Problem Connecting Pulse Headset Mic - Help?

This is a discussion on Problem Connecting Pulse Headset Mic - Help? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I wanted to test out the in-built microphone on the Sony Pulse Headset on the PS3, but although it works ...

Deathless Destroyer

Problem Connecting Pulse Headset Mic - Help?

I wanted to test out the in-built microphone on the Sony Pulse Headset on the PS3, but although it works when I test it from the XMB it doesn't seem to work in a game. When I go to the part of the settings where you test the sound of your voice when using the mic, I turned on the microphone and spoke, which worked fine as I heard my voice from the headphones and the level of noise went from nothing to med-high on the bar-thingy.

Then afterwards I decided to test it on a game (Call of Duty: MW2). I got to the main multiplayer screen and for the first time in over 6 years of having a PS3 I saw the mic image next to my account name. I then tried to say something, but nothing registered even after repeating random words over and over. Is there a specific thing I need to do to turn on the mic? I've never used a headphone for chatting (only word messaging) so I'm not sure.

In the lobby of matches, sometimes the mic image goes from nothing [example: D, to D))], though it only goes for half a second (interference?) but I never said anything.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

illegal in 9 countries

If it's working in the XMB, it should work in-game. Check your audio settings in MW2.

Deathless Destroyer

All of the audio in the game is turned on - I can hear random kids chatting to each other. I try and say something along the lines of "testing mic, can you guys hear me", but the mic image doesn't do anything.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

illegal in 9 countries

Silly question...is it muted?

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Silly question...is it muted?
    Check for this. I've lost track of the number of times I've yelled at my brother for his mic not working, only to find out that I'm an idiot and I've accidentally moved one of the sliders on mine. I don't have the Pulse, but I think the volume controls are similar.

Deathless Destroyer

The mic "appears" to be on when I try and test it. Since I have the Pulse headset, I can easily check through my PS3 to see what my headset is using/has on. I have all of the sliders to mid-high all the time (except BassImpact thingy which I leave at very low - medium). I haven't checked the settings in MW2 for 4-5 months, though I'm pretty sure there isn't a setting for microphones, unless the setting magically appears when I connect it?