Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

100 Greatest Villians

This is a discussion on 100 Greatest Villians within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For the record, I did not come up with this list. Just something I found and figured it would start ...

PRO Member

100 Greatest Villians

For the record, I did not come up with this list. Just something I found and figured it would start some debating. Anyone on the list that shouldn't be? Someone missing? Or is some rated tok high/low?

Note: This list does contain spoilers. Just so you know.

Toggle Spoiler

Here is the link to the list. The writer gives their reasoning for having said character on the list. Just like the note above, be forewarned that a game could be spoiled if you haven't played it as some villians don't show themselves immediately.

100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 10 - Platinum

without even looking i knew sephiroth was numero uno

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    without even looking i knew sephiroth was numero uno
    Yep, wasn't even suprised at all. Alright Ganon made # 3. Woot!

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Yep, wasn't even suprised at all. Alright Ganon made # 3. Woot!
    I was actually surprised he was that high and ahead of Bowser. Very happy. Also glad to see Dark Link made it as well.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

> Restart Button <

Yeah Dark Link was a pretty BA adversary and Bowser is an OG villian but I don't think he's all that and a bag of chips. Just a classic villian.

EDIT
    WOAH WOAH WOAH... How is Fatman higher up than Vamp? WTH Well it's just a list.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Labels

Not a bad list. I feel Albert Wesker, Vaas, and Raul Menendez should be higher up.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Perfecting since 1996

I think Andrew Ryan should be higher and Physco Mantis should be number 1 obviously That was cool that the Origami Killer was in the Top 50

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

I am really surprised the giant baby from Zombies made the list

Labels

Strange that they have Goro but no Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Lvl 5 - Silver

Top five are definitly right!

Sig by Bladia

Kiwi Defender

I agree with pretty much most of them (the Baby included, since I loathed that giant thing), and my only complaint would be Messi being there. He hardly fits the definition of a villain lol, not to mention you're not obliged to play aginst him and his team, so it's rather pointless.

If they had t include someone/something from FIFA, it should be the refs.

One thing, though. They give too much credit to minor villains like Hojo and Rufus (to mention a few), yet don't give enough spotlight to Gary "Motherfucking" Oak .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sephiroth number 1? Honestly? Because he went Emo, killed Aeries and tried to decimate the world with a meteor that took forever to come? Yeah that totally sounds fitting. Then there's Bowser, it's the dudes destiny to be curb stomped by Mario. Every time he kidnaps Peach, he always ends up with his ass kicked.

And Jon Irenicus ain't even on this list.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Sephiroth number 1? Honestly? Because he went Emo, killed Aeries and tried to decimate the world with a meteor that took forever to come? Yeah that totally sounds fitting. Then there's Bowser, it's the dudes destiny to be curb stomped by Mario. Every time he kidnaps Peach, he always ends up with his ass kicked.

And Jon Irenicus ain't even on this list.
    Doom is just butthurt he's nowhere to be found on the list, yet a lame Marvel villain like Electro is.

Kidding aside, I get where you're coming from (even though the "emo" comment is rather ignorant), but you ought to recognize he's easily one of the most well-known characters of all time. Regardless of him being the best character FFVII has to offer and him being a good villain, his overall lasting impact (which leads to him being one of the most overrated characters ever) will always result on him toping all kinds of charts, and in the end, "top 100" character lists usually end up becoming a quasi popularity contest, hence why lame-os like Bowser and Mario always end up in them.

I do not necessarilly agree to him being the best villain ever (that's very subjective), but to neglect such a lasting and well-written character from the top spots would be wrong as well.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Where are the dark cave Zubats?

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Bowser was pretty evil always taking away the princess from mario.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Not a bad list. Glad to see Radec up there, albeit near the beginning. GLaDOS is probably deserving of a higher position alongside Vaas.
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanMunozLopez95 View Post
    Bowser was pretty evil always taking away the princess from mario.
    Or was Mario trying to take the princess away from Bowser?

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I agree with pretty much most of them (the Baby included, since I loathed that giant thing), and my only complaint would be Messi being there. He hardly fits the definition of a villain lol, not to mention you're not obliged to play aginst him and his team, so it's rather pointless.

If they had t include someone/something from FIFA, it should be the refs.

One thing, though. They give too much credit to minor villains like Hojo and Rufus (to mention a few), yet don't give enough spotlight to Gary "Motherfucking" Oak .

I'd hazard a guess it's to do with online play for Messi as in FIFA and PES every talent free gimp picks Barcelona like they were the only team in history.
    Oh and Gary is a proper little shitbag!

my top Villians would probably be

1- Liquid/Revolver Ocelot ( MGS ): My favourite game character for being such a sneaky, conniving, loony, cackling, badass.
    2- Dr Robotnik ( Sonic ): The first Boss i remember facing, bless his limited plotting abilties!
    3- Nemesis ( Resident Evil 3 ): Yeah, he's a monster but one with a Voorhees complex, won't die, keeps coming back.
    4- Seifer ( FFVIII ): If you want a weaselly snivelling arrogant cock of a sorta villian, Seifer is the guy for you. Sephiroth?... Please.
    5- Shiva ( Streets Of Rage 2 ): The bane of my youth, as a young un, i dreaded getting to face him cos he kicked the snot out of me time and again.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Not exactly what I expected. I'll have to Youtube this Sephitioth guy.. to see if he's worthy.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I'd hazard a guess it's to do with online play for Messi as in FIFA and PES every talent free gimp picks Barcelona like they were the only team in history.
    Oh and Gary is a proper little shitbag!
    But again, you're not forced to play against him, and you can use him yourself. That alone means he can't be a villain, and even then, that'd mean Ronaldo would be a very mean villain as well, just like Iniesta, Xavi, Robben, Rooney and any Virtual Pro lol.

That's why he's awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Not exactly what I expected. I'll have to Youtube this Sephitioth guy.. to see if he's worthy.
    >Hasn't played FFVII.
    >Is on a PS3 forum.

What's wrong with you ?

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Doom is just butthurt he's nowhere to be found on the list, yet a lame Marvel villain like Electro is.

Kidding aside, I get where you're coming from (even though the "emo" comment is rather ignorant), but you ought to recognize he's easily one of the most well-known characters of all time. Regardless of him being the best character FFVII has to offer and him being a good villain, his overall lasting impact (which leads to him being one of the most overrated characters ever) will always result on him toping all kinds of charts, and in the end, "top 100" character lists usually end up becoming a quasi popularity contest, hence why lame-os like Bowser and Mario always end up in them.

I do not necessarilly agree to him being the best villain ever (that's very subjective), but to neglect such a lasting and well-written character from the top spots would be wrong as well.
    Electro?! Doom is no third rate Spider Man reject!

Well he went from being a happy little soldier and what not, found out he was used blah blah blah and then started writing pain poetry which resulted in his meteor summoning. I digress, I agree that he's easily one of the most recognizable villains that has come out fairly recently but I still believe others are more deserving on the list based on what little Sephiroth accomplished is all.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast