    This shit is about to get good

    Sig by Smashguy

  19. #79
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Just for the record, I've been signed in with no problem for days.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  20. #80
    PRO Member
    glogantn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    406
    Reputation
    14

    Pass me some..
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    This shit is about to get good

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO