Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grand Theft Auto V Gets a Release Date

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V Gets a Release Date within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto V will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360 from September 17. The ...

Retired

Grand Theft Auto V Gets a Release Date

Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto V will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360 from September 17.
    The company has revealed that while the game was originally intended for a much earlier release sometime this spring, the delay was necessary in order to polish the game up.
    A statement reads, "We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
    "To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September we thank you for your support and patience."
    No reference is made to the rumoured PC and Wii U versions of the game so, if you're hoping to play the game on a platform other than PS3 or Xbox 360, it looks like you may have to keep waiting that little bit longer.
    Given how Rockstar's previous big titles like Max Payne 3, Red Redemption, L.A. Noire and even Grand Theft Auto IV have all launched in spring, we reckon it's safe to say this decision definitely wasn't planned. It's a bit of a pain, but surely the delay is justified if it'll help the game live up to the massive hype surrounding it? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
    Grand Theft Auto V Gets a September Release Date - IGN

Lvl 4 - Silver

saw this earlier. spring is ruined but i shouldn't be surprised. bastards
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Lvl 8 - Gold

No problem. I'd rather wait a few months longer and get a good game, then get a rushed one right away. There are plenty of games to play until then.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    No problem. I'd rather wait a few months longer and get a good game, then get a rushed one right away. There are plenty of games to play until then.
    Exactly how I feel. They should take their time and make it the best GTA ever seen. And as you said, we have plenty of games to keep us busy till then.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

-i- love myself.

I don't mind, I'd rather have a really epic game than one thats awesome. There are more games that will keep me busy until then.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't get why people are angry about some kind of delay in release.
    By my understanding a game is delayed when the original date is pushed back. But with gta5 there was no date up until now.
    Why the hate? Sure, I was hoping for sometime in summer but I'm happy that we actually got an official date.
    Some people don't understand how difficult it is to develop a professional game - let alone a game of such size.

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

I was really looking forward to play it soon but I'm good with it being postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Kam11ru View Post
    I don't get why people are angry about some kind of delay in release.
    By my understanding a game is delayed when the original date is pushed back. But with gta5 there was no date up until now.
    Why the hate? Sure, I was hoping for sometime in summer but I'm happy that we actually got an official date.
    Some people don't understand how difficult it is to develop a professional game - let alone a game of such size.
    Who's hating or angry in here?

arrghhargahragharahg

I can wait.... better to have a later realease, than a flawed game.
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I was really looking forward to play it soon but I'm good with it being postponed
    Who's hating or angry in here?
    No one here. For now I was talking about the majority of people on the Internet - see comments under the official article on Rockstar webpage and under their post on facebook.

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

Harvester of Souls

This is actually a good thing for me.. gives me something to look forward to later on in the year now . Too much thrown on all at once right now lol. But nice to have an official release date.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Angel of Death

I have a backlog, so that's cool.

Drunken Nights

Couple months after Spring isn't so bad. This will give me some time to finish up the games in my backlog.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love Rockstar, but this is typical. They've spent a year jerking me off, telling me that they're going to make me climax in spring... Spring comes and boom, they unleash pics of nude old men. That's what it feels like.
    Watch me on the Tubes: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wishicouldgame
    Follow me on the Twitters: https://twitter.com/JOExistence

Legalize it...

I saw this coming but it still sucks. Guess that gives me time to play games Ive have for a year that I got on day 1 and havent got to yet lol..

Rangers F.C

Yep me too , people complain if a game needs a patch but then bitch if the game devs take longer to prevent it , it is going to be on a whole new level , they can take as long as they like , GTA is one of the few franchises that has always improved there games and has not got a bad game in the collection , some people never liked IV but I loved it but agree it had plenty missing .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

Happy to have an official date but don't like the date as its close to when FIFA 14 will probably be released and I usually buy that the day it comes out

Lvl 9 - Gold

I agree wholeheartedly. I was looking forward to it being released in a few months' time, but if it's being delayed until 8 months from now, then that is surely a good thing, since Rockstar can continue to polish it until then and make sure it's as good as it can possibly be. I have more than enough gaming to keep me busy until then anyway.

Administrator

A bit disappointed, this would have made a good summer

Lvl 7 - Gold

Love it, they are doing so much to it.

Apparently 75% of all the buildings you will be able to enter!

INTJ

meanwhile on youtube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast