Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What trophies earned you yer platinum?

This is a discussion on What trophies earned you yer platinum? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What was the last trophy you earned before earning the platinum trophy itself? Was it difficult? Time-consuming? Were you just ...

Bob 'n' Becca

What trophies earned you yer platinum?

What was the last trophy you earned before earning the platinum trophy itself? Was it difficult? Time-consuming? Were you just lazy and waited to get it, or was it something you thought would mean a lot if you waited until the end to get?

Example: Burnout Paradise-"Send a Mugshot or Smugshot". The reason this was my last trophy is because I did not have a webcam. So what I did was go to Best Buy one day, buy one, use the hell out of it for three seconds (I didn't even have it looking at me; it was facing the wall) and then I took it back. Lol. I'm cheap like that.

If this thread gets any responces I'll post more of my own games.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Final Fantasy XIII: The last trophy I got was the one where you needed to find every item in the game (too lazy to look up the actual name of it) all I know is that I didnt care that much for the plat at first so I wasnt sure if I got every item on the first 8 chapters or if I had sold one of the items before fully upgrading them, locking myself off of the plat.
    So I farmed till I got all of the ultimate weapons (25~ hours) and upgraded all the rings I had and still didnt get the trophy, I was about to give up when I found the last ring (Wind Ring) on a treasure chest I had missed in the plains, and I got my plat (85 hours total)e

EDIT: I've got a couple of other stories but I'm on the iPad and writing them would take too long so I'll just fav this thread and post them at another date.
    I am... a Ghoul!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Deadrising 2: Off The Record. My last trophy before the platinum was Six Digits?! in which you had to kill 100,000 zombies. It was nowhere near as hard as Deadrising 2 (because DR2 had a time limit), but damn, it was way more boring.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2: Last trophy before platinum was Freshly Grinded Girls, where you had to reach level 99 with every character including optional ones. In any other game, it would take ages.. but with the right dungeon (free dlc), you will level up every second battle from lvl 90+

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

> Restart Button <

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

This was before I even cared to hunt for trophies but I think this is the moment that got me hooked. So I was playing AC Brotherhood MP for fun. I wasn't even concerned with the trophies even though I only needed Abstergo Employee of the Month. I had given up on that though. So I'm on my favorite map Seinna playing wanted and I'm literally wooping ass . I was untouchable and was stunning left and right. Best game of AC MP I've ever had for sure. Well anyway I was doing really well and the last 30 seconds came so I started rushing a little more. I got a kill at the last second with a poison, well the bonuses mixed together and I got my very first Extreme Variety, AEotM popped, and I got my first ever.

Epic moment for me.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I'll list a couple of my more memorible ones.

Killzone 2. I saved finding all the Helghast symbols for last in that one.
    GOW III. Finishing Titan Mode was last trophy before plat.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Where The Wind Blows

I always try to save the trophy that reads like some final statement on the game for last. For instance, I left the "Fin" trophy in AC3 for last, because after a solid day of my life gone to one awful naval mission, I was beyond done with that game.

In Skyrim, I chose to save getting "Married" last, because I felt it was a good end to the adventure. Settle down and have kids and all that significantly-less-adventurous nonsense.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

PRO Member

Read Dead Redemption- I saved How The West Was Won for last which is get to lvl 50 in MP because of how Time Consuming it is and I really hate time consuming trophys!!!! I was grinding Pikes Basin for like 3 Days straight by myself lol and I got to lvl 45 the other night. Signed in yesterday and it was Triple XP Thank God!!! Knocked out the last 5 lvls is a little over an hour. I wont be touching another MP hideout in RDR anytime soon to say the least!

PRO Member

Is Ironmadman from R&C FFA easy but super boring trophy

Lvl 5 - Silver

Killzone HD

ISA Regulator

Resonance of Fate

Lap Two Complete

Lvl 6 - Silver

Resistance 2: I saved Killing Machine for last, well because 10,000 kills is one hell of a grind and I needed to find people to help me boost it.

BF:BC2: Demo man was left till last cause trying to get those 20 destruction kills was almost impossible. People tend to jump out of a house when it makes that demolish noise so kills are already hard plus, most of the time when I had a house flatten with someone in it, I would get kills for C4, not for a destruction kill :/

LittleBigPlanet: Couldnt be bothered building a lvl but thought I eventualy did seeing as it was one of the only trophies left from the platinum and 100%. Had to wait for people to heart my lvl and me so Create took me the longest to get. Just had to wait for the like hearts to build up.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS

Tomb Raider (91%), Killzone2 (83%)

Needs More Rum

Rugby League Live: Big 300, it was a bitch and I was fuckin ecstatic when it finally popped. It was last simply cause it was more time consuming than the other trophies.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Far Cry 3 - Rush Hour in Co-Op! Man that was a huge pain in the butt! Whenever I was lucky to get someone going into that ch. they would end up quiting right at the end! So finally I got it only because my roomates son helped me play it offline!

Lvl 4 - Silver

The last trophy I earned that got me a Platinum was Strongest Princess in Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland. This game has a lot of multiple endings and this was the hardest to earn because it was necessary to upgrade my equipment to beat one of the toughest bosses in the game. The battle itself was a bit touch-and-go, but once the battle was done, the rest was easy, because you just have to rest until the end of the game and then view the ending sequence.

Sine Labore Nihil

- Hair Dresser was my last one for

- Animal friend was my last one for

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Lvl 5 - Silver

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Expert Dyno-Might

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Mortal Kombat last rophy My Kung Fu is Stronger, because it took ages so i saved it for last, so satisfying when i was done

Lvl 5 - Silver

just Now

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Crushing

Still the Chocobo

Sonic Generations

Can't Touch This
    Take no damage from the final boss and clear the stage

I ended up spending two nights on this alone. It wasn't that it was difficult. It was more of perfecting a pattern to dodge every attack.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Sine Labore Nihil

- Team player was my last trophy for

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Deathless Destroyer

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Doctorate -
    I had to find 29 "unique" E-Books out of the thousands in the game. Left that figuring out stuff for my 2nd (and last) playthrough. I was paranoid that I missed a few along the way (and I almost did 3 times! Lucky I do a routine sweep before leaving an area) and was happy when Doctorate popped after reading the 29th e-book along with the

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Charted! - Crushing -
    I achieved this trophy along with the after finishing my 2nd playthrough on Crushing Difficulty. Lazarebitch was a bitch (hence the name, it's actually Lazarevic...)because he was agro at you and chasing you everywhere with a shotgun which killed you in 1 or 2 shots depending on range and where it hit. On top of that the only way you could beat him was by shooting resin dumps on trees, not him himself (Resistance 2 Daedalus-much?).
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 9 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast