Eternal Sonata

This is a discussion on Eternal Sonata within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Gem of a game with one major flaw-- no trophy support for PS3. I don't suppose there's any way to ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Eternal Sonata

Gem of a game with one major flaw-- no trophy support for PS3. I don't suppose there's any way to petition to have it added? Xbox 360 version has Achievements, but I think PS3 one didn't get it because it was a "launch" title and they didn't have the PlayStation Network at the time.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Gem of a game with one major flaw-- no trophy support for PS3. I don't suppose there's any way to petition to have it added? Xbox 360 version has Achievements, but I think PS3 one didn't get it because it was a "launch" title and they didn't have the PlayStation Network at the time.
    PSN wasn't around? It's been around since the launch of the PS3. The reason why it does not have trophies is cause trophies were not introduced until around late 2008. Eternal Sonata was not a launch title either the game came out almost a year into the PS3 life span. If all PS3 games end up getting trophy support then there would be a mad grab for older titles and I totally agree with you that Eternal Sonata is a gem.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Oh, okay. I wasn't exactly familiar with the details-- I just figured that it was PlayStation Network that wasn't around and not Trophies.

Yeah, I agree, Eternal Sonata is worth a play, Trophies or not, but I suspect there are some that would probably just pass it straight up simply because it doesn't have them, or worse, go for the Xbox 360 version, even though they're getting much less of a story, a less challenging game, and much less features.