Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do you think you will always game?

This is a discussion on Do you think you will always game? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As long as there are good games to be played I won't stop gaming....

Lvl 6 - Silver

As long as there are good games to be played I won't stop gaming.

1.21 GIGAWATTS

I'll never stop gaming or collecting, I'm sure i'll slow down eventually but will never stop.

Sig & Avy created by stupot00

Available For Boosting: Add me on PSN: likeAbozs

Gaming since 1985!

As long as my eyes and hands work, that is how long I will game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can't see myself ever stoping.

PRO Member

I'll love to game till the last day I hope so

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I plan to game forever
    Hopefully VR is perfected before I go. Then when I do pass my brain can be preserved in a jar and connected to the servers so I can spend eternity gaming.

Lvl 9 - Gold

cant see myself stopping. I see it as a hobby. If I ever have kids they will probably end up growing up around games

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Учимся всей семь

Я считаю, который Вы допускаете ошибку. Могу это доказать. Пишите мне в PM, пообщаемся. рост и вес мужчины

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Probably not, and for multiple reasons.

If somehow the industry doesn't continue on its pace of steadily sucking all innovation out of everything, then I'll probably get busy with life eventually. Otherwise, I'll realize that I'd rather talk with people I know face-to-face than talk to a stranger on a computer. Maybe I'll fall in love, maybe I'll get a job. But I'd be willing to bet that there's much more to life than being confined to a chair and pressing buttons.

But for now, I'll say it's a damn good form of entertainment, and an even better procrastination tool.
    Wait, that is possible?! Dude, I had no idea! You've opened up an entire realm of new opportunities for me.

But seriously, you're not getting the point. Gaming is an anti-social time-suck (for the most part, anyway) that I currently enjoy. I know that you can have a balance of being social with people you actually physically interact with and being social with those that I talk to online over a computer, but I'd rather focus all if not most of my attention on the one that matters most - at least at some point in my life.
    So I guess thousands of fathers and mothers, you know people with jobs, families, social lives etc should not be sitting in chairs and pressing buttons? Dreakon's second post really summed it up. Gaming is not an anti social tool unless you let it be.

For me, I'll continue to be a gamer until I cannot. There will always be various levels of how dedicated I become depending on the circumstances, but that doesn't mean I'll give it up. As for being social, back in the day, you used video games to do this. Everyone visited their friends to play local coop or take turns on their Atari, Nes, or SNES. Today's games very seldom allow for local coop and hves instead been driven towards online play which is not half as fun as playing with a friend whose sitting on the couch next to you.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    So I guess thousands of fathers and mothers, you know people with jobs, families, social lives etc should not be sitting in chairs and pressing buttons? Dreakon's second post really summed it up. Gaming is not an anti social tool unless you let it be.
    Still missing the point.

For people who game while also dealing with their family and social lives, along with their career, all the more to them. But for me, I don't really want to balance all of it. Entertainment is a big part of my life now because I have the time for it. I don't want to be someone who comes home from work, says hello to his missus, and then goes off to play the latest Uncharted until midnight. It isn't a priority of mine, or at least I don't see it being one in the future when I don't have nearly as much time on my hands.

Granted, this is a generalization. Some people know how to balance their time better than I do. I just think that when I meet someone special, get that job I want, I want to put all of my focus and energy into those things. That's just me.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I gamed a little bit when I was a kid. I remember the Christmas when my dad bought us our very first gaming system, an Atari 2600. Then in my high school years if I gamed, it was at the arcades whenever a date took me there. In college and immediately afterwards, there was no time for gaming. My real life was taking off and I barely had time to do much it seemed. Now, I've got a good job and can afford to buy extra things like gaming systems and the games to go with them. So really, my gaming has taken off more now being older than when I was a kid. It's so much fun and relaxing so no, I doubt I'll ever quit.

illegal in 9 countries

Granted, this is a generalization. Some people know how to balance their time better than I do. I just think that when I meet someone special, get that job I want, I want to put all of my focus and energy into those things. That's just me.
    Like any hobby, pastime or sport Jack, it's entirely possible.

I manage to drag my sorry arse to the gym, run a business, play with three kids, take them to sport or play dates, give my wife the time of day, pay the bills, mow the lawn, sneak in 2 or 3 hours of gaming a day / read a book / watch the idiot box...depending on my mood, and visit family and friends on the weekend.

Granted, rest and relaxation is nowhere near the priority it used to be, especially with three kids aged 3 or less, but I can easily get away with 20 hours a week of gaming without neglecting any of my higher priorities by playing late at night when everyone else has gone to bed.

As an adult, life balance is incredibly important for mental health. Focusing too heavily on one aspect or another, be it work, girlfriend or hobby, is a recipe for anxiety and depression. As a sufferer of both, I use exercise and gaming to stave them off, to shut out my everyday concerns and frankly, to spend a bit of time by myself. If you're an introvert (many gamers are) and don't mind your own company, you'll need that time alone to unwind.

To answer the OP - as long as I have two good eyes in my head and opposable digits on my hands, I'll be a gamer.

I'll also continue to read books, surf the web, watch TV, listen to music, throw metal objects around a gym and go shopping...none of which are any different to gaming as time-sinks and none of which should be considered a waste of time because of the attached mental health benefits. We can't be "ON" 100% of the time...it's unsustainable and unhealthy. Switch off, relax and don't feel guilty about it, no matter your birthdate.

Platinum Procrastinator

I don't want to be someone who comes home from work, says hello to his missus, and then goes off to play the latest Uncharted until midnight. It isn't a priority of mine, or at least I don't see it being one in the future when I don't have nearly as much time on my hands.

That still gives you a good seven hours a day to do all of the above seeing as the average work day consists of 8-9 hours. Factoring in 8 hours of sleep. When people land a good job, very few of them want to bring it home with them, meaning once they're off the clock they want to unwind. As for the missus, I'd like to see the man that spends all of his free time wanting to do stuff with her. After awhile, you're going to need some "me time" and gaming is a great way to unwind and relax just like reading a book or watching television.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well i don't really know actually. I started with gaming since i was 8 years old but me stoping with gaming? No way, maybe i'll slow down once i get olde and older but for now i'm not planning to stop lol. When i reach 70 years i still try to play videogames, i mean what else can i do once i'm that old hahaha. Just sitting in my couch and playing videpgames, drinking thea or redbull.

IF YOU ARE NEUTRAL IN SITUATIONS OF INJUSTICE, YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE SIDE OF THE OPPRESSOR.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think I will always continue playing games but maybe not as much as I use to probably just cut back to a couple hrs a day here and there.

Level 5 Esper

I will take intermittent breaks from intense gaming especially on console, but definitely not on handhelds. Sometimes playing too much just burns you out after a while.
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    I think I probably will. It might not necessarily be as often as now. I am sure that in my later years it will be cut down to a couple hours a week but I don't see myself ever fully giving it up. Unless I lose my arms...that could kind of put a damper on it I guess
    no way just get used to using your toes. hell i do this sometimes already when im trying to get a trophy that requires two players

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    That still gives you a good seven hours a day to do all of the above seeing as the average work day consists of 8-9 hours. Factoring in 8 hours of sleep. When people land a good job, very few of them want to bring it home with them, meaning once they're off the clock they want to unwind. As for the missus, I'd like to see the man that spends all of his free time wanting to do stuff with her. After awhile, you're going to need some "me time" and gaming is a great way to unwind and relax just like reading a book or watching television.
    i like to to call it "get away from me time"

PRO Member

Yes, I have and always will be a gamer. Even if the future games don't appeal to me, i still own and play all the past console games. and i definitely haven't gone thru them all.

i even work in the video game industry, so that's another added benefit that will keep me gaming.

now to find that gaming life partner lol

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I'll never give up gaming. It's something I've always done and enjoyed. As I have gotten older my hours gaming have gotten less but I only see that as a good thing because I have a good balance of gaming and don't game to much, with the current exception of the trophy comp which is taking it's toll.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123