Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why did you choose Playstation?

This is a discussion on Why did you choose Playstation? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My brother was the one who played all the games when I was real young. When I was old enough ...

JE9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze

My brother was the one who played all the games when I was real young. When I was old enough to actually understand video games I would sit on the edge of the bed with him and watch him play. When he wasn't around I would try for myself. He has a huge collection of titles, so my choices were just about unlimited. When he moved out of my parents he left me the system but had sold just about all his games. It was when the PS2 came out that I got all into it myself. I have a huge collection of titles thanks to my parents getting them from pawn shops. There was at time when there was a Xbox in the house, but it felt too complecated for me. I felt molded to the Playstation so I guess you can say that I neve changed my path.

PRO Member

Grew up 100% on Nintendo devices all the way up to the Gamecube before I grabbed a PS3. The Wii wasn't really next-gen, and the straight up retardation of paying Microsoft money to unlock features of a game I already bought (online access) didn't make any sense what-so-ever, so I went with the PS3.

Still bought a 360 to play around with it, yet returned it for a refund within 30 days because it was a joke. I also owned a Wii, yet also ended up selling that, as the waggling just ended up being annoying and hindered the enjoyment of any gameplay.

I won't be picking up either a PS4 or 720 around release. I'll probably wait until there's little to no releases I'm interested in on the PS3.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLYON_-_ View Post
    Blu-Ray
    Free online play
    Looked cooler
    Games
    Free online play is the main reason I bought it and most of my gaming was on the play-station. First being PS One, then PS2, and currently PS3. Soon to be playing on that PS4 tho.

Ghost Assassin

Well, The first console I played on was the N64; my friend had it and I always went to his house. Later he got an Xbox I couldn't really get used to the controls. Then eventually I got my first console, the PS1! After that I just liked the ps brand of consoles more. I got my ps2 pretty late, like 2005. I got it because it had a lot of great games and was the most popular choice. I then got the ps3 in 2008, because it had a lot of high tech features compared to the Xbox and the Xbox had horrible failure rates at the time. Overall, I just trust the Sony ps brand, since they always make a good product.

Lvl 6 - Silver

My third game system was the PS1. The controller looked cool and the graphics for the games looked awesome. Years later I brought a PS2 since I was able to play PS1 games again. When I heard about the PS3 I just knew I needed one.

Bob 'n' Becca

Well I had always wanted a ps1 when it was hot, but I never got around to getting it. I had a GameCube but all the resident evils weren't on it and that's probably why I went for ps2. I would've stayed with ps2 (and GameCube and dreamcast) were it not for the fact the my ps2 was failing me and I had been exposed to ps3 through my cousin. It wasn't my first time playing on one, but I was unemployed at the time and I figured it would be a great way to kill time as well as an irresponsible way to spend an unemployment check.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It all start with Nintendo when I was young... Got the PS1 which I feel in love with. Later on got a PS2 late 2009 sold it due to no more games I liked were being made for it. Tried the xbox 360 just couldn't get used to it... hated the controller didn't feel natural and the exclusive games wasn't great, So I picked up a preonwed PS3 recently and I am in love once again... PlayStation all the way 4 me!!!

ONLINE PLAY: Little Big Planet 2, Little Big Planet Karting, Grand Turismo 5, Call Of Duty MW3, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Black Ops 2, Killzone 3
    PSN ID: Extremeauto85

Lvl 5 - Silver

I got it because it is able to play bluray and it has amazing games.

Sig by Bladia

La Mano de Dios

I've been owner of PSone, PS2, PSP and now PS3 and PS Vita, and so far I haven't felt disappointed at all except for some Sony tightness in the gaming and storage format for the handhelds. I think Sony offers quality and sometimes you got to pay more to get it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My parents gave me the first playstation present for christmas when i was 8 years old or so. The first game i played was Gekido with my brother (fighting game). Since then i became addicted and never stoped. A few years later PS2 came out.

Venire, Videre, Vince

It was the next console after NES, that I choose over XBox, playing on PSOne, PS2, + PS3. I really wish they make Tenchu, for PS3, had all the games in the PS2. Aside from that I'm a big fan of Sony almost 90% of my electronics are Sony, only thing I don't have is a Vita so I can live la vida loca! !!!!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I had a Wii already, but gradually got bored because there weren't many games I was interested in; and the ones that I was interested in, were mostly complete letdowns (e.g. Mad World).

So it was a choice between the PS3 and Xbox. The PS3's blu-ray drive and the bad press with the XBox's "Red Ring of Death" (RROD) made my decision quite an easy one... Even if it was between the Xbox 360 Slim (which just came out a few months after I bought the PS3 Slim) that solved all of the RROD problems, I probably would have still gone with the PS3 just for the blu-ray drive.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 7 - Gold

My friend down the street had an N64, so I chose PSX to cover our bases. That was the only time I had a choice, now I get it a system because I want the exclusives.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm big into Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, the whole Square-Enix thing, and PlayStation has been the way to go with that since Final Fantasy VII. Sure, some of the newest Final Fantasy are on Xbox 360, but I'd rather have the features of the PS3 anyway.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

playstation wasn't my first console, already had that dinossaur zx spectrum and commodore 64, then NES,SNES, mega drive xD then back in 94 i didnt hadn't a special reason i just like any other gamer was curious and was the next gen...... since 94 i've on total 5 playstations (normal and slims) along with sega saturn, N64, dreamcast......... didnt liked xbox looked ugly as hell!! funny thing is i just didn't bought xbox360 back on the day and got ps3 instead for the simple fact as......... "pay for play online, are you fuckin kidding me?" xD so i got ps3, free online...... well i currently have ps+ but i get a ton of stuff in return from games to never worry with check for updates and game patches aaaaaaaaaah feels good being lazy xD

Lvl 4 - Silver

Back in the 90s i was pretty much a Nintendo Gamer throught out my childhood. Owning almost all Nintendo consoles and handles. Then few years later my mom got me the first Playstation i was not hook then not until i bought the PS2 original then the Slim after my original broke down. Funny thing is it was between Xbox or PS2 my sister told me her friends cousin Xbox was puffing smoke for long gaming and i know i play a lot so that made me chose PS2. For there on out i was smooth sailing until i bought the PS3 Slim (was pretty busy and never got around to buy a PS3 original not until i heard of the YLOD so that made me not want to get one) and im glad i waited. I had a feeling there was going to be a Slim, oh ya i also own a PSP 1st Gen

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I had a sega genesis growing up. Why as an adult I suddenly bought a ps3 and got hooked on gaming i really don't know. It keeps me out of trouble at least.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Metal.
    Gear.
    Solid.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

Resident Evil (Director's cut) + PS 1 never looked back, then i bought Game Cube just to play Resident Evil games, then PS 2 obviously with Silent Hill 2, bought second hand Xbox 360 just to try Halo now it's collecting dust in the cupboard. Then finally PS3 arrived wow - big , shiny, free online play,
    what more do you want? then it overheated because off the extensive usage (killzone 2) and after quite a few re-flow operations it's finally dead, so PS3 slim has arrived, two of them actually . And between all of that PSP and PS Vita casually made their way to my home as well. Thank you Sony!

PRO Member

Growing up we had Sony product in the house (TV, Walkman) so I knew the name. I was a Nintendo/Sega owner but I loved the tech of the PS1. Fell in love with Resident Evil, Spyro and Crash. PS2 was all about JRPG exclusives. PS3 is just a quality system and a great bluray/DVD player.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast