Controller suggestion

This is a discussion on Controller suggestion within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well, today my one and only controller for my PS3 was damaged (the right triggers are pretty much gone, and ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Controller suggestion

Well, today my one and only controller for my PS3 was damaged (the right triggers are pretty much gone, and the black bit holding that section together was snapped) so I have a problem. Can it be fixed? Or would it be better to just get a new controller.

Oh and I do not want another controller of the same official sort An accident that would have left my 360 controller pretty much not harmed, damaged my ps3 controller too easily. So, any recommendations for different controllers if it'd be the cheaper option compared to getting it fixed?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hmmm, this is funny...kind of. I was thinking of starting a thread asking people about their favorite style of controller. Anyway, whatever controller you get I would stick with a Sony brand controller! Try a gamestop, you should be able to find a used dual shock for $35-ish. A non dual shock may be $10 cheaper than that. Stay away from off brands, they aren't Bluetooth, they are WIRELESS with a USB sensor (Madkatz brand is famous for this!). The wireless controller seem to lag with button response! There are almost always sales on new controllers, may I recommend the blue ones?!?!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I had this in mind: http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerA-Pro-E...844177&sr=1-19

I'm not sure though

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks like an X-Box wannabe controller! It's wireless, so it will have a wireless receiver for the USB. I had a Madkatz "MW2" controller like that. It was really crappy, it had terrible controller lag! I say stick with SONY brand!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredImages View Post
    Looks like an X-Box wannabe controller! It's wireless, so it will have a wireless receiver for the USB. I had a Madkatz "MW2" controller like that. It was really crappy, it had terrible controller lag! I say stick with SONY brand!
    I have the same, never experienced any controller lag. Also, there are unofficial controllers that are bluetooth that run just as good as sony controllers which I do prefer since they are cheap. I'm done buying Sony brand controllers. The Ps3 remotes are total SHIT.

PRO Member

See I am the opposite I wont buy any brand but sony when it comes to the controllers, Logitech made some good controllers in there time not sure if they make any for the PS3 but you get what you pay for imo

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    See I am the opposite I wont buy any brand but sony when it comes to the controllers, Logitech made some good controllers in there time not sure if they make any for the PS3 but you get what you pay for imo
    I have 3 logitech controllers that still work great for the ps3. Only 1 problem, you can't really access the PS button through them lol. But the fact that they work is what I like and want. I have 5 broken Sony controllers. They are usable, but they are broken one way or another and for a Sony product, it bothers me. My Ps1 and Ps2 controllers still work perfectly, yet a ps3 remote can't last a year without some problem happening? No ty.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    That's not a bad controller, but the only problem I had/have with it is that it's not precise enough because of the analog sticks. That said I don't think I've ever experienced a 3rd party controller that are par with Sony's analog sticks.

Lvl 9 - Gold

My friend has bought controllers off eBay, modded and regular from different, reliable sources.

I don't know the people, but if you look up cheap PS3 controllers that are self-made (They are exactly the same as Official ones, except the PS button logo may be replaced, and the plastic is different), literally at 15, and they are the exact same quality as regular ones, just cheaper for better sales, really.

Just try eBay, some of the people are really good suppliers, and offer free parts to customers who have issues!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    My friend has bought controllers off eBay, modded and regular from different, reliable sources.

I don't know the people, but if you look up cheap PS3 controllers that are self-made (They are exactly the same as Official ones, except the PS button logo may be replaced, and the plastic is different), literally at 15, and they are the exact same quality as regular ones, just cheaper for better sales, really.

Just try eBay, some of the people are really good suppliers, and offer free parts to customers who have issues!
    That's exactly what I was referring to. And 1 of the controllers I got the analogs only had 8 directions instead of full 360... I never noticed it till I played a FPS with it lol...

Crocodile Hunter

you could always get an official sony PS3 controller thats $100 in Australia -.-

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    you could always get an official sony PS3 controller thats $100 in Australia -.-

FUCKING HELL!!!! I already knew you poor Aussies suffer, but it's still difficult to accept everytime you see evidence of it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

$100You'd certainly think twice before slamming it down during a game rage

Revelations 19:16

I STILL have my original controller from launch! And it probably still has about 90% functionality. The left analog tends to pull to the right but is still together.

I want that Urban Camo controller.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Black Queen Style

If you don't have a sony controller then you're a combo saving hack! joke joke.

Seriously, if I could change one thing... longer battery life.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ShindaUsagi View Post
    If you don't have a sony controller then you're a combo saving hack! joke joke.

Seriously, if I could change one thing... longer battery life.

..........seriously? You choose battery over price?

At least it goes for a day's worth, the fucking Wii remote runs on BATTERIES, what a piss-take.

Black Queen Style

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    ..........seriously? You choose battery over price?

At least it goes for a day's worth, the fucking Wii remote runs on BATTERIES, what a piss-take.
    It's a 'what have you done for me lately' thing for me. I'm still using my original controllers. Of course if i were going through controllers like tic~tacs I might change my stance XD