Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony Fined $395k for PSN hack

This is a discussion on Sony Fined $395k for PSN hack within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I enjoy watching you people argue over this. Your opinions are completely useless and nobody really knows what went on ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I enjoy watching you people argue over this. Your opinions are completely useless and nobody really knows what went on with both the hackers and the hackees. Keep arguing with complete strangers (and getting insulting) because all of these words will change gaming history

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    It was their fault, and your personal nformation, went god knows where, that was fucking outrageous that their where hacked
    Please point one such case, over the last two years of somebody who has had credit fraud, identity theft, or misuse of personal information since the hacking. Just one case that has been proven linked that the cause of said crimes was due to the Sony PSN hacking, and I'll go ahead and start to side with you. There have been claims by a few individuals but all of them were proven not Sony's fault, and in fact happened because of other means.

So if we were all put in danger's way, please elaborate how over 2 years later, that all of our information hasn't been jeopardized in a way that we have all had our credit and livelihood destroyed by the incident. I'd love to see some proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they painted a giant sign on themselfs that said "HACK ME YOU DUMBFUCKS" when they removed linux support on PS3.

It's like going to a biker gang and fucking with their bikes in front of their face. what do you think is going to happen?
    What an idiotic analogy. It would be like somebody going and hacking Pepsi Corp because they advertised Crystal Pepsi decades ago and they felt that they should be damaged in the public eye for discontinuing the product.

Trying to rationalize a crime, and saying it's the victim at fault - when they were the one who was encroached upon and violated, is about as ridiculous as me suing a phone manufacturer for me losing my phone, because it wasn't "lose proof."

sony didn't properly protect themselfs. they are a fucking tech company and they had outdated security.
    "themselves" and again, you're blaming the victim. It's like you saying it's the car companies fault that my car got broken into, despite the fact that it was locked; claiming that there should have been a built an alarm, chip set in the ignition, pack of rabid dogs in the trunk, and a dragon to guard it.

Sony didn't deserve any of this, and you're childish attempts at rationalizing why they did deserve it - and after the fact claim liable for all punitive damages because - is fan boyish, and makes no sense from any standpoint except that of a chronic "hater" which we've proven time and time again - that when it comes to Sony, you are the living embodiment.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

ADMlNlSTRATOR

sony didn't properly protect themselfs. they are a fucking tech company and they had outdated security.

it's their fault it was broken into. Just like it was valve's fault for having the source code leaked because they had a backdoor.
    Do you honestly expect any amount of 'up-to-date' security measures would have made a difference? The team behind the attack would have pulled this off any way you dice it.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Do you honestly expect any amount of 'up-to-date' security measures would have made a difference? The team behind the attack would have pulled this off any way you dice it.
    Sony should have had a Hungarian Horntail Dragon, of course.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    Definitely not the same scenario. Making yourself more vulnerable =/= fucking with others' stuff and asking for a beating.
    ^^^ Indeed. I seriously love these posts . Despite the best efforts to make ps3 and sony look bad, always turns into very truthful remarks and entertainment .

Hope their appeal goes good as it's not fair to be penalized so much for this.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Please point one such case, over the last two years of somebody who has had credit fraud, identity theft, or misuse of personal information since the hacking. Just one case that has been proven linked that the cause of said crimes was due to the Sony PSN hacking, and I'll go ahead and start to side with you. There have been claims by a few individuals but all of them were proven not Sony's fault, and in fact happened because of other means.

So if we were all put in danger's way, please elaborate how over 2 years later, that all of our information hasn't been jeopardized in a way that we have all had our credit and livelihood destroyed by the incident. I'd love to see some proof.

What an idiotic analogy. It would be like somebody going and hacking Pepsi Corp because they advertised Crystal Pepsi decades ago and they felt that they should be damaged in the public eye for discontinuing the product.

Trying to rationalize a crime, and saying it's the victim at fault - when they were the one who was encroached upon and violated, is about as ridiculous as me suing a phone manufacturer for me losing my phone, because it wasn't "lose proof."

"themselves" and again, you're blaming the victim. It's like you saying it's the car companies fault that my car got broken into, despite the fact that it was locked; claiming that there should have been a built an alarm, chip set in the ignition, pack of rabid dogs in the trunk, and a dragon to guard it.

Sony didn't deserve any of this, and you're childish attempts at rationalizing why they did deserve it - and after the fact claim liable for all punitive damages because - is fan boyish, and makes no sense from any standpoint except that of a chronic "hater" which we've proven time and time again - that when it comes to Sony, you are the living embodiment.
    YES!!!! and lol at the last part. . Very true. Thank you! lol.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    ^^^ Indeed. I seriously love these posts . Despite the best efforts to make ps3 and sony look bad, always turns into very truthful remarks and entertainment .

Hope their appeal goes good as it's not fair to be penalized so much for this.
    It's still somehow their fault too, I mean, when you offer services and you take your costumers info you must protect that info, not properly secured this info is betraying your costumers and in some countries, could involve legal issues, after all, we agree with PSN contract when we create our accounts and in return of that we give them our personal info which a big company like sony has to protect.

ps360 example post was wrong, there's better examples but in the meantime it's all back to sony's fault. I say it's half and half, Sony for not improving their security systems and well, letting hackers do their stuff.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Ice Cream Firefighter

All this is, is a easy way for the government to get more cash when they have nothing to fucking do with the problem.

We all received 2 games & PS+ for free & that to me was enough for me to forgive them.

Government just need to worry about real life problems the brown-nosing fucks.

Toggle Spoiler

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Sony should have had a Hungarian Horntail Dragon, of course.
    How is a fictional dragon relative to Corporational firewalls and proxy's? I doubt that would stop hackers in any way unless they decided to knock on Sony's HQ door.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Do you honestly expect any amount of 'up-to-date' security measures would have made a difference?
    yes. the hackers exploited the vunerability on a older version of the shit they used.

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    All this is, is a easy way for the government to get more cash when they have nothing to fucking do with the problem.
    Data Protection Act 1998 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The UK is pretty good at slapping the shit out of companys that screw up.

unlike the US where this shit passes by without issue.

Deathless Destroyer

Why do we go on and on about this??

If you were smart about the PSN/SEN account creations you'd have made some/most of the details made up to protect your identity..

Lvl 7 - Gold

@ PS360

and not just once...

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12