Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do you think you will always game?

This is a discussion on Do you think you will always game? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I will never ever stop Gaming is more than hobby for me.....it's a lifestyle...

Saints Row IV

I will never ever stop
    Gaming is more than hobby for me.....it's a lifestyle
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Galaxy beauty pirate

Yes, I think I will. There will probably be times I play less, but I always come back to gaming.
    Sig by Ramon

Game on....

I love gaming and i will never stop gaming. Sometimes i have a lapse in playing games but i never feel like i don't want to game. Earning trophies sometimes makes the gaming experience more annoying but at the same time more rewarding. I don't seem to game as much as i used to.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It all depends, I think I will still be gaming. Just not as much in the future I suppose.

Rangers F.C

I would like to think so but I do not seem to play anywhere near the same time , I used to be able to sit a full day on a weekend , now I am sitting for less and less , it could be down to the games I am playing recently , my last few games have been Max Payne ( shit ) , Boarderlands 2 ( very good ) , Vanquish ( ok ) , Gravity Rush ( rubbish ) , ACIII ( never even finished it ) , Dishonored ( 1st run amazing , lost interest 1/2 way into second ) and Silent Hill Downpour ( amazing but buggy ) I might have just had a bad run , I think I will always game but don't think I will be hardcore again this gen , I am getting a bit bored with what we are getting , next gen should recapture the old love for it , also the VR stuff coming is right up my ally .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Buy my book, Alteration

I probably will. I'll probably slow down as I start making family, but I'll still probably make time.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I will die with a controller in my hand.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

I have no intention of stopping so yes, as long as I live I will play

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    My sentiments exactly. As long as I have hands and eyes I will game.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Yes, I think I will. There will probably be times I play less, but I always come back to gaming.
    What Artemis said.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Otherwise, I'll realize that I'd rather talk with people I know face-to-face than talk to a stranger on a computer. Maybe I'll fall in love, maybe I'll get a job. But I'd be willing to bet that there's much more to life than being confined to a chair and pressing buttons.
    You know, you can talk to people face-to-face and on the computer, right? You don't have to limit yourself to one. Life is long, and humans are pretty capable of doing multiple things in short periods of time. You could be talking to a stranger on the computer one hour, then be talking to a real life person the next! Mere hours.

What a Negative Nelly.

As long as I have free time, I'll continue to game. However much that is, life will dictate.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am pretty sure there will always be time for gaming. May have to spend less time due to kids activities and such but decinitely will still play.

PRO Member

NEVER, I TELL YOU,.... NEVER WILL I STOP GAMING

The One and Only

Nah, there might be a point in my life where I'm too busy for it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    You know, you can talk to people face-to-face and on the computer, right? You don't have to limit yourself to one. Life is long, and humans are pretty capable of doing multiple things in short periods of time. You could be talking to a stranger on the computer one hour, then be talking to a real life person the next! Mere hours.

What a Negative Nelly.

As long as I have free time, I'll continue to game. However much that is, life will dictate.
    Wait, that is possible?! Dude, I had no idea! You've opened up an entire realm of new opportunities for me.

But seriously, you're not getting the point. Gaming is an anti-social time-suck (for the most part, anyway) that I currently enjoy. I know that you can have a balance of being social with people you actually physically interact with and being social with those that I talk to online over a computer, but I'd rather focus all if not most of my attention on the one that matters most - at least at some point in my life.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'd like to think that I'll never quit gaming, but looking at this generation and the standards that have been set, the moves companies and developers make, and the overall course games are taking, I'm starting to have doubts.
    I realize there will never be a gen without amazing games, but I might lose interest or lack the free time to actually keep playing. Besides, as time passes I'm certain games or systems (just like in the past) will be only accessible by the upper "classes," especially if we assume virtual reality will happen in the relatively-near future.

Putting it simple, no, I don't think I'll stop gaming because I got bored, but maybe I will stop because I just can't afford it (in terms of money, time, etc).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 5 - Silver

Jaggy- well if you lose your arms, you might be able to still play if you become... Mindquad! If you get that reference.

But yes I'll most likely continue to game all my life, I think most/many of our generation grew up with games so it's a part of our culture; gaming is probably as important a venue as books, film, and music.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ditto. ....
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Kinda hit the block in my life where I'm not playing so much anymore. Kinda losing interest, but I believe this is mainly because I have set priorities in my life. But even though I cut back a lot, the answer is yes.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Wait, that is possible?! Dude, I had no idea! You've opened up an entire realm of new opportunities for me.

But seriously, you're not getting the point. Gaming is an anti-social time-suck (for the most part, anyway) that I currently enjoy. I know that you can have a balance of being social with people you actually physically interact with and being social with those that I talk to online over a computer, but I'd rather focus all if not most of my attention on the one that matters most - at least at some point in my life.
    That's noble, but what's the endgame here? To have no hobbies of your own? At some point in your life, will you no longer be able to function independantly of someone?

You can love people, you can have friends, you can start a family, you can have a job... and still have time for things you enjoy. If you don't like gaming anymore, that's fine. Say that. It's not gamings fault it makes you anti-social. No more than the guy/girl that likes to read books, or watch movies, or watch television, or listen to music on their iPods. Gaming in itself doesn't stop you from being social and having priorities, that's on you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast