Will We Ever See DLC with a Platinum? (Two Plats, One Title)

This is a discussion on Will We Ever See DLC with a Platinum? (Two Plats, One Title) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; With the increased effort many companies are putting into adding DLC, there's almost enough that they could be a standalone ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Will We Ever See DLC with a Platinum? (Two Plats, One Title)

With the increased effort many companies are putting into adding DLC, there's almost enough that they could be a standalone game. A great example would be Skyrim. Between all of the DLC, they could easily make enough trophies to justify a Platinum. Another example would be Dragon Age Origins Awakening.

Does anyone think we'll eventually see a Platinum trophy associated with DLC that will essentially make a game have a double platinum?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Plats-O'-War!!

I don't think so. Why? Because a retail game has it's own stand-alone trophy set that includes a . Making a available via DLC is quite crazy.

PRO Member

I don't think so. Unlike on the 360, where 1000pts in theory means you completed the game and since DLC is just more points, you don't really have an easy way of knowing if someone has completed the game, a Platinum really does mean you completed the main game. I think they might give a big DLC a separate trophy list altogether. I was kinda surprised DAO: Awakenings didn't have its own already.
    77th platinum: LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes (PS3). 86th PSN/non-platinum 100%: My Singing Monsters. NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

I only see it happening if the DLC trophy list is enough to make a semi-stand alone game. Almost like an extra chapter to the game so to say. I mainly agree with kidson that I doubt it will ever happen though.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Kid, not loser

Maybe one day when one is actually big enough. One considered an expansion (not just a DLC but an actual expansion, even though all dlc is expansions) perhaps. I wouldn't mind them adding a plat at the end of a set of DLC's trophy lists as once you get them all. Like another plat for Uncharted 3's DLC trophy lists would be awesome.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Negator

I don't think we'll see anything like that. It's impracticality and unnecessarily confusing.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's an interesting concept, but like many others, I can't see it ever becoming reality. Having 2 platinum trophies appear above your trophy list for game X would only lead to confusion among gamers who wouldn't understand why game X has 2 plats, game Y has only 1, and game Z (a PSN title) has none at all.

It would be better if a game that featured a large number of DLC trophies (such as RDR or Uncharted 3) could give the player a tangible reward for completing them all, such as a new playable character, or an exclusive level, or something along those lines. This in fact would likely lead to many people whining that this would be unfair if they're not able to obtain the bonus content, but then again, many of these things are already unlocked by meeting certain criteria that not every gamer will be able to accomplish. So in fact, it wouldn't be any different from the way things are now.

Deathless Destroyer

Shouldn't you first be wondering about the games in the 06'-08' timeframe without trophies (trophies came in 09' if I'm not mistaken)?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel