Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS4 more powerful than...

This is a discussion on PS4 more powerful than... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; [hide] [top] This article is not my own work but taken from another website PlayStation 4 is 50% more powerful ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

PS4 more powerful than...

[top]This article is not my own work but taken from another website

PlayStation 4 is 50% more powerful than next Xbox, says report

PlayStation 4 will be 50% more powerful than the next Xbox, a report has suggested.

Speaking with developers who attended tech conference CES, VG247 said that Sony's next console will be "significantly more powerful" than the next Xbox.

The PS4 - codenamed Orbis - has a run-capability of 1.84 teraflops, while the next Xbox - codenamed Durango - will have 1.23 teraflops, a difference of around half.

However, the new Xbox is said to have more RAM, with 8GB available in total, 3GB of which is dedicated to the operating system, apps and security and the rest for games.

The PS4, meanwhile, has 4GB, 1GB of which is reserved for the operating system.

In terms of graphical power, the new Xbox is said to be based on a Radeon HD 8770 GPU, while the PS4 will be based on AMD's A10 APU (accelerated processing unit) as well as a second smaller graphics chip.

Both consoles will also support Blu-ray discs with a capacity of 100GB.

Finally, the report suggested that media outlets are in possession of documents related to the new Xbox from CES and will leak them in the coming weeks.

The latest rumour surrounding the new Xbox is that Skype will be at the core of the system, replacing Xbox Live's voice and video chat services.

Both consoles are expected to be announced in March for a late 2013 release.

The PS4 is believed to be capable of displaying games in 4K resolution, to support Blu-ray and to ship at an "affordable" price.

Sony and Microsoft are yet to officially confirm any specific details of their future consoles.
    Because Trophies are amazing...

WHO DAT!!!!

very interesing....we have always been better then xbox and now its confirmed......how ya like that crapbox haha

PRO Member

The main thing I'm looking forward to is less load times, less pop-in, less framerate drops - so basically a smoother gaming experience. I'm just hoping the PS4 isn't as retarded to code optimally for as the PS3 was for this generation.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Angel of Death

I'll wait to see it. And the 360 may not be more powerful, but the graphics were almost always better on multi-platform games.

PRO Member

Man microsoft is just stuffing in theyre skype wherever they can fit that shit. I mean voice chat was fine nice and easy but what ever happened to just Playing a game. Playstation is gonna be better again I just think microsoft gets so sidetracked on all the other B.S while Sony will build just a Seriously Bad Ass Gaming Console onnce again.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    very interesing....we have always been better then xbox and now its confirmed......how ya like that crapbox haha
    Haha made me laugh couldn't agree more though!

Lvl 4 - Silver

[QUOTE=Tmac718;439491]Man microsoft is just stuffing in theyre skype wherever they can fit that shit. I mean voice chat was fine nice and easy but what ever happened to just Playing a game. Playstation is gonna be better again I just think microsoft gets so sidetracked on all the other B.S while Sony will build just a Seriously Bad Ass Gaming Console onnce again.[/QUOTE

I agree, my friend had a crapbox and It seemed to be so littered with other crap that wasn't even relevant, I mean all most people buy the consoles for are for the sake of GAMING, if they wanted all the other stuff then surely you would have bought a PC? I can understand the need for a reliable voice chat in games but jeez!

-i- love myself.

Why not keep the Blu-ray on the PS4 console only? I can't wait to see how these consoles play out!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm not into a console war or anything but the writer of this article is not very objective :

"The PS4 - codenamed Orbis - has a run-capability of 1.84 teraflops, while the next Xbox - codenamed Durango - will have 1.23 teraflops, a difference of around half."

Yeah 1.84 / 2 is about 1.23...
    Even though the difference is significant, I dont like people who overloads the obvious.

Lvl 4 - Silver

While some sites claim that the ps4 is more powerful, other sites says that the next xbox is more powerful than the ps4...

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by DjusPS View Post
    I'm not into a console war or anything but the writer of this article is not very objective :

"The PS4 - codenamed Orbis - has a run-capability of 1.84 teraflops, while the next Xbox - codenamed Durango - will have 1.23 teraflops, a difference of around half."

Yeah 1.84 / 2 is about 1.23...
    Even though the difference is significant, I dont like people who overloads the obvious.

This article is not claiming that the PS4 is twice as powerful as the next xbox. Only 50%.

1.23 * 1.5 = 1.845

Lvl 6 - Silver

How can we know which is more powerful with only rumours? LOL Come, it may be but until further information we can only speculate, never say for sure like many seem to do

Lvl 4 - Silver

Only posted this article as most stuff I see is usually from legit sources, plus it's always nice to have discussions about such things, especially when it's potentially big news! I don't see why people are saying about it being double either as it never says that lol, it was the same on the site where the article was lol

Lvl 6 - Silver

I do love these rumours and like to talk about them, but sometimes people start stupid arguments over things that aren't yet certain, I do hope the next PS is as good as they say it is

Even though I think the PS3 has still things to give us I am ready for next gen! My wallet will hurt in the coming months LOL

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yeah I believe it still has stuff to offer, but they'll still make PS3 games is my guess, the same way they made PS2 ones for ages, you could even get FIFA 13 on the PS2 for example, the PS3 will live longer however due to the online functions and such, I think I'll have a PS4 from day 1 personally, once I've seen the 100% confirmed details /

I agree the arguments aren't necessary about things that only 'could be true' but then people will always disagree and errors in judgement can be made I suppose too, I just tried to be informative, not telling people what was the 100% truth, these stats will hopefully be good indications of what to expect though, I'd appreciate some more RAM in the PS4 than what's currently being stated, but I'd also love a decent price bracket too and a decent game or two at launch.

I really hope there's going to be some backwards compatibility with the PS3 games too, anyone know anything about this?

Rangers F.C

They said that on this gen , they said the PS3 was more powerful than the Xbox 360 but after watching loads of graphics reviews this proved not to be the case at all , PC always won and PS3 and Xbox clocked up wins on both sides and never had a clear winner , the only big difference was disks , the Xbox had more because it never played Blu-ray , if they are going to have Blu-ray this time I would bet that we will never see the difference like last time , sure the PS3 has more juice but it never made it to the actual games and I think it will be the same this time .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't think I read anything about backwards compatibility, I dunno if I'll sell my PS3 if it has though LOL

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    Man microsoft is just stuffing in theyre skype wherever they can fit that shit. I mean voice chat was fine nice and easy but what ever happened to just Playing a game. Playstation is gonna be better again I just think microsoft gets so sidetracked on all the other B.S while Sony will build just a Seriously Bad Ass Gaming Console onnce again.
    how is it a bad thing they are replacing voice chat in xbox live with skype.

that means cross-platform voice chat. talk to my friends on the xbox while i play on my pc.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All this speculation always gets me excited. Can't wait for next gen!

Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname View Post
    I really hope there's going to be some backwards compatibility with the PS3 games too, anyone know anything about this?
    This is just my guess, but I wouldn't bet on it. When manufacturing the new system Sony will want to cut costs where they can, but if that keeps the price reasonable then I'm all for it.

I think this is where something like Sony's recent Gaikai acquisition would come into play: rather than include backwards compatibility, they'll digitally offer their catalog of old and new games via some kind of paid service.

It's just another step towards the inevitable Physical Media Apocalypse... and then the dark Digital Future!

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

TBH i'd love the PS3 / PS4 to have skype, i never use the voice chat in PS3 always use skype on the pc to talk to my friends who are playing the PS3 with me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast