GTA V mission details, character switching and open world heists

This is a discussion on GTA V mission details, character switching and open world heists within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The more I hear, the more I am i trigues by the game. I haven't played a GTA in forever. ...

PRO Member

GTA V mission details, character switching and open world heists

The more I hear, the more I am i trigues by the game. I haven't played a GTA in forever.

Dutch gaming website GameKings managed to get some face time with Rockstar Games' Dan Houser to talk about Grand Theft Auto V. They've posted up their findings on a video to describe all they learned about the game during their trip to the studio.

GTA fans have since translated the video feature into English, with some new details about the game and some clarifications about what the press saw at an event recently held by the studio.

According to the feature, Houser confirmed that the scene in which press members who witnessed a gameplay demo of GTA V can see Michael sitting by the pool isn't a cutscene, but a playable section of the game. Likewise, the mission showcased to the press was real gameplay, and not a scripted sequence. Neither of these scenes have been shown to the public as of yet, and should not be confused with the game's second trailer.

Each character approaches a mission through different means. For example, Michael and Trevor approach the mission by helicopter, while Franklin gets there on his motorbike.

The game's switching mechanism gives players an indicator for each and every protagonist on the zoomed out map, which you can switch between. It switches between the game's three protagonists, Michael, Franklin and Trevor. The system is unscripted, so you'll be able to switch to these characters throughout the game. This differs from Heavy Rain's linear narrative, which forces players into the roles of the different protagonists throughout the story.

In line with GTA V's free-form gameplay, players will be able to perform heists and hijackings by following armored vans (displayed as money symbols on the map) and take the money for themselves. It's not too different from Red Dead Redemption in that sense.

Both Michael and Trevor are former bankrobbers with criminal pasts, and the much younger Franklin sees them as anti-role models.

Rockstar is said to have done a lot of research on the LAPD, and San Quentin State Prison. Presumably, these real life places will have analogues within Los Santos.

You can watch the original video at GameKings if you can understand the language.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Carpe Diem

They need to announce a collector's edition already

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 8 - Gold

Am I the only one who would like to play as just one character instead of 3?

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Yep, I can see myself sticking to just the one character too.

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Yep, I can see myself sticking to just the one character too.
    Me too.If it hasnt a trophy to do something with all the characters
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Me too.If it hasnt a trophy to do something with all the characters
    Cock... didn't think of that

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Apart from everyone who agrees... Yes. Yes you are. Have faith man. I haven't stroked Rockstars dick for the past 12 years for nothing. Everything they do is gold. 3 characters will be awesome, cause it'll be done right. I promise. If not. I'll cry and end it all.
    Watch me on the Tubes: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wishicouldgame
    Follow me on the Twitters: https://twitter.com/JOExistence

arrghhargahragharahg

I like 1 character better as well, Possible Co-op????

That would be nice!!

I am Definitely getting this game!
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Having multiple characters could be the reason why this game will be even better than the rest, though.
    I trust Rockstar, and I KNOW they would only do something like this because they're sure it will be a breakthrough experience. GTAIV kinda introduced multiple characters with the friend system, and to be honest I always wanted to play as Little Jacob or Brucie and learn more about them.

And if it doesn't work, well, you can always stick to one char, but I doubt it'll be possible.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Up the Irons!

No, but at least we aren't forced to play as all of them. Although I will play as each one because I will definitely do multiple playthroughs.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 7 - Gold

Not reading anything about this game, so i can go in expecting a amazing shitload of fucking awesome fun.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]