Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

First Platinum and why did you get it?

This is a discussion on First Platinum and why did you get it? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What was the first you obtained and why did you go for it? Did it come naturally? Curious what it ...

PRO Member

First Platinum and why did you get it?

What was the first you obtained and why did you go for it? Did it come naturally? Curious what it was? So and so forth.

My first plat was for NCAA Football 11. If I remember right, I had most of the trophies and was curious if something special happened getting the platinum (like old SNES where I might get a special uniform or something like that). I also wanted it due to a friend who had said something about getting platinums was a wonderful feeling.

What about you all?
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Breakfast and Chill

Madden NFL 10. Liked the feeling of accomplishment when I earned a trophy. The perfectionist in me forced me to collect them all.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Borderlands. I never really took notice of trophies before this game, then I realised, trying to earn all trophies in the game kinda makes the most of it. Ever since then, any game that I have really enjoyed, I will go for the platinum.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 6 - Silver

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. This game was my second PS3 game with trophy support. I found this game easy to get into and i enjoy the gundam series as a whole.

-i- love myself.

Uncharted 2. I went for it once I found this site throughout the web which I used the guide for. Really liked hearing that noise a trophy does when it pops up and I felt like I was accomplishing more in the game.

Up the Irons!

The Sims 3

I was such a huge fan (I still like the series, but not as much anymore), and I hadn't played a Sims game since The Sims 3 released for PC (I sold it a few months after release because I wanted to buy games for my new PS3), so when this game released for PS3, I was very excited. I quickly became addicted, and I would play it for hours on end. Most of the trophies come through natural gameplay, so when I noticed I had achieved most of them, I simply searched for a guide (the guide is why I signed up for this site [before the Crash]) because I just had no idea how to do some of the trophies.

So yeah, the majority of it came through natural gameplay, with the last few came after looking at this site's guide.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Local Drunk

Heavy Rain, really enjoyed the game so I figured may as well plat it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

The Girl Gamer

God of War 3

I wanted to try to get all the trophies once I finished the game for the first time since they looked challenging. Getting platinum felt like I accomplished all the challenges that the devs put into this game. Makes me feel like I have done everything in the game.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

My first plat ever was Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, I enjoyed playing a lot of old school favorites of mine and once I saw that it was a pretty easy plat I went for it.

My first plat on this profile was Tales of Graces f, just what I was playing at the time I made my new profile.

Change is mediocre

Mine was God of War, I'm a huge fan of the series so I picked up the collection. I saw that there were trophies and once I finished it, I noticed I had almost gotten all of them. So, I replayed it getting each of the trophies I needed and *pling*

PRO Member

Dante's Inferno, I got the plat because I wanted to see if I could. It was fun plus I really like the game and the trophies gave me another reason to play it more, which is why I go for platiums, to make the game last longer and for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Madden NFL 10. Liked the feeling of accomplishment when I earned a trophy. The perfectionist in me forced me to collect them all.
    Then what happened? You have about 20+ unfinished games

Sig by Smashguy

Du wirst geil

Burnout Paradise and I got it inadvertently since I wasn't really "aiming" for it, I was just going along with most of the awards in the game. I have a LOT of games on my trophy list that are incomplete or not even started because I either didn't have the time to them or have the time to even play them which led me to trading them in. The ones I have 's for are the games I've really enjoyed

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Game Review Team

Trinity Universe! Besides it being the only game I had at the time, I found it really fun and I noticed not many people had the platinum, so I wanted to see if I had the patience to get it. I didn't find it boring at all, and I'd do the platinum again any day so right now I'm on the hunt for the japanese and korean versions.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

First platinum I got was Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. A fast and easy platinum. Just wanted to see if I could do it and gave it a try, although most of the old games didn't age well. And that was the start of my addiction to platinums. And subsequent downfall.

Favorite Plats: NGS2, NG3: RE
    Current Top 3 Favorite Series: BioShock, inFamous, Uncharted

The One and Only

My first plat was Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Why did I get that platinum?

For one, the game was really fun, and it wasn't very difficult at all either. Since was used to finding gold/platinum/titanium bolts in previous Ratchet and Clank games I played before that one, I thought I might as well go for the platinum. Plus, I've never had a platinum before that one, so I wanted to have a trophy to be proud of!

It so happened to be on 4th of July 2010 too.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    Mine was God of War, I'm a huge fan of the series so I picked up the collection. I saw that there were trophies and once I finished it, I noticed I had almost gotten all of them. So, I replayed it getting each of the trophies I needed and *pling*
    thats exactly what happened to me too. in the end it felt nice to get it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Heavy Rain,
    when I finished the story the first time I've read that the game has several endings so I decided to get them all.

Saints Row IV

It was Terminator Salvation
    This is when it all started...
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 1 - Bronze

God Of War 3 for me,It was the only game i had at the time and i got all the trophies but beating it on Titan in one playthrough.

Legalize it...

The Saboteur. I just couldnt stop playing it lol...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast