Yakuza 5 & Yakuza Collection discussed for the West

This is a discussion on Yakuza 5 & Yakuza Collection discussed for the West within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I literally just bought Yakuza 4 & Dead Souls. Have never played the games but am looking forward to them ...

PRO Member

Yakuza 5 & Yakuza Collection discussed for the West

I literally just bought Yakuza 4 & Dead Souls. Have never played the games but am looking forward to them

Aaron Webber recently talked a little bit about the possibility of “Yakuza 5” and “Yakuza HD Collection” coming out in Europe and North America. When multiple fans asked about the western localization of both titles in the comments section of the Playstation Blog on Jan. 29, the associate brand manager for Sega of America revealed that he currently does not have any news. However, he also suggested that fans “help spread the word” on the “Yakuza” series by telling others to purchase the two most recent western releases, “Yakuza 4” and “Yakuza: Dead Souls.” You can check out some screens from “Yakuza 5” in the slideshow at the top of this article and Aaron Webber’s comments below:

I worked on Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza: Dead Souls here at SEGA of America, so I hear you on it feeling a little strange to not have one releasing this March. Right now the best thing that can be done is to help spread the word on the series – tell your friends or others you think might enjoy them, and have them grab a copy of Y4 or Dead Souls.

No news of any announcements, but thanks in advance to yourself (and all the Yakuza fans) who are still pushing hard to support the series here. It’s great to see that dedication.

“Yakuza 5” was released exclusively for the Playstation 3 in Japan on Dec. 6, 2012. “Yakuza HD Collection” came out for the same system and region on Nov. 1. The compilation contains the high-definition remastered ports of “Yakuza” and “Yakuza 2,” both of which were originally released for the Playstation 2 console.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

Looking forward to them being released in the US. I've been wanting to pick up Dead Souls for a while now. Guess I'll try to actually pick it up son then

PRO Member

Why didn't I buy Yakuza 4 for 5$ when I had the chance?

Anyway, looking forward to this if it ever happens

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I love the Yakuza series and have pre-ordered every one of them since Y2 after buying Y1 used. And I would gladly buy a HD collection of Y1 & Y2 to play them all over again. Great series and I hope beyond hope that Y5 makes it over here. I'm pissed that we didn't get a localization of Yakuza: Kenzan (the samurai era Yakuza game).