Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS4 Abandoning Dualshock Design

This is a discussion on PS4 Abandoning Dualshock Design within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; always felt a good handle on the ps controller, they will come out with a new version and later will ...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

always felt a good handle on the ps controller, they will come out with a new version and later will make a classic ps controller compatible with the ps4 hear my words
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    Its all preference I absolutely hate the design,feel and bulkiness of the Xbox controllers,while some people are the other way around.
    This.

Generalizing that everyone is not a fan of the DualShock controller just because you personally don't like it is dumb (and vice versa). Personally, I don't see the need to change it, and obviously we've been through three major consoles and the controller set-up has held up. If everyone hates it and it "sucks so much," then why do we still have it? If it changes, I'll adapt I suppose, but I'd prefer it not to because I'm used to it after all these years, happy with it and, as several people have noted, "If it's not broke, why fix it?" Tweak it, sure, that's inevitable, but to pretend that it's a piece of shit when it's clearly not is ludicrous. Both my controllers have been fine since release (along with my Fat PS3, for that matter) and I'd love to have the option to carry them over to the PS4 rather than have to just box them due to incompatibility.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gourdz View Post
    Heh. I was fixing myself a drink and needed ice. When I got back to the couch, I couldn't find the damn thing so instead of wasting time looking for it, I knocked on my neighbor's door and borrowed one of his.
    Best thing I've heard all day

The Ps controller has been a really good controller for me. Never once have I got tired of it or have I thought this is crap. Sure, a change may have been due but if they would have released this super duper Ps4, Orbis or whatever the crap it's going to be called with that controller, it wouldn't phase one little bit. It will be interesting to see what the next one looks like though

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

the Dualshock 3 is perfectly fine, and i swear if you have to buy batteries for the new ones then, ill shove the batteries up sonys assholes.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 8 - Gold

I really have no issues with the PS controllers so I hope the change is minimal. I'm not really sue what to thing of this LCD screen. I hope it's nothing like the WiiU controller, we don't need something like that.

♚ Overlord ♔

Why change them? The current design has been awesome even up to this date.

Ghost Assassin

What's that saying... oh yeah, If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. You can't say the design of the ps3 controller is bad; People hate the R2/L2 triggers (I couldn't care less) but other than that the design is sound. I prefer the ps3 controller to the xbox controller because the positioning of the sticks on the xbox controller is awkward. I hope they don't add a screen on the controller, because that is just an unnecessary drain on the battery. I have a hunch that they might use that splittable controller patent that they filed a while ago: Sony Could Be Making A PlayStation Controller That Can Split In Half

Hero of Kvatch

The DualShock controller is the best controller I ever used in my opinion. I bought a silicone case for it and it fits in my hands perfectly. The XBox controller is just awful, and it runs on batteries. All of this is just my opinion, as we all know someone here is a Nintendo arse licker.

"War, war never changes."

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I have not used a console's controller that even comes close to the Dualshock. It pisses excellence, the only other great control system is PC mouse and Keyboard style but even that has it's limitations.

XBOX? both controllers are one of the key reasons i never got an XB, fiddly, fat and physically unappealing ( like most XBox players amiright? ).

Nintendo? nothing going there since the Gamecube and even that was a bit off. Gameboy Advance was the best due to it's simplicity.

SEGA? The better of the lot, Dreamcast and Genesis/Megadrive were good, Saturn, Master System and Game Gear were middling for controls.

Also of course, there are the touchscreen controls of modern times, which are hit and miss, playing on a phone with them is horrid, The DS and Vita make good use of them, mainly because the use of them is not forced.

Anyway, Sony said this last time round with the Boomerang design controller for PS3 and guess what? They went back to ol faithful. Nothing is truly confirmed til you have it in your hands.

The One and Only

Hopefully the controller for the PS4 isn't too different. I've been used to using Dualshock controllers for over 10 years now, and any other controller I use feels weird to me.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The only thing that needs to be fixed are the L2/R2 triggers. When I press down on them, my finger sometimes slips off.

I've bought some trigger attachments that add a little "hook" shape to the end, so that your finger won't slip off:

But obviously I'd rather Sony fix it so I don't need to buy the attachments...

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Gaming since 1985!

I as well as many others, love the grip of a PS3 controller. I have owned an Xbox 360 myself and HATED the controller. Wii remotes? Don't get me started. It would be nice to just have some sort of familiarity when it comes to buying a system. To repeat 100 other people, "Don't fix was isn't broken" Yes, I will admit to buying the L2/R2 extender clasps, but this is only for my enjoyment. Some people may not like it, I do. Go off of what the majority feels, not what some idiot off the 'webs says. "Holy sh**, be different, look what the Wii U did!" Oh wait, then you would be copying them. And it would suck just as bad.

Lvl 4 - Silver

PS3 controllers are awesome, to be honest though I've used Playstation since the first console, briefly I had a Xbox 360 before the PS3 was out but NEVER in over a year got used to the feel, and always had to look at the controller to see which colour b and y were etc etc, but I guess that's just down to whatever you are used to. I must admit I saw a photo of the proposed console and It looks pretty good (yes I am aware it's unlikely to be this) but the controller pictured looked almost the same as current PS3 controller that had writing and buttons looking like the colours would glow in the dark...
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Xbox 360 controllers are weird, can't really get my hands to get a comfortable grip. Also weird how it has a analog stick in the upper right.

Up the Irons!

I like the Dualshock, so I hope they don't change it. Although I do like the 360's controller a bit more (aside from the D-pad).

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Best controller IMO. Ramon said it perfectly. It's a preference thing. If I played FPSs all the time, I'd prefer the Xbox controller, but I loved the feel of the PS controller and it's oh-so-sweet dpad to go along with it. Only thing I'd change is the R2/L2

Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Unless of course you have deformed hands

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

I want Dualshock 4, so I hope they don't change it too much. Even if they do, please no touch-like-Vita functions.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gourdz View Post
    Mine is still operational after five years and a dozen throws off the wall.
    You clearly don't have a very good throw

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    better than a battery that can die out easily in your controller after a few years thats irreplacable.

good thing nintendo was smart enough to put a battery cover on the wii u pro incase that happens.
    lul wut. I've never heard of that happen to anyone, ever.

And I recall countless times that I've tried to play xbox at a friends house and they've ran out of batteries. Pretty sad for a current gen console if you ask me

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    XBox's controller is one of the main reasons I stay away from that system. Nintendo just always has some interesting wacky "look what I can do" controller.

but the PS controller is bad? WTH? I think its fine the way it is. I can only hope for upgrading with the PS4 and hopefully (just in case they fuck the controller up) I can still use a PS3 controller.
    Yeah.. if they fuck up the controller.. I'm just gonna quit gaming. I don't want any kind of Vita like controller or nothing like that. I jus tlike my plain old dualshock controller I use right now. I don't like change and they're burying video games for me with this new whack shit :/

What the hell is bad about the Playstation controller.. it's the same thing that has always worked, and you can get third party ones if you really don't like it.. but it's completely fine and works and is quite durable and feels good to me. Not sure the issue there O_O.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Du wirst geil

I'm going to keep playing with my DS3 until I see concepts of what the PS4 (Orbit) controller will look like, instead of reading about it. You can't imagine a solid concept or design just from heresay and rumors, unless they're backed up with images.

As for the pissing contest between controllers? I laugh. You don't "X" controller for "Y" reason? OK, that's fine, but that doesn't make the controller bad. I didn't realize we all had the same hands here :S

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast