For whom the bell tolls!.......Ding Ding

This is a discussion on For whom the bell tolls!.......Ding Ding within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ............Ok so I like the book from Hemingway, and the song from Metallica but here is the question: Have you ...

Venire, Videre, Vince

For whom the bell tolls!.......Ding Ding

............Ok so I like the book from Hemingway, and the song from Metallica but here is the question:

Have you ever fallen asleep playing a game? If so which game was it if you can remember and what you was doing in the game?

For me one night I was playing Mafia II and I remember I was driving a car in the game when I fell asleep for a few seconds and guess what I crashed the car into another car, weird thing was I immediately woke up after the accident and I started to laugh. (In real life I would never drive behind the wheel if I was really tired and sleepy.)

I hope some of you can share your stories...........

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've never fallen asleep while playing, but I've been close. It was during a 20+ hour "marathon" when I was like 13, playing Final Fantasy IX because I had deleted my save by accident and I was trying to get where I was. I got through the game really quickly but still managed to level up (so technically it was not a speedrun). In the end I was tired so I started to get sleepy and decided to stop. A few minutes more and I reckon I would have just fallen asleep right there.
    Oh, and it was during Summer vacations in case you're wondering hahaha

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

The One and Only

Nope, but I was very close to doing it in Skyrim, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, and LittleBigPlanet 2 when I would just listen to tunes. I still really like those games, it's just that I'm not a very good sleeper.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I fell asleep playing Skyrim when it first came out, but that was also because I was totally wasted.

I had a few beers waiting for midnight to hit. Drank more while I was in line. Got back and popped Skyrim in so it could install. Walked to the bar while that was going on (very slow internet) and had a few pitchers of Blue Moon. And that's when everything went dark.

Woke up the next morning with my controller in my hand and lying on the floor in front of my tv. I only made it to the character selection screen

Platinum Procrastinator

I don't think I've ever fallen asleep while playing a game although I've come pretty close back when I use to play an MMO for several years.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Legalize it...

Never while playing but while watching someone else play. If I get tired I just turn it off and go to sleep...

Angel of Death

I can't remember which games, but I often do.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I have fallen asleep quite frequently while gaming, it's usually while grinding in RPGs. I've lost count of how many times I've fallen asleep while grinding in Star Ocean for instance.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I remember falling asleep once while playing Metal Gear Solid way back when. I'd been awake for around 2 days straight, and could feel myself nodding off as I was approaching the fight against the Hind D on top of the Communications Tower. I woke up at some point when I heard Campbell yelling "Snake? SNAAAAAKKEE!!!" - God only knows how long I'd been asleep for, or how many times I'd been killed before I heard that.

Nowadays, if I feel myself drifting off whilst playing, I accept that I can't carry on, and just switch off and go to bed - after all, you can fight against sleep all you like, but you'll always lose in the end.

PRO Member

LOL one time I remember I fell asleep quite a few years ago.I was playing FFVII the part I do not recall exactly but I do know it was a flashback with Sephiroth witch made it extra trippy when I woke up LOL. I was young then I remember cause I had to shut it down get in the shower and get ready for school lol.. couldnt quite pull the all nighter.

Up the Irons!

No, I've never fallen asleep while gaming.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lord of all Goat-Men

I was visiting my mate for a week (I live quite far away), so we wanted to cram as much gaming in as possible. We basically played for 36 hours, then had 6 hours sleep, then started all over again. By the penultimate day we had been up for almost 48 hours playing Dynasty Warriors 5 on PS2.
    After a while I realised I wasn't getting any help, so I turned to him and saw that he'd fallen asleep with the controller in his hand

Ice Cream Firefighter

I actually fell asleep playing Sonic Unleashed once & when I woke up this is what he was doing

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 2 - Bronze

any game where it requires grinding or farming to get a trophy. im usually up very late as it is and dont sleep much to begin with so i catch myself passed out in my chair snapping awake thinking "f this" im going to bed