Superbot Entertainment no longer works with sony, Superbot Closing down

This is a discussion on Superbot Entertainment no longer works with sony, Superbot Closing down within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony Walks Away From PlayStation All-Stars Dev - IGN Sony has confirmed to IGN that it has severed its ties ...

INTJ

Superbot Entertainment no longer works with sony, Superbot Closing down

Sony Walks Away From PlayStation All-Stars Dev - IGN

Sony has confirmed to IGN that it has severed its ties with SuperBot Entertainment, the fledgling Southern California studio put together specifically to create PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Here is the comment Sony has provided to IGN:

Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that the working agreement with developer SuperBot Entertainment has amicably ended. We have had a positive working relationship with this talented studio, and wish them the best of success in their next endeavor. PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale and the title’s forthcoming DLC releases will continue to be fully supported by Santa Monica Studio.
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale came to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in November of 2012, and while it was a moderate critical success, most signs point to subpar retail sales. The first DLC pack for the game is due out in the coming weeks – Kat from Gravity Rush, Emmett from Starhawk and a Heavenly Sword/WipeOut stage – and Sony’s comment seems to confirm that more DLC is indeed coming.

Interestingly, Kotaku reports that their sources indicate that SuperBot Entertainment will have to close-up shop due to Sony’s decision, though we’ve reached out to our own sources in an attempt to verify this specific point.

if sony was so happy with it's sales and everything, why didn't they keep the devs?

unless it was PR Damage control, but it possibly couldn't of been that right?

anyways i was right again, it was a massive bust and the proper punishment has been handed out.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Update: Superbot will start a new "chapter", no more layoffs for now, not closing down
    Sony Cuts Ties With PlayStation All-Stars Creators, Studio's Fate In Question [UPDATE: SuperBot Beginning 'Next Chapter']

My Battlelog
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Hozkinz/

Anime and music,other things reasonable to discuss in a good website
    http://www.kotatsulounge.com/forum

myanimelist
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bioware
    (yes,I formed this as a troll account)

Buy my book, Alteration

SuperBot isn't over with, just without SCEA. First Lightbox, now this? Sony's closing lots of one-game studios.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Interestingly, Kotaku reports that their sources indicate that SuperBot Entertainment will have to close-up shop due to Sony’s decision, though we’ve reached out to our own sources in an attempt to verify this specific point.
    Classic Kotaku.

How much integrity does Kotaku have left to loose?

Korean Girl Group Groupie

The game should have been delayed an additional 2-4 months, or been retooled. I bought this game at launch, and found the serious lack of balancing and lack of game modes to be a serious turn off. The game seriously lacked in many areas and didn't deliver any where close to what Superbot talked the game up for. It felt like a 10-year-old game.

They should have definitely had a larger beta, with all of the characters and with much better feedback than what they had (which if you read any of the forums on it, is downright shameful and cry-babyish), while the beta was going on, they should have found some sort of story mode in which you need to find CDs/DVDs/Blurays or something in an actual campaign. Instead you are left with a lame story and animated opening and intro that are more like something out of Tekken.

I played online seriously for a few days, and couldn't bring myself to play more than that - it was either a spam fest with certain characters, or people using the extremely over the top characters to death. I feel that they focused far too much on trying to make good servers - and not enough on good gameplay, balancing, and more importantly fun. After about 15 hours, I couldn't take much more and didn't feel like going out of my way and memorizing a character and spending hours in the tutorial only to have to have said character be "patched" later on, and play differently than what I have learned.

I truly believe that despite having a decent launch week (which it did have PS360, hense why Sony was happy with it's first week sales) but word of mouth killed this game, because it turned off way too many people. I personally probably nipped a few sales in the butt when my friends got to say what I thought, and it was a heavily imbalanced list of problems as opposed to positives - which is the games problem, after the novelty wears off it isn't something you can delve into because the game is as deep as a 1993 fighter, instead of a 2013 one.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The game should have been delayed an additional 2-4 months, or been retooled.
    they should of rebuilt the entire thing.

it tried to appeal to the fighter fans, which failed, while losing the fanbase that would of taken it perfectly and told it to screw off with stupid shit like "infinite avoidance system" and retarded shit like that.

the other problem is that it's character roster was pure shit. have you ever met someone who knows who Radec is (spoiler: "that killzone guy")? or Nariko (Spoiler: "That girl with red hair")? barely any of them are memorable PS Characters, The rest are Terrible choices, made absolutely no sense (hey guys lets make Cole two characters instead of one that can switch powers back and forth) or were not even exclusive.

INTJ

Oddworld's Abe DLC in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale cancelled

chance for a actual good roster character gone

100% Grizzly

When I got the game about a month ago I was glad I got it for about $18 new.