Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Capcom attempts to listen to fans, Resident evil going back to survival horror roots

This is a discussion on Capcom attempts to listen to fans, Resident evil going back to survival horror roots within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by skidmarkgn Wait a second, you say Dead Space is a great game then chastize Resident Evil for ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Wait a second, you say Dead Space is a great game then chastize Resident Evil for identical gameplay elements... really? Last I remember there are plenty of times you have to fight a swarm of enemies, most of which drop ammo and health, all at once, in a non-charming atmosphere in Dead Space. A (admittidly super sweet) curb stomp vs. karate kicks is the only thing you got that doesn't contradict your 1st statement.
    They might have identical gameplay elements but DS is much better at doing what RE tried to do. RE tried to appeal to a new audience by making the game much easier and less survival oriented, which is completely opposite of what it used to be. Dead Space took the idea RE had and made it better in every way.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    They might have identical gameplay elements but DS is much better at doing what RE tried to do. RE tried to appeal to a new audience by making the game much easier and less survival oriented, which is completely opposite of what it used to be. Dead Space took the idea RE had and made it better in every way.
    This is where the inherent opinion problem comes into play. You like the way Dead Space handles things better... I can't see a difference in how an enemy can drop ammo better in one game over another, a 'charming' atmosphere is defined differently by everyone, Dead Space replaced lazy "puzzle" solving with lazy errand boy fetch quests (which I don't think is better) etc. etc. I'm sure you disagree but you can't definitively say I'm wrong... just like I can't say you are wrong.
    All rambling aside, my overall point is that there are a LOT of people who are shitting all over RE6 simply because it's a Capcom game. If you genuinely feel that the gameplay elements are better in DS, I have no problem with that. On the other hand, if people are nit-picking and hating just because of the publisher, that's when they start to become full of shit.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    All rambling aside, my overall point is that there are a LOT of people who are shitting all over RE6 simply because it's a Capcom game. If you genuinely feel that the gameplay elements are better in DS, I have no problem with that. On the other hand, if people are nit-picking and hating just because of the publisher, that's when they start to become full of shit.
    This is one thing I can agree with you on. It's quite popular to hate on certain companies just because. However, my concerns and complaints about RE are genuine and not a product of trying to be "cool". I haven't played RE6 but I did try the demo. I felt like they were trying too hard to make a shooter and failing in that (Chris' demo). Leon's demo was decent and I coldn't stand Jake's. I'll be getting RE6 when it's cheap but I'm in no rush to get it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123