Did the PSN downtime in 2011 affect trophies earned during then?

This is a discussion on Did the PSN downtime in 2011 affect trophies earned during then? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I played through AC: Brotherhood during the downtime, so I didn't get my trophies synced for Sequences 4-9 because that ...

Angel of Death

Did the PSN downtime in 2011 affect trophies earned during then?

I played through AC: Brotherhood during the downtime, so I didn't get my trophies synced for Sequences 4-9 because that was on my old PS3, but I decided to get those last trophies for the Plat, but they won't pop. How do I fix this?

PRO Member

I didn't have any issues syncing once PSN came back up. The fact that you never synced them means that you will have to play through to get those trophies unless you can sync those gotten trophies back to the server. Only reason I know this is due to switching data from one PS3 to another while playing MOH:Frontline. I never got the trophies until I synced my old PS3 to the servers.

Hope this answers your question
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Deathless Destroyer

Not that I know of - the trophies earned are stored in the system memory and hard-drive, via the user. Unless you completely format the PS3, it should stay there until the above or in the very unlikely event of trophy corruption (if there even is a chance of currupting trophies).

I need to update my trophies, though the stupid DNS errors I get in my current PS3 position having 20-40% signal prevent me from doing that. My old PS3 was somewhere else which had a signal of 70-95%
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Angel of Death

Okay, I beat the game for the third time, then they popped, which doesn't make sense... Eh, whatever, I got the Plat.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Those were some dark days for fellow PS3 gamers, but I did get two free games from Sony's welcome back special! During those weeks just played offline during that mess !

Congrats on your plat cengiz18

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 5 - Silver

I played Prototype 1 during the Black out and also popped the Platinum. Once the Playstation network came back up i synced my Platinum and it worked. =) I also got all 5 games that sony was giving away for the black out bs.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 4 - Silver

yea, during the blackout, i played blur and got all the offline trophies, then PSN came back on, and synched everything

Angel of Death

It's weird, I got the trophy for beatin the game during the Blackout, but not for sequences 4-9, which makes no sense. lol Well, I got the Plat, so I don't really care.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Not affected at all!

It didn't affect me, during that period of time I got more trophies than normal cuz I did not have any multiplayer to distract me and when PSN came back I didn't have any trouble with the sync of the trophies.

The One and Only

If you synced your trophies after the PSN outrage before earning trophies on another PS3, then there shouldn't be an issue. If you haven't synced the trophies earned during the outrage, then it's like turning off a game without saving it. You have to do it all over again.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0