Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why did you choose Playstation?

This is a discussion on Why did you choose Playstation? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dualshock is there really another reason?...

#hashtag

Dualshock is there really another reason?

Retired

PS1 was 'the' console here. I got it and I don't regret it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Spyro for the PS1 and crash. I didn't regret getting the PS1,as their is always a lot of exclusive games and the best controller.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I got my first nintendo in 89. Then on to supernintendo, so on until the PS1. I think Sony's PS controller is what did it for me. It just feels so natural in the hand, not to mention the games, and console design are all big perks as well.

Lvl 9 - Gold

My first console was a SNES when I was like 5 or 6. I never really enjoyed it because most games were in English so I didn't understand what was going on, and I was a bit too young for complex stuff like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy.
    Then I got a PS1 for Christmas when I was about 11 (no idea why not a N64 though, but I'm not complaining). I loved my PS1 so much, and I basically learned English with it.
    I got my PS2 when I was 15 and loved it even more.

Of course I had to keep the tradition and buy myself a PS3, which I did almost 2 years ago. I've stuck with it and it's been wonderful.
    While of course I'd love to have Nintendo systems I can't afford them, but in all honesty I don't regret sticking with Sony so far. Their exclusives are the best ones in my opinion (though in this generation there haven't been many good JRPGs like in the PS1 and PS2 era). The Dualshock is perfect (the triggers a bit uncomfortable at times but I got used to it) and the online is good enough for a free service.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 4 - Silver

my aunt and uncle won a ps2, with no real desire for it, they decided to give it to me and my brother, and we've stuck with playstation ever since

Signature Created by Bladia

PRO Member

My Brother He got a ps2 and i played it and liked it so i got one then he moved up to ps3 and i eventually tried it out and started to take his over so he bought me my own I can say i was first with the vita though lol

> Restart Button <

I had a PS1, a lot of PS2s, and I like the playstation in general. The contoller is pretty awesome too.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Mini Ninja

As a kid, I loved Nintendo. I had an original NES and moved on to the SNES which had some of the best RPGs I've ever experienced (FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, etc). So when I found out that Final Fantasy was jumping ship to the PS instead of continuing on the N64, I decided to switch to Sony. FF7 may have been the reason why I joined the Sony fanbase, but thanks to a ton of other incredible games, I had no problem following up with the PS2 and now the PS3.

Legalize it...

When I was younger I got a PS1 and Ive just stayed with them...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Advantages compared to the Xbox360:

- Free online play
    - Better exclusives (only want to try Banjo Kazooie:N&B and Blue Dragon, but its not worth buying a console for just 2 games)
    - Blu-Ray compatible
    - Less defects (RRoD and damaging game-discs)
    - Making less noise

Advantages compared to the Wii:

- Less crappy games
    - Just a relaxed controller, no ''Remote'' and sensor thingy whats-o-ever
    - Better graphics
    -

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I have numerous gaming machines well over 20 but I've been a Playstation guy from about late 96 till the launch of the 360 and it had titles and new features I liked so I bought one at launch. Biggest mistake of my life and almost cost me my life literally. It over heated and caught on fire and no I did not have towels over it that is just dumb and no I only had it on for about 4 hours in the middle of my coffee table and if it was in my entertainment unit the whole unit would have gone up and spread through the whole entire apartment and since then I'm sticking with the PS3 and the SONY brand.

Sorry went on a long winding trail. Reason why:

FFVII, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Gran Turismo.

Lvl 6 - Silver

well I got the PS1 cos my friend had one since the day they came out and I liked the game "Kileak" that he had... and since N64 and Saturn were pieces of shit... I stuck with Playstation.. and since XBox came out... those have been pieces of dog shit so I stick with the best

Where The Wind Blows

LittleBigPlanet. That was the end of my days on Team Nintendo.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I loved the PS1 and have been with them ever since really. I was thinking about getting a 360 when it came out but I wasn't a fan of it's 40% RROD rate.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

in 1998 when i was 13 i saw my cousin playing FFVII , i didnt understand english very well but i was so hooked up on it that i bought it bundled with a PS1 .... and the rest is history ... BIG Final Fantasy fan and a BIG Playstation fan

I WANT TO CHANGE MY PSN ID .....

Lvl 6 - Silver

I was like 5 years old when I first saw the PS1, it was my first time playing on a console and I fell in love with it
    Some years later the PS2 was announced and I got it as a gift from my parents, since then I've been a loyal fan to Sony though latelly I am trying to play on the max number of consoles I can as in the end I am a gamer and I can't only play in a console with so many good exclusives out there hehe

In the end, Playstation has a spot in my heart that will never go away

Lvl 1 - Bronze

been with nintendo and sega growing and i went to my cousin house and he had a ps1 so i wanted one too.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I wanted a blu ray player and to be able to play games via LAN with my roommate.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I've grown up playing and owning a variety of consoles, my earliest being a Spectrum ZX . I can't remember why I opted for the PS1 way back when but it is a decision I have never regretted, absolutely love it

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast