Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Details

This is a discussion on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Details within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Apparently, Dark Arisen expansion will pay for it's 40 price tag after all. It's said to come with full game. ...

Harvester of Souls

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Details

Apparently, Dark Arisen expansion will pay for it's 40 price tag after all. It's said to come with full game. That is pretty awesome I must say lol.
    And it releases April 26, 2013

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...anx+(Gameranx)

As Capcom ramps up to the release of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, the expansion pack to Dragon's Dogma which takes place on Bitterback Isle, an island off the mainland of Gransys, the publisher has released a host of new screenshots to depict some of the monsters that the player—that's you—will do battle against. Check those out below the fold.

Capcom previously released two gameplay trailers showing some of the locations that the player will venture, along with battles against cave trolls.
    Of the new screenshots, the images depict a gigantic black dragon that appears to guard a treasure hoard in the caves beneath Bitterback Isle.

In addition to battling new monsters, players can expect to earn new skills, equipment, and augments for their characters and an option to select Japanese voiceovers.
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is set for release on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on April 26. It'll also include the original game.
    Last edited by NeroRadec707; 01-31-2013 at 10:57 PM.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

I'm confused on this. If you already own the full game, you still have to pay the full $40 for the DLC plus game, or are they going to release the DLC individually for a lower price?

Edit: got my answer from elsewhere. Apparently, it will NOT be sold as separate DLC. I supposed I should sell my copy, since I plan on getting this anyway.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I'm confused on this. If you already own the full game, you still have to pay the full $40 for the DLC plus game, or are they going to release the DLC individually for a lower price?

Edit: got my answer from elsewhere. Apparently, it will NOT be sold as separate DLC. I supposed I should sell my copy, since I plan on getting this anyway.
    That's my plan as well . But yeah, sucks they won't offer it as separate DLC, but getting it with the full game, you can't really beat that.

PRO Member

I'm assuming that saves will still transfer over... hopefully.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I assume that Capcom saw how EA handled Dragon Age: Origins and the Awakening "expansion" and decided that it was a worthwhile model to follow.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 9 - Gold

This is more of an Ultimate MvC3 move, except now they don't use earthquakes as an excuse. They simply wanna make more money out of it.
    In any case the price is fine for me, since the regular game is still expensive and I never bought it.

Bethesda should learn a bit from this move.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Harvester of Souls

Indeed. lol. Definitely happy with the price myself, especially if it's supposed to have as much content as said. Seems bit more than Awakening and so I can be happy with that. Especially if they throw in the actual game too.

Also, updated with the link to the Original page. I realized when I checked it that I left that out before lol. But yeah

PRO Member

I already own the original game and I paid 60$ at release. No capcom, **** you.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Bob 'n' Becca

I own the original game. I've yer to play it but I have it nonetheless. Probably, by the time I get around to playing it, and platting it, the expansion will be much cheaper.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Death to zombies!!

As i only put around an hour into this before getting side tracked with other games i mite have to trade my copy in towards this

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Rangers F.C

I take it its $40 , I am playing Dragons Dogma now and love it , even though this is a good price I still think it sucks there is no separate download , the game is selling for about 12 pre-owned in the UK , so any money you get would be a slap in the face if you paid asking price for it , as far as I am concerned they can stick it , only because they are forcing your hand .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge