2012's Classic HD Games

This is a discussion on 2012's Classic HD Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So, for all the people out there that love to replay classics in a new way, this article is for ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

2012's Classic HD Games

So, for all the people out there that love to replay classics in a new way, this article is for you!
    2010 and 2011 were great years for gaming, mostly for PS3! we got a lot of awesome new titles that attracted a lot of new Fans. one of the many great things of PS3 is it's Classic HD library, which contains a series of games of the last generation that were so good that they deserved a remaster! but not just a remaster, they added trophies, 16:9 resolution and 720p-1080i Image quality!

for the people that think this means the game has improved graphics, the developers did whatever they could to up the graphics, but the game was built a long time ago and would have to be a ground build to really get the PS3's graphics. they are improved though!

My question to you is: what is your favorite Classic HD game, and what do you want to see next year.
    for me personally, EA should start making Classic HD's, or just remaster the burnout franshise, I love burnout 3, improved graphics, trophy support and new online modes would make me a very happy man for years to come!

Greetings, your favorite fanboy
    twistsanny!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well my favorite HD collection is splinter cell. ppl tend to say it sucks but i love the games and i did not encounter any bugs or errors, only once the background music lagged a little. cant understand the bad reviews, i love it.

well, hd collections in the future - i'm affraid the main series are kinda exhausted. cant think of many games i'd love to see remastered. gta collection HD could be done, but i wouldnt play it since i spent so many hours on those games alrdy. jak&dexter, i wouldnt play it. same with ratched and clank. i would play fahrenheit (or "indigo prophecy" in the usa) again tho!

i dont think burnout is a good idea, i think with racing games its like soccer games - once the new one is out, why play the old one?

dont get me wrong, i love hd remakes, i just cant think of any awesome titles to come in the future.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Silent Hill: The Room. They should have put that into the SH HD collection! n00bs!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'd like to see the two PS2 Tenchu games be remastered. I've been a big fan of the series ever since the first Tenchu arrived on PS1 in 1998, and I'd buy a Tenchu HD collection on day one if it ever saw the light of day.

I'd also love to see the Conflict series (Desert Storm I & II, Global Storm, Vietnam) receive the HD treatment. My brother and I had great fun playing split-screen on those games, and I'd definitely buy them again.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

definitely the jak and daxter series, also would like to see kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on a hd collection

BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL ALWAYS BE IGNORED.
    Unless You Tell Me Why You Want To Add Me.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    I'd like to see the two PS2 Tenchu games be remastered. I've been a big fan of the series ever since the first Tenchu arrived on PS1 in 1998, and I'd buy a Tenchu HD collection on day one if it ever saw the light of day.
    ^^^^This x9000!!!^^^^ I would be so ecstatic if they were to release an HD version of Tenchu!! I still play the 1st one from Playstation!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'd love to see the Crash Bandicoot series remastered. I'd also like to see Bully for PS3 but that's impossibru, since it didn't really sell well. Sigh, such a great underrated game.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Resident PHD

Ratchet and Clank and Shadow Hearts

Get on those now

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i would like to see remastered was gta 3, vice city and san andreas, the final fantasy x and that's my wich list.
    i played a lot of games for ps2 but those are the ones that pop off rigth way

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by maggot080 View Post
    definitely the jak and daxter series, also would like to see kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on a hd collection
    Not sure if you know or not but Jak and Dexter has been confirmed. Also,i completely agree with you about Kingdom Hearts....love those games!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

a remastered GTA san andreas wouldnt be too much to ask for, would it?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jens108 View Post
    well my favorite HD collection is splinter cell. ppl tend to say it sucks but i love the games and i did not encounter any bugs or errors, only once the background music lagged a little. cant understand the bad reviews, i love it.

well, hd collections in the future - i'm affraid the main series are kinda exhausted. cant think of many games i'd love to see remastered. gta collection HD could be done, but i wouldnt play it since i spent so many hours on those games alrdy. jak&dexter, i wouldnt play it. same with ratched and clank. i would play fahrenheit (or "indigo prophecy" in the usa) again tho!

i dont think burnout is a good idea, i think with racing games its like soccer games - once the new one is out, why play the old one?

dont get me wrong, i love hd remakes, i just cant think of any awesome titles to come in the future.
    Splinter Cell isn't bad, it just doesn't fit a big enough audience.

SOOOOO many people on this site have said 'Far Cry 2 is THE worst game on PS3'.

For the same reason more or less as Splinter Cell, it's stealth-based.

But oh no, when it comes to the immensly popular cult classic *COUGH METAL GEARRRRR SOLIDCOUGH, everyone is all over it like the new kid trying to fit in.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    But oh no, when it comes to the immensly popular cult classic *COUGH METAL GEARRRRR SOLIDCOUGH, everyone is all over it like the new kid trying to fit in.
    Of course they do, afterall, it's better.

Also, no idea where you read Far Cry 2 was the worst PS3 game ever lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    a remastered GTA san andreas wouldnt be too much to ask for, would it?

Man, EVERYONE wants San Andreas, but i've yet to ask why.

I've never fully played VC, I consider it the same as all the other recent GTAs, but the reason I loved SA was because of the massive map that was mostly country, and the GANGSTAAAAAA humour.

I can only guess this is why?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Of course they do, afterall, it's better.

Also, no idea where you read Far Cry 2 was the worst PS3 game ever lol.
    Oh man, LOADS of people have said that.

And yes, MGS is far better, but doesn't mean it's entirely different from SC!

I mean, both games are practically the same, albeit, by a few details....

RAISE YER FOKKIN' STANDARDS, S'ALL I'M SAYIN' PEEPS.

The One and Only

I'm currently waiting for the Jak and Daxter Collection

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Oh man, LOADS of people have said that.

And yes, MGS is far better, but doesn't mean it's entirely different from SC!

I mean, both games are practically the same, albeit, by a few details....

RAISE YER FOKKIN' STANDARDS, S'ALL I'M SAYIN' PEEPS.
    I have, hence why I don't bother with Splinter Cell or any Tom Clancy games. Or Far Cry 2.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.