Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How often do you demo a game before playing?

This is a discussion on How often do you demo a game before playing? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have a bad habit of not demoing games. Most of the time it is because I know I want ...

PRO Member

How often do you demo a game before playing?

I have a bad habit of not demoing games. Most of the time it is because I know I want the game regardless of anything I read or hear and other times it is just due to not thinking about it. What about you all?
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

If it's a game I'm very interested in, then as soon as it's available I download and play the demo. If there's no demo at all, then I wait for a bunch of reviews, and videos of gameplay, then see if it's worth buying. Most of the time, I wait for a price drop then I'll pick up whatever game that I was waiting on.

Inactive

Like Kidson said if I'm very interested in a game and there's a demo up I'll download it and play it. If not then I just watch gameplay videos and reviews to see if its worth it.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Saints Row IV

I don't ever play demos.If i think i like a game,i buy it.Simple enough
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 4 - Silver

Can't recall the last time I did so. Very rarely, if ever. Though if I know of a demo for upcoming came that I'm planning to get anyway, I'd certainly be interested in playing it.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Sometimes I play the demo if it's available, sometimes I don't. And now that I have an incredibly huge backlog, I'll wait on price drops It gives me time to clear the backlog somewhat.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Like Kidson said if I'm very interested in a game and there's a demo up I'll download it and play it. If not then I just watch gameplay videos and reviews to see if its worth it.
    Same here but lately the only demo i downloaded was Dead space 3. Rarely download demos these days

Up the Irons!

Very rarely, for the same reasons as you.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Chocobo Master

Depends on the type of game. If it's a sports then I will download the demo so I can see what to expect, if it's a RPG then I will download the demo to see if that certain game is worth it but if it's a must have (rarely happens) I don't touch the demo.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Banned

Pretty much never, if I want to try something I'll either rent it from Gamefly or buy it if it interests me enough.

Lvl 9 - Gold

If I'm interested in a game then by the time it's out I would have read and watched enough stuff to know if I want it or not. This is of course in the case there's no demo available. if there is one then it's really helpful to know if I do want to get the game right away (usually not the case) or wait till it's cheap.

When I got my PS1 ages ago I didn't have many games so the demo discs that came with magazines were really neat. I played them A LOT. Now with PS3 it's similar, I download 90% of the demos that come out and they're very helpful when making a purchasing decision. I wish every game had a demo.
    I've actually bought games I didn't know about (or had no particular interest on) based on the demos, like El Shaddai (great game, beautiful but short), Castle Crashers, Resistance 3, ModNation Racers, and now Metal Gear Rising.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

That Southern B****

I rarely do demos as the demo is usually one of the earliest parts of the game and have nothing new to see. On occassion I do the demos that give you things like ME3 and KOA since I will eventually be playing those games.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For me it depends on the game... If its a game I'm unsure about and there's a demo available I'll give it a blast if it's a game I really want then I won't bother and wait for release.

INTJ

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Rarely, but I played the Demo of Dead Space 3 and can honestly say I'm so ready for this game!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

WHO DAT!!!!

i never play demos because i do not want to ruin the opening of the case, the smell of new plastic and then putting in the game that ive waited months to play!!!!

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    If it's a game I'm very interested in, then as soon as it's available I download and play the demo. If there's no demo at all, then I wait for a bunch of reviews, and videos of gameplay, then see if it's worth buying. Most of the time, I wait for a price drop then I'll pick up whatever game that I was waiting on.
    This^

There was this one time I paid $50 for a game, but that was ages ago...I usually buy games in the $20-30 section, with an exception to Guitar Hero
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, [I]120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB Ordered/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Youtube Channel

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Rangers F.C

Depends on the game , if its new I will most likely try the demo , if there is one lol , if its a franchise e.g like Dead Space that I already like then I won't play the demo so I don't ruin the story .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

arrghhargahragharahg

Rarely,

Some games, like GTA V, don't need a demo.
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Grandmasterpiece

It depends on the game. If I'm interested and it's one of those demos that comes months early then I'll try it. If it's a game I'm just overall interested in, and I don't have the money for it etc., I'll probably test the demo first for a taste.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

No Game No Life

I play the demos of the games I l am looking forward to just to see how the gameplay works and so that I can try it out myself instead of just watching videos. I recently downloaded Dead Space 3 and MRG: Revengeance demos

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast