Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Screwed up thing

This is a discussion on Screwed up thing within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Games that I bought thru my sons account, I can't play them on mine lol, this is the dumbest shit ...

PRO Member

Screwed up thing

Games that I bought thru my sons account, I can't play them on mine lol, this is the dumbest shit ever, I'm never buying a digital version of a game again, fuck you sony

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lord of all Goat-Men

Srsly? Wouldn't this just be gamesharing? My brother and I split the cost of DLC and games and buy them through my account. They play fine on his account, which is on a different console. The same goes for games obtained from PS+.

Is it all games you bought on your son's account?

the dead don't speak

There must be some mistake. I bought tons of game through PSN and I can download and play them at my friends place free of charge. I think you can actually share your games on a couple of different account before it get restricted. Can someone correct me with this?

Chocobo Master

Don't blame Sony brah. Google and research to see what's the real issue is. You might just have something disable somewhere.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

RPG Master

I don't know if this may be true but could you have enabled parental settings on your son's account?
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

PRO Member

It's not Sony.I play my uncle's games at his house all the time and he does the same at mine on our own accounts.

Ask your son if he deactivated his account either by using your ps3 or Qriocity which deactivates all ps3's associated with that account.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    I don't know if this may be true but could you have enabled parental settings on your son's account?
    this. Also make sure that your sons account is activated on another PS3.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Games that I bought thru my sons account, I can't play them on mine lol, this is the dumbest shit ever, I'm never buying a digital version of a game again, fuck you sony
    It's not Sony, it's you Clever Clogs.

As others have said...

1. make sure his account is activated on your PS3. If you delete or deactivate the account that purchased the content, you lose access to that content until reactivated.

2. recent PSN content can only be active on two consoles concurrently.

3. disable parental controls.

Rangers F.C

Maybe its because you have been banned off PSN before mate
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well, what game did you buy? I know Warhawk isnt shareable!

PRO Member

Darksiders before it went free for plus, and alien breed trilogy so basically 30$, no parental controls, it tells me to renew license with playstation store, but I can't renew anything, when I call Sony they don't know what's going on, so fuck them

PRO Member

same thing happened with my god of war saga, i bought it to have all five games, but as i found out later ghost of Sparta and chains of olympus was a digital version,i downloaded it and played it on my sons account, when i wanted to play on mine it said to renew the license, when i called sony, they just told me that i should play it on the account i downloaded it on, don't tell me this isn't bullshit, i hope i was looking nice and wearing red lipstick cause i got fucked in the ass

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Maybe its because you have been banned off PSN before mate
    they told me is not the reason, they couldn't really say what its wrong, they didn't know about renewing license with playstation store, they told me to buy plus, but i bought these games without owning plus, that's why they just told me that i should play it on the account i got them on, that's why i'm saying fuck sony, they didn't help me to fix it and it s their system

the dead don't speak

Well, whatever your problem is, support from Sony seems a little dismissive.

Bringing the PAIN

Go to the PSN store and see if those games are still on your DL list. I know of a few people who lost things from the list recently and by calling and telling them that they can reactivate them so you can use them.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

KCCO!

Why don't you stop bashing Sony and also stop gamesharing.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    same thing happened with my god of war saga, i bought it to have all five games, but as i found out later ghost of Sparta and chains of olympus was a digital version,i downloaded it and played it on my sons account, when i wanted to play on mine it said to renew the license, when i called sony, they just told me that i should play it on the account i downloaded it on, don't tell me this isn't bullshit, i hope i was looking nice and wearing red lipstick cause i got fucked in the ass
    How many PS3s is your son's account activated on? If only one, delete the game and download it again, that should reset the expiry date...if that's the problem.

If it's an activation issue (if his account is currently active on 2+ consoles), reset the console activations by logging into account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. The option is buried in Account > Media & Devices > Game.

Whatever has happened is a rare issue, I've never heard of it before. I've had similar issues with expired games that hadn't expired for PS+ that resolved by redownloading. Other people have had similar problems with PS+ PS3 content showing up as VITA downloads, Sony needs to fix that manually. Keep on Sony's case, they'll resolve it.

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    its not really gamesharing, if its only on one console, and i did delete the game and downloaded it again, it didnt work, the account is active on only one system, thats why im pissed at Sony, because even though they told me that this shouldnt happend, they refused to give me further assidtance. ipaid for these games, and im just trying to play them on adiffferent account but on the same console, from what they told me its legal and i should be able to do it. the truth is that they dont know how to solve this problem, and their advice was to play it on the account i downloaded it to. so im out of 30$ and im frustrated, its hard for me toacquire money for games when i have two kids.

KCCO!

I don't know what to tell you. Something in your story doesn't sound right. I can't say I've ever had this issue. The only logical thing seems like you had some sort of gamesharing account and it got deactivated, hence why you can't play the associated games. Also, why would you purchase games through your kid's account rather than your own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast