Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Will you start over on PS4?

This is a discussion on Will you start over on PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If able I will keep what I have, as far as trying the same or harder - probably the same, ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If able I will keep what I have, as far as trying the same or harder - probably the same, I really dont seek out to buy games for trophies but It does effect if I buy a game alittle bit, like if I am on the edge of buying a game or not I will check out the trophies first.
    .The Greatest Danger could be your own Stupidity

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't want to start over again. I would like to be able to keep the same id with all of my content I bought and keep all of my friends as well.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

Yea wouldnt bother me if I had to create new or if I can keep this one. I only got into trophies this summer so I know Im not losing much. I would just use the same PSN ID or make it the same name for PS4 if I had too. I enjoy the games themselves thats why I play, not trophies they are just a fun addition to the games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

no i will not make a new account, i will remain with the same one

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm actually going to be VERY pissed off if I have to start over. I've got 55 plats (and x2 100%'s on PSN games), a perfect Platinum streak, a great friends list and a PSN ID I like quite a bit. I highly doubt Sony would force you to start over as there is absolutely no logical reason I can think of for why they would do that. To my understanding, the PSN ID's, friends lists and trophies are all backed up on Sony's database servers, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to tie that to the PS4 systems...

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 5 - Silver

Personally think Sony wouldn't make us gamers start over with a new id. I mean after all everyone damn near has a downloaded content on there gaming id. I would really hate if Sony decides to go that route and make everyone start over. After all the money and time everyone has sank into there ps3 YOU BETTER expect for the best and plan for the worse.

I read in my game informal few issues back that Sony and X-box has decided to make used games were u have to buy a "Code" to unlock the used game. No more game rentals and so on. What the fuck are u thinking here. Money hungry sob's.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It wouldn't make any sense having to make a new account for the PS4. The Vita and PS3 will still be supported and since it all ties into PSN Sony's not going to completely redo or create a a new network. Not to mention the problems it would cause with cross-play. I'm willing to bet that the main reason there are apparently so few titles being released for the Vita this year is because a lot of games will be cross play enabled and you can't really announce those until you're ready to unveil the PS4.

In hindsight I wish I capitalized the M in mturismo but I see no reason to start over from scratch, I've worked too hard to just abandon the trophies I already accumulated. I do wish they'd let you delete games from your trophy list that are at a 0%. There are a number of games I've tried that I don't like or wouldn't put the time into and it looks bad to have a bunch of 0% games. But even that isn't reason enough to start over.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wanted a new ID at first but now that I have a lot of trophies if I am given the option to continue with the same ID I will. If you are forced to make a new ID I will still keep collecting trophies.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would not be pleased with starting over. If I understand correctly we will not have to. Its all about the . Worked "hard" to get those, would be sad to see them go away....
    [/URL]

Top 10 's
    Red Dead Redemption Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Dragon Age: Origins Demons Souls
    Grand Theft Auto IV God of War III Assassins Creed II Heavy Rain Tekken 6 Mafia II

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sony is the most gamer-friendly of all the console producers so it is highly unlikely that they would make us start over with new accounts. I will keep my account of course, since I'm a fuckin Boss and I have the sweetest PSN name and all that...

PRO Member

I am to my knowledge the only person using this nick on the internet (there is one getting close to mine, but he use a H in Artemis) and I also don't feel like starting from Level 1 again

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I've already started over again, I don't want to have to start over again. I seriously doubt we'll have to anyways, the Vita came out and no one had to create a new account for that, hell you can be logged on to both the ps3 and the vita at the same time.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

If I had the option, I'd keep my current profile as I have worked for a few years to get what I have got now. If I had to creat a new one then I certainly wouldn't rush out to buy a Ps4. Infact, I'd be really reluctant. Having said that, if I were to start a new one, I would try my absolute hardest to plat everything I play and have a perfect platinum streak.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think I will be starting over my brother hacked a bunch of trophies on my acct. I hope there is a way to erase all your trophies as most of them I got legit

PRO Member

Keeping My id of course

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I would keep it , not for the trophies but I like my PSN name
    I agree, I would do this too.

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

PRO Member

hell no i wouldnt start over...some of the trophies i got not to mention plats, i got by the skin on my teeth...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Don't see point to start over, you will be able to play PS3 games on PS4 as they said in conference.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i will start a new account with a different name

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'll definitely keep my account unless I have to create a new one..
    My plats:
    Saints Row The Third, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, Burnout Paradise, Sly 1, Megamind

PM me for a custom trophy card background like this one!
    Tell me what you want and I'll create it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast