GTA creator Rockstar open to futuristic/sci-fi settings

This is a discussion on GTA creator Rockstar open to futuristic/sci-fi settings within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Not really sure how this would work but it would be interesting to see if they went this route Would ...

PRO Member

GTA creator Rockstar open to futuristic/sci-fi settings

Not really sure how this would work but it would be interesting to see if they went this route

Would you like to see a GTA game in sci-fi environment and surrounding and futuristic setting?, well Rockstar Games has not objections to a GTA game set in future until and unless it do good justification to the series.

In a recent interview to French site Ecrans (translated by OXM), Rockstar head Dan Houser was quizzed about possibility of a futuristic GTA game. To this he replied, "We will do it the very second we have an idea,"

"One of our strengths is the consistency of the game world. We’re not necessarily the best writers in the world, but we know how to write a video game."

Houser further went on to explained, "When we decided to make a Western, it was because we knew we had something to say,"

"We have no interest in going into science fiction for the sake of flying cars and laser guns. The best science fiction stories are those that speak about the human condition. So while this idea is very tempting and, by definition, anything’s possible in a videogame, we lack the essential thing for the moment: a good reason."

Well in my opinion, GTA game in futuristic setting would be an awesome idea. We all know what Rockstar is capable of doing, and so they could definitely come off with this one as well and show their extra creative side. Seriously saying, Rockstar Games could set a new dimension in gaming industry with GTA game in future.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Personally I'd love this. I don't see it happening anytime soon but I hope it does happen eventually

Up the Irons!

I never really thought of a sci-fi GTA. I like that even though they are tempted, they still won't make one until they have a good idea.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    I never really thought of a sci-fi GTA. I like that even though they are tempted, they still won't make one until they have a good idea.
    They definitely got my respect just from saying that. I don't want the gaming industry to turn into the movie industry....Saw 41, Fast & The Furious: We are just going to make cars go fast or Die Hard on the Moon. Just because you know yo can sell a game based on name, doesn't mean you should.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    Fast & The Furious: We are just going to make cars go fast
    Oi, leave Fast and Furious alone. Fast cars and sexy women are always going to be awesome

But yeh, Call of Duty: Black Warfare 23 is just round the corner as it is..

Lvl 4 - Silver

Rockstar wars? hell yeah why not
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

-i- love myself.

That would actually be pretty cool, hopefully they do implement this that you would bring something new to the table.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Would NOT like a GTA game set in the future, but would definitely love to see a "post-apocalyptic" survival game made by Rockstar, not necessarily realistic but without the mutants and stuff (too much Fallout, Rage, etc already).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Would NOT like a GTA game set in the future, but would definitely love to see a "post-apocalyptic" survival game made by Rockstar, not necessarily realistic but without the mutants and stuff (too much Fallout, Rage, etc already).
    I could get into this. More like Walking Dead type setting without the zombies. More just fighting off bands of hoodlums and gangs and the like.

Rangers F.C

This would be an awesome idea, if done properly . The best foundation to build on would be this movie , the film is class and cheesy but the future city is fucking awesome

Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

INTJ

do it already

i would love a blade runner GTA and no one has ever done a futuristic open world properly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Then Go Buy a Xbox

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/23...ssion-pax-east

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    do it already

i would love a blade runner GTA and no one has ever done a futuristic open world properly yet.

Then Go Buy a Xbox

State Of Decay: Hands On "Zombie Killing" Impression - PAX East - IGN Video
    That game looks good but the graphics are very poor