Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Will you start over on PS4?

This is a discussion on Will you start over on PS4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For those wanting to keep their current PSN id but start afresh, we already have the option to hide any ...

illegal in 9 countries

For those wanting to keep their current PSN id but start afresh, we already have the option to hide any and all games from our trophy profiles via a recent Vita firmware update.

Using the Vita, you can essentially reset your profile to 0 trophies by editing the Privacy Settings to hide them on the PSN and more or less start again from scratch on the PS4. Overall trophy count, level and platinums remain visible, but the individual games are hidden from view. So, you can elect to show a subset of your overall trophies, be it just your platinums / 100% PSN, or just your PS3 or Vita or PS4 games.

It's expected that this 'hide trophies' feature will be rolled out to a PS3 firmware update in the near future.

This site doesn't yet support the hiding of trophies, but in time, it should. Sly's already doing it, so it makes sense for the other trophy card sites to follow.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I will my existing PSN ID to transfer to PS4 but I may setup new ID as backup.
    Slow and Steady WINS!!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yes probably

Lvl 4 - Silver

Is it a requirement to have to have a new ID for PS4? I thought I could still use my current ID and continue adding towards my collection of trophies. Since I'm a trophy collector, I'd still be collecting just as hard as I am now for the PS3.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by TingTingPanda View Post
    Is it a requirement to have to have a new ID for PS4?
    No, it isn't.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

I'll stick with my current PSN account when I get a PS4 and I'll likely continue plugging along on trophies at about the same rate that I am now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345